Our defence...

For the majority of the season I have not been totally convinced by our back line, in particular Wilson & at times Kiernan. Recently it's improved ten fold and todays game was probably the first time I was 100% confident we would not concede a goal. We were fantastic. Wilson & Kiernan both so dominating and I really hope this is a sign of things to come. 

Worth mentioning Ball's effort to protect the back 4 - he was outstanding. 

Totally nullified all threats today. Both cb's were calm and dominant. The fullbacks played almost the whole game on the front foot. Ball was immense in front of them. Only slight negative is Wilson's distribution at times can be too casual and inaccurate.

54 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

For the majority of the season I have not been totally convinced by our back line, in particular Wilson & at times Kiernan. Recently it's improved ten fold and todays game was probably the first time I was 100% confident we would not concede a goal. We were fantastic. Wilson & Kiernan both so dominating and I really hope this is a sign of things to come.

By fuck he was! Immense and it would be great if we could keep him.

Wilson, Kiernan and Ball all have such a determined look about them.

The way Kiernan goes into tackles leaving nothing behind is also particularly pleasing.

Strolled it today from a very mediocre front line, and even that's a compliment to Dundee!

35 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

By fuck he was! Immense and it would be great if we could keep him.

Agreed, Ball would be a fantastic permanent addition. Think he has his eye on a return down south but I imagine it will be quite hard for him to break into the Tottenham first team so you never know..

1 minute ago, siamthedanger said:

Agreed, Ball would be a fantastic permanent addition. Think he has his eye on a return down south but I imagine it will be quite hard for him to break into the Tottenham first team so you never know..

If we get europe next season hopefully it will sway him to either sign or come back on loan

4 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

I think he wants a new spurs contract. If that's forthcoming he'll still be loaned out. A year in the premiership with us &(hopefully) some European experience would give him a whole set of options.

1 hour ago, siamthedanger said:

I have to agree here, our defence in the early part of the season looked dodgy and unconvincing. I've said to my Dad the last few games how much I thought Kiernan has improved as well as Foderingham. Then today both of us agreed that Wilson has been superb since he stopped trying to be a world beater and just did the simple things.

As someone else mentioned I think it's very evident that a lot of work has gone in on the training park, the improvement is no accident. Long may it continue and my only wish is that the manager is able to bring in some cover for the defence over the summer, if we were to pick up a couple of injuries in defence we don't really have much cover in there it would seem. It'll be interesting to see how he feels about Gasparotto next season in  that respect.

Ball was great. Could turn into a very good holder. I hope we get him again next season. freed the fullbacks who were both tremendous themselves.

Wilson and kiernan are gelling. And tbf, where Kiernan has been the better through most of the season, in the last five games Wilson he been the better of the two. 

It's all looking up!