The "lets all laugh at the Hibs" thread

GOAT

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

No, no, Scottish football is better off without usĀ :rolleyes:

The amount of folk that you hear trying to claim that the SPL etc has benefited from us going down is baffling, the standard has plummeted, who do they think they are kidding?

Just now, Willis said:

The amount of folk that you hear trying to claim that the SPL etc has benefited from us going down is baffling, the standard has plummeted, who do they think they are kidding?

I know, especially when you consider the smaller teams that's benefited from playing us.

Peterhead are set for a good few years from that final alone.Ā 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I know, especially when you consider the smaller teams that's benefited from playing us.

Peterhead are set for a good few years from that final alone.Ā 

Clyde apparently became debt free due to the 2 sellouts against us

6 minutes ago, Willis said:

Yeah I can't understand that either. It baffles me.

Ā 

Teams like Ross County and St Johnstone have won trophies, fair enough, butĀ each and everyĀ competition is such a weak standard it makes it irrelevant, I wouldn't want a trophy in my cabinet that didn't involve the best teams in the country all playing to the bestĀ of their ability. It makes the whole thing aĀ bitĀ of a laughing stock IMO.

Someone has to win these trophies in Scotland. It's not the case that Ross County or St Johnstone have, against all odds, achieved greatness. If Celtic fuck-up, which they have done on a regular basis since we were relegated, then it's anyone's trophy. There is no consistency in winners because it's pot luck.

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Someone has to win these trophies in Scotland. It's not the case that Ross County or St Johnstone have, against all odds, achieved greatness. If Celtic fuck-up, which they have done on a regular basis since we were relegated, then it's anyone's trophy. There is no consistency in winners because it's pot luck.

Agreed, going on about teams winning the cup when its not like we won it every year reeks of desperation. The fact they cannot get a television deal shows how much the standard has dropped for the SPL. And how many times has an SPL team been knocked out the cups by championship sides recently?

14 minutes ago, Willis said:

the standard has went down - but teams who had no chance of winning a trophy now have the chance to do that. I doubt their fans care if the standard of the premiership is what it used to be if they are picking up some silverware.Ā Its us thats kidding ourselves if we think these fans will welcome us back with open arms when it demotes them one rung further down the ladder and lessens their chance of of a trophy.

Their chairmen might silently be thanking the gods we are promoted due to the financial element, but the fans of these clubs simply dont want us back.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

the standard has went down - but teams who had no chance of winning a trophy now have the chance to do that. I doubt their fans care if the standard of the premiership is what it used to be if they are picking up some silverware.Ā Its us thats kidding ourselves if we think these fans will welcome us back with open arms when it demotes them one rung further down the ladder and lessens their chance of of a trophy.

Their chairmen might silently be thanking the gods we are promoted due to the financial element, but the fans of these clubs simply dont want us back.

Typical mentality of Scottish Football, dont strive to become better, just strive to destroy those who are better than you.

17 minutes ago, Willis said:

Typical mentality of Scottish Football, dont strive to become better, just strive to destroy those who are better than you.

They all had a chance while we were demoted to really try and take on Celliic - and they all didn't even attempt the contest. DU selling their best players to cellic a month before they were due to play them in a cup final was a disgraceful lack of ambition.

48 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Yeah I can't understand that either. It baffles me.

Ā 

Teams like Ross County and St Johnstone have won trophies, fair enough, butĀ each and everyĀ competition is such a weak standard it makes it irrelevant, I wouldn't want a trophy in my cabinet that didn't involve the best teams in the country all playing to the bestĀ of their ability. It makes the whole thing aĀ bitĀ of a laughing stock IMO.

Smaller teams winning the cupsĀ has nothing to do with them improving. It's the bigger teams have been weakened by our absence.

the facts are plain to see, hibs hearts and Dundee Utd are examplesĀ 

35 minutes ago, Willis said:

Both the Hivs and Dundee Hivs fans have basically given up :lol::lol:

I was talking to a Dundee Utd fan the other day. She used to go to all home games but she told me the other day that she will not be going to support her team whilst they are in the championshipĀ :unsure:Ā Some "supporter"

I said to her that that's what makes us so unique because when we were shunted to the third division our fans kept following home and away because we didn't care where we were we only wanted to see our team play.Ā 

:uk:

4 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I was talking to a Dundee Utd fan the other day. She used to go to all home games but she told me the other day that she will not be going to support her team whilst they are in the championshipĀ :unsure:Ā Some "supporter"

I said to her that that's what makes us so unique because when we were shunted to the third division our fans kept following home and away because we didn't care where we were we only wanted to see our team play.Ā 

We were shunted because of spite, they will be shunted because they are shite.......big difference(tu)

Hope to fuck Dundee United beat them tomorrow. A Rangers/Hibs final would be a bit boring and losing that would be unthinkable, a Celtic/Hibs final would also be depressing but a Rangers/Dundee United final would be perfect to pump them on their way down.

4 hours ago, jintybear said:

You should have then proceeded to kick her back doors in

edit - for the benefit of the SNaziPolis looking in that was a J for joke

:D