Pay At The Gate Tomorrow

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This will be the seventh home cup match this season. Would love to have a sell out for this, but with the early kick-off and being on TV this was never going to be a game with over 40K.

7th? Much more than I thought tbh. All a decent 10-20 quid a pop too. I'm trying to think. Killie, Saints, Cowdenbeath? Who else? My memory is fucking terrible

Forgetting the fact it's on tele as well so that's bound to cut the numbers a little (tu)

Would love a sell out too, but it'll be hard. 33k would be my bet.

ETA - Livi was another if I recall

1 hour ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

See when this happens is it actual pay at the gate like just pay your money at the turnstile or is it just the ticket office is open up til kick off?

Last couple of cup games you could pay at the turnstile in the Copland rear so I assume it will be the same again 

37 minutes ago, Lintero said:

7th? Much more than I thought tbh. All a decent 10-20 quid a pop too. I'm trying to think. Killie, Saints, Cowdenbeath? Who else? My memory is fucking terrible

Forgetting the fact it's on tele as well so that's bound to cut the numbers a little (tu)

St mirren and Peterhead aswell if I remember correctly 

41 minutes ago, Lintero said:

Challenge Cup:

Livingston 

St. Mirren

League Cup:

Peterhead

St. Johnstone

Scottish Cup:

Cowdenbeath

Kilmarnock

and now Dundee

I remember turning up at Ibrox in the mid eighties for a cup tie against Hamilton, and it was a lock out, no way to get in at all.

It was the match that was to be Chris Woods' record for keeping a clean sheet, and it was the match where Sprott scored the only goal and ended it, knocking us out in the process.

Just hope we keep it all together on Saturday. Dundee will take confidence into the match after the 0:0 at the piggery.

They may also have dented their title chances at the same time.

These are real dangerous games for us. Dundee are a league above anything we play week in week out, and if we fuck about in front of goal as we have done for a while now, they will make us pay.

When I first saw the headline, 'Pay at the Gate', I was thinking I might just take a trip through. Then I read the details and the Copland Rear is impossible for me, I just couldn't manage the stairs.

Also, it's on live TV, so the pub will be a much more welcoming prospect.

Maybe I will head to the Morton game next Friday, but I've got to be sat at the back of the lower tiers to manage it.

2 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I don't think SPL teams are the draw some people think they are ... still looking forward to seeing the Rangers though :pipe:

Then again, maybe folk are just scared of being lifted by the fuzz due to some 'misinterpretation' of the law, what with the harkens guy on the park???

2 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

When I first saw the headline, 'Pay at the Gate', I was thinking I might just take a trip through. Then I read the details and the Copland Rear is impossible for me, I just couldn't manage the stairs.

Also, it's on live TV, so the pub will be a much more welcoming prospect.

Maybe I will head to the Morton game next Friday, but I've got to be sat at the back of the lower tiers to manage it.

The ticket office is open until kick off and there's tickets in every other stand so you could either show up tomorrow and buy one or buy one online and pick it up before the game if you did want to go? 

I've not been to a Scottish Cup game for ages, but I've not seen Morton at Ibrox for more than 30 years I think.

I'll just wait for that as at least I'll know where I'll be sitting instead of going there on spec.

3 hours ago, bluenosebrad said:

A lot of the guys that normally go to the games are not going because they dont want to give half their cash to the scum.

We are going to have some poor attendances next year then, would they same bears take the same action if we were playing celtic? I think not so rubbish excuse but at least ul be there supporting the team. We need to get behind rangers and fuck this protest especially at home games, I know wot folk mean when they aren't buying away tickets but I would go to all away games if I could but wouldn't give any1 it tight for not going for that reason but at home we need to give the team the support 

35 minutes ago, Fabric said:

We are going to have some poor attendances next year then, would they same bears take the same action if we were playing celtic? I think not so rubbish excuse but at least ul be there supporting the team. We need to get behind rangers and fuck this protest especially at home games, I know wot folk mean when they aren't buying away tickets but I would go to all away games if I could but wouldn't give any1 it tight for not going for that reason but at home we need to give the team the support 

Not really. The league games we keep all the cash, it's only the cup games we split the gate receipts.

3 hours ago, bluenosebrad said:

Dont care what you think m8, its what they have said and is a fact I will be going to the game without them tomorrow.

Don't capitulate, educate.   Perhaps they have forgotten Dundee were not in the SPL when we're treated so disgracefuly.  You can remind them.