Forrester's Booking.

Seriously? For me this is as bad if not worse than Halliday's. He's done nothing wrong here. 

This is the third booking this season for celebrating. Now I know Cummings was booked for Sellik-Lite against Hertz but this now seems to me like Rangers players arent allowed to celebrate. 

This is something the club should be questioning because it's sucking the joy out of the game but also makes it look like we are being picked on. 

It's fucking ridiculous. 

Boy needs to do a Halliday, he scored a cracker of a free kick yesterday and made a small celebration, totally and utterly wrong and needs to be addressed by football in general. Love to see our players celebrate but not if it means missing games.

If a defender went through a striker after 13 seconds the ref would probably let him off with it, because they don't like to book people early in the game, give them

time to settle and all that crap, this case, ref had no need to book him, it wasn't outrageous as a celebration. The only conclusion is that the referee actually wanted to book him. Pathetic.

I think a lot of people have missed it to be fair. Not much discussion about it. 

Something needs to be said, the club needs to speak up for the players. 

We get kicked up and down pitches with no recourse for the thugs that do it but god forbid we celebrate a goal. 

Its a pathetic interpretation of the rules by some refs who don't even show consistency. Harry left the field of play and was booked. Kenny left the field of play to celebrate the 2nd and stood on the hoardings (bloody great btw) and he wasn't booked. What was the difference?

Just seems like they're trying to rip the joy and emotion out of the game up here (even more than the politicians have). 

Halliday keeps it understated now, wether that's him being funny or genuinely watching how he celebrates I don't know. 

Every game you see a player goes wild into the corner near the fans, arms aloft. If a player taunts fans after scoring well it's all part of the pantomime villainy but now it's being deemed as "inciteful". The authorities need to get a grip. 

I looked at the stats after the game and saw we had a player booked, which totally had me fucking scratching my head wondering who the hell had got the yellow card; because for the life of me I had no idea Harry Forrester got booked for celebrating. No wonder Scottish football is in a fucking mess when shit like this is the norm from referees. :angsum:

I'm also baffled. The celebrations at other goals eg Miller at Copeland Road end after wee Holt scored was the same.

The only thing I can think of is that after he scored he's so excited he runs towards Dundee fans before he realises and changes course.

No abuse please ... I'm only trying to find a reason for the booking. Doesn't change the fact that I think it was a shitty decision by the ref.

Griffiths just scored and did the usual shhhhhh with finger at lips to Morton support. Inflammatory? Possibly.  Action taken? None.

Stupid rules applied on the whole only in our games.

Sitting here in dignified silence wondering who the next Rangers player to be persecuted will be.

Did we ever get clarification on Hallidays booking? A fuckin joke on both occasions, Scottish football at its best, let's drive away what's left of it attitude, they need to be taken to task with this, fuckin mind numbing decisions.

1 hour ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Was he booked for leaving the playing area or for the celebration,either way it was pathetic.

Must have been for running behind the goal. But if he'd have ran the direction he was heading after he scored it would have been towards the Dundee fans, .......   and he'd have got booked.

Only team I know of repeatedly punished, yet doing so less inflammatory than others, is Rangers.