The "lets all laugh at the Hibs" thread

GOAT

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/12/2016 at 10:49 PM, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Is this ugly cunt ever going to learn? The amount of shite he has spouted over the season has well and truly made him to look like an even bigger fud than he already is.Ā 

I wonder if the Hibs fans are sick of his shite; I know I would if I had the misfortune to be one of them.Ā 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36039860

Hibernian chief executive Leeann Dempster has told BBC Scotland Alan Stubbs' position as head coach is safe.

Hibs are six points behind second-placed Falkirk with two games in hand in the Scottish Championship.

Rangers have already won the division and automatic promotion, with the side finishing second entering the Premiership play-offs at a later stage.

"We've hit a dip in form," said Dempster. "Alan is supported and we're going forward."

Falkirk came back from two goals down toĀ draw with HibsĀ on Tuesday evening and Stubbs' side have taken just five points from their past eight league games.

he sides finishing third and fourth will play off to decide who plays the league's runners-up in the two-legged semi-final.

The winner of that second tie will meet the team finishing second bottom of the Premiership in the final, again over two legs.

Stubbs - who was appointed in the summer of 2014 - led Hibs to a runners-up finish last season but they lost at the play-off semi-final stage to Rangers, who were beaten in the final by Motherwell.

"We're in here for the long game," said Dempster. "Alan and our team and our coaches have not become poor managers overnight.

"We're in the Scottish Cup semi-final [against Dundee United on Saturday], we got to the League Cup final [losing to Ross County] and we can get promoted this season. We were in the Scottish Cup semi-final last year.

"We can do things this season."

Dempster praised Stubbs for helping the club pull in the same direction.

"He's keeping the dressing room positive, training is good and he's pulling us all together - that's what we need here," she said.

"We've hit a poor bit of form. That's what's happened. We've actually had, up until that point, a good season so I don't want to over-dramatise things.

"People are upset, they're hurting - they don't want to be losing these games.

"But you're under pressure working at Hibernian; you're under pressure working at a football club. We're all under pressure and Alan handles that really well."

And, with a third successive season in the Championship in prospect, Dempster added: "Of course, I've looked at the possibilities.

"I'm the chief executive, I need to have a long-term plan. I need to also look at the short-term.

"But I'm not even considering that at the moment. I'm focused on promotion. We're focused on the Scottish Cup this weekend."

Ā 

stubbs2.png

stubbs 1.jpg

37 minutes ago, ZZed said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36039860

Hibernian chief executive Leeann Dempster has told BBC Scotland Alan Stubbs' position as head coach is safe.

Hibs are six points behind second-placed Falkirk with two games in hand in the Scottish Championship.

Rangers have already won the division and automatic promotion, with the side finishing second entering the Premiership play-offs at a later stage.

"We've hit a dip in form," said Dempster. "Alan is supported and we're going forward."

Falkirk came back from two goals down toĀ draw with HibsĀ on Tuesday evening and Stubbs' side have taken just five points from their past eight league games.

he sides finishing third and fourth will play off to decide who plays the league's runners-up in the two-legged semi-final.

The winner of that second tie will meet the team finishing second bottom of the Premiership in the final, again over two legs.

Stubbs - who was appointed in the summer of 2014 - led Hibs to a runners-up finish last season but they lost at the play-off semi-final stage to Rangers, who were beaten in the final by Motherwell.

"We're in here for the long game," said Dempster. "Alan and our team and our coaches have not become poor managers overnight.

"We're in the Scottish Cup semi-final [against Dundee United on Saturday], we got to the League Cup final [losing to Ross County] and we can get promoted this season. We were in the Scottish Cup semi-final last year.

"We can do things this season."

Dempster praised Stubbs for helping the club pull in the same direction.

"He's keeping the dressing room positive, training is good and he's pulling us all together - that's what we need here," she said.

"We've hit a poor bit of form. That's what's happened. We've actually had, up until that point, a good season so I don't want to over-dramatise things.

"People are upset, they're hurting - they don't want to be losing these games.

"But you're under pressure working at Hibernian; you're under pressure working at a football club. We're all under pressure and Alan handles that really well."

And, with a third successive season in the Championship in prospect, Dempster added: "Of course, I've looked at the possibilities.

"I'm the chief executive, I need to have a long-term plan. I need to also look at the short-term.

"But I'm not even considering that at the moment. I'm focused on promotion. We're focused on the Scottish Cup this weekend."

Ā 

stubbs2.png

stubbs 1.jpg

That's him fucked then lol

they are keeping him? do they want to stay down there or something? if they don't manage the play offs then they will be spending their THIRD season down there and will no doubt need to cut costs even more. if they don't get out now then they won't be out for a long time yet if ever...

i hope they stay down. they are a horrible disgusting club and i never want us to play them again after next wednesday when they will need to welcome the champions to their home ground and give us a guard of honourĀ :lol:

46 minutes ago, one55 said:

they are keeping him? do they want to stay down there or something? if they don't manage the play offs then they will be spending their THIRD season down there and will no doubt need to cut costs even more. if they don't get out now then they won't be out for a long time yet if ever...

i hope they stay down. they are a horrible disgusting club and i never want us to play them again after next wednesday when they will need to welcome the champions to their home ground and give us a guard of honourĀ :lol:

Unfortunately, they don't need to give us a Guard of Honour. Nothing in the rules about that.

They're making great progress. 2nd place last year and looking like 3rd this year. If they keep their current form up they have no chance of getting promotion.

Next season will be tough; Dundee Hibs, St Mirren, Dunfermline. And two from Falkirk, Raith or Killie too.

25 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

They're making great progress. 2nd place last year and looking like 3rd this year. If they keep their current form up they have no chance of getting promotion.

Next season will be tough; Dundee Hibs, St Mirren, Dunfermline. And two from Falkirk, Raith or Killie too.

Not really. Have you never heard of reconstruction? Probably next season it will be one down and five up.

1 hour ago, Corky True Legend said:

Not really. Have you never heard of reconstruction? Probably next season it will be one down and five up.

Fucking hope not. Hibs and Dundee Hibs need to take their medicine and learn their lesson: don't sell your soulĀ to the bheasts from the east and expect to prosper.

15 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Fucking hope not. Hibs and Dundee Hibs need to take their medicine and learn their lesson: don't sell your soulĀ to the bheasts from the east and expect to prosper.

Did Thompson not hint at reconstruction next year earlier in the season? I don't think he said in what form so that was just my idea of what might be. They will use the excuse that it is what the fans want - a bigger top division.

Was it said somewhere by her, or maybe the Rangers hating press, who knows that he can't become a bad manager overnight. Or something like that.

Yes you can. Le Guen (PLG) had a fantastic rep before he came to us, but he failed miserably. I can't remember him recovering either.

Then again, who says that the trunk was ever a 'good' manager to begin with.

Show me the evidence!

22 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Did Thompson not hint at reconstruction next year earlier in the season? I don't think he said in what form so that was just my idea of what might be. They will use the excuse that it is what the fans want - a bigger top division.

Yeah, I think he did. Funny how a bigger league was pooh-poohed the last time they restructured, yet it is a good idea this time.

Would Scottish football really miss Dundee Hibs or Hibs if they both disappeared? Probably not.

14 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Yeah, I think he did. Funny how a bigger league was pooh-poohed the last time they restructured, yet it is a good idea this time.

Would Scottish football really miss Dundee Hibs or Hibs if they both disappeared? Probably not.

If there was one team i was desperate to see relegated and suffer the most it was United. Going to love their relegation.Ā