Starting eleven next year

stewaj3

Working on the assumption that we keep all our current players and add windass and crooks what would you have a starting eleven.

For me

Foderingham

Tavernier

kiernan

wilson

wallace

crooks

holt

windass

mckay

waghorn

O'halloran

subs

kelly (the polish boy isnt even getting on the bench over cammy bell)

ball (dont think he will be here)

halliday (think he will still have a major role)

burt (hopefully will kick on next season)

king (really rate him, not sure hed come back to stay on the bench)

forrester (impact sub)

miller (still offers plenty)

so that leaves

Zelalem (wont be with us) shiels templeton, clark law hardie thompson walsh aird bell polish guy as folk who have been with us and been involved in match day squads.

at the moment i can see us offering one of shiels or law a new deal, to be honest i think shiels would be the managers choice.

you would expect the likes of hardie , thompson and walsh to be here or on loan... Im not sure what the rest will offer. Law, shiels and clark have redeemed themselves a bit for me, so if they do go, they will be leaving knowing they helped us get back to where we belong. Bell was disappointing after injury and templeton should be ashamed of his time here.

this is before any other new signings, not everyone will pick this team, but the options show its clear to see the work thats been done. Under mccoist it was difficult to pick players because they were so poor. Under wardburton you feel its harsh on certain players to leave them out.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although, to play the wee game, I wouldn't mind a starting 11 of the following, with the XXXs being some quality new additions or other.

Wes

Tav

Kiernan

XXXX

Wallace

Crooks

Holt

XXXX

O'H

Waghorn

Windass

Subs: XXXX, XXXX, Halliday, McKay, Wilson, Polish keeper

Just now, Inigo said:

Not sure there's much point atm. 

I'd expect to bring in 4-6 players on top of Crooks and Windass.

Agree its not likely to reflect the actual starting eleven, tbs wouldnt be surprised to see one or two sold as well to freshen things up. Just a bit of fun really.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Although, to play the wee game, I wouldn't mind a starting 11 of the following, with the XXXs being some quality new additions or other.

Wes

Tav

Kiernan

XXXX

Wallace

Crooks

Holt

XXXX

McKay

O'H 

Windass

Interesting - no waghorn?

i know he has been off the boil recently but still think he will score goals for us next year.

5 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Interesting - no waghorn?

i know he has been off the boil recently but still think he will score goals for us next year.

Lol. Oops. Knew somehting was missing... hang on. I'll edit it... :lol:

He's out for two games and I've forgotten he existed. And I'm only 37. Slippery slope to senility...

6 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

is Windass not a midfielder?

When I've seen in clips him he's been playing more advanced.

I'd also like a bigger, more physical forward, that likes to stay more advanced, and look to get in behind. And McKay would be in with a shout too. It's a tough one, and i think it'll be a squad game, with no real set starting 11.

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Only Wes, Tav, Kiernan,Wallace, Holt, Halliday, Waghorn and O'Halloran will be in the starting 11 next year I reckon. Need a CB,DM and a striker!

how do you fit a new striker,Waghorn and O Halloran in the same side,both Waghorn and MOH are more effective from the right imo and with a new striker in the side theres no room for Waggy up top?

1 minute ago, JockyWilsonspants said:

This.

I expect 5 or 6 new players to come in, a couple of them probably loan signings. It's impossible to predict the team right now.

Plus the likelihood of some of our regulars being sold as, although they have done the necessary this season, I reckon many are no better than Championship players. Maybe good enough for Scottish first tier as squad players, but not for Europe.

Difficult to say what our starting 11 would be, but worth saying who could / should be of the 'starter' quality required that we've got on the books at the moment. For me...

Fod

Tav - Kiernan (maybe?) - New CB - Wallace

New DM (maybe Crooks?)

New CM - New CM

Waghorn / McKay - New CF - O'Halloran / Windass

Bench:

Halliday

Holt

Wilson

Will be interesting to see who he brings in. Makings of a good young team though. 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

When I've seen in clips him he's been playing more advanced.

I'd also like a bigger, more physical forward, that likes to stay more advanced, and look to get in behind. And McKay would be in with a shout too. It's a tough one, and i think it'll be a squad game, with no real set starting 11.

thought he was mainly a cm reckon only seen clips of him tho,big physical forward eh that you Ally haha,i disagree about the forward tbh id prefer a smaller pacy forward who can finish almost a Vardy type(ambitious i know) as with the pace we're going to have in the wings we need a striker who'd be able to keep up with the play.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Difficult to say what our starting 11 would be, but worth saying who could / should be of the 'starter' quality required that we've got on the books at the moment. For me...

Fod

Tav - Kiernan (maybe?) - New CB - Wallace

New DM (maybe Crooks?)

New CM - New CM

Waghorn / McKay - New CF - O'Halloran / Windass

Bench:

Halliday

Holt

Wilson

Will be interesting to see who he brings in. Makings of a good young team though. 

Kiernan would be worthwhile, he's played in the SPL before. Even been in a match against Celtic too. 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

thought he was mainly a cm reckon only seen clips of him tho,big physical forward eh that you Ally haha,i disagree about the forward tbh id prefer a smaller pacy forward who can finish almost a Vardy type(ambitious i know) as with the pace we're going to have in the wings we need a striker who'd be able to keep up with the play.

By physical I don't mean a Daly type. I mean big, strong, fast, plays on the shoulder and is more likely to stay quite central, unlike the other guys we have just now. 

Might not really be the kind of guy MW goes for, but I'd like that variety in the squad.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

By physical I don't mean a Daly type. I mean big, strong, fast, plays on the shoulder and is more likely to stay quite central, unlike the other guys we have just now. 

Might not really be the kind of guy MW goes for, but I'd like that variety in the squad.

Drogba, rather than Daly (tu)

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

yeah i know what you mean mate and quite possibly the gaffer may want something similar as thats the type of player Andre Gray is who he signed for Brentford,if he could conjure up another Andre Gray from his magic hat i'd be delighted

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Drogba, rather than Daly (tu)

7 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

yeah i know what you mean mate and quite possibly the gaffer may want something similar as thats the type of player Andre Gray is who he signed for Brentford,if he could conjure up another Andre Gray from his magic hat i'd be delighted

Yes and yes. (tu)

McKay Waghorn O'Halloran up front will be ur front 3 unless one is sold.  That is quick, strong and powerful spread over.

Midfield will have Crooks and Holt, I still think we'll see another CM come in but if not it'll be Windass.

Defending is where it'll happen for us in the transfer market.  I think a new CB and another RB or LB Will be brought in.

We're gonna see the benefits of a young adaptable team when we move into to SPL. As the manager says most of the players can rotate and play in numerous positions, that with the experience they now have will go a long way to being successful next year. 4-5 quality additions, maybe 1or2 more experienced players will hopefully take us to where we need to be.