The "lets all laugh at the Hibs" thread

GOAT

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibernian boss Alan Stubbs says the club's critics are "wasting their time" and his players will show their "steel" in Saturday's Scottish Cup semi-final.

The Championship club approach the Hampden clash with Premiership basement side Dundee United having only won one of their last eight league games.

But despite having to settle for the play-offs, victory on Saturday will see Hibs into a second cup final this term.

"People can say what they want. They are wasting their time," Stubbs said.

"It isn't going to affect what we want to achieve. Let's just see what happens at the end of the season.

"When things happen, it just makes you stronger and makes you want to prove people wrong even more.

"I am glad I have got the group of players I have. Sometimes when people try to write you off, it just brings that extra bit more out of you.

"I know the players are hurting. They have had a lot of plaudits this season, and then probably a few negative headlines over the last month or so. But all that makes them want to do is work even harder.

"When you have got that determination and steeliness about you, it can be a very useful tool to have."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36047074

They never,ever learn :lol: 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

:lol: Last night on the news from Stubbs.

"Form is temporary (big pause with cameras zoomed in on his pot ugly mug).....................class is permanent". :lol::lol: 

Just spat my tea out reading that!!! Fkn hell!!! :000000082:

42 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Being a Hibs fan must be absolutely horrible.

Over the past fifteen years, their board have sold anyone worth any value and haven't even attempted to replace them. They lost five-one in the Scottish Cup final against Hearts a few years ago and I don't care what side you are, you don't concede five goals on a big occassion, especially not against your bitter rivals.

Then, 2014; they finally got to laugh at Hearts who went into administration and were subsequently relegated... but Hibs joined them! Against all odds, Hibs demonstrated fuck-up after fuck-up to ensure relegation with very last kick of the ball in the 2013/14 season against Hamilton. Hearts have since gone back up whilst Hibs season has reiterated that they don't do fuck-ups by half-measures; we put six past them at Easter Road in July and their current run is impressive, taking one point from about eight games.

Imagine you're a Hibs fan in Edinburgh right now, picking-up your morning roll from a sandwich shop and you bump into any Hearts fans. You haven't got a leg to stand on, you have absolutely nothing. The only option is to hold your hands up, admit defeat and cry into your roll.

I don't just want to beat the Tims on Sunday, I want Hibs to beat Dundee United so that we can give them a proper send off at Hampden in May.

Spot on. And they're still bleating about how everyone else, bar them, has been cheating with tax and debts and referees and the Glasgow media and blah, blah, blah, blah.

All they've got to show for 40 years of under-achievement is a lop-sided, half-empty stadium and a Championship level team managed by a genuine Merrick. They'll be crying for a few more years yet.

1 hour ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Being a Hibs fan must be absolutely horrible.

Over the past fifteen years, their board have sold anyone worth any value and haven't even attempted to replace them. They lost five-one in the Scottish Cup final against Hearts a few years ago and I don't care what side you are, you don't concede five goals on a big occassion, especially not against your bitter rivals.

Then, 2014; they finally got to laugh at Hearts who went into administration and were subsequently relegated... but Hibs joined them! Against all odds, Hibs demonstrated fuck-up after fuck-up to ensure relegation with very last kick of the ball in the 2013/14 season against Hamilton. Hearts have since gone back up whilst Hibs season has reiterated that they don't do fuck-ups by half-measures; we put six past them at Easter Road in July and their current run is impressive, taking one point from about eight games.

Imagine you're a Hibs fan in Edinburgh right now, picking-up your morning roll from a sandwich shop and you bump into any Hearts fans. You haven't got a leg to stand on, you have absolutely nothing. The only option is to hold your hands up, admit defeat and cry into your roll.

I don't just want to beat the Tims on Sunday, I want Hibs to beat Dundee United so that we can give them a proper send off at Hampden in May.

I drove my hibee mate home after 7 a side last night. He was so utterly dejected about how this season has panned out. He fully expected the usual hibs demise but he says this year has been the worst he's experienced. He literally has no hope of a recovery any time soon. 

10 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

I drove my hibee mate home after 7 a side last night. He was so utterly dejected about how this season has panned out. He fully expected the usual hibs demise but he says this year has been the worst he's experienced. He literally has no hope of a recovery any time soon. 

Their best hope is we pump the bheggars and they bring in Stubbs for Delia ???

7 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

No wonder.

They don't have the consistency or form required going into the Play-Offs, so I very much doubt they'll go up this season. Then, in the summer, Petrie will punt Cummings and McGinn, 100%.

Tell him to drown his sorrows in The Three Sisters. That's a decent pub.

3 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

They have always done this and there you have one of their fans admitting as much.

What is annoying is BBC Ireland introducing Rangers haters as doien's(?) of Scottish football reporting.

They sit there bleating on about hivs and their recent crash but not once do these experts mention that hivs do this almost every year.

It usually happens just after Christmas, but they managed to hold on for a month and a bit longer this time, probably because of the ill informed support form those very same employees of BBC Ireland

6 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

They lost five-one in the Scottish Cup final against Hearts

To be fair to them I had Skacel to score in the 90 and Hearts -3, Hibs predictability won me a fortune that day :wink: