Zelalem - where is he?

JWAC

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zelalem looked good when we first had him but there is little end product.  He flatters to deceive.  He is easily out-muscled, no idea where the goal is and shirks any 50/50.   He's the type of player who should just be given a ball of his own whilst the rest of the team get on with the game.

32 minutes ago, HG5 said:

You're right about Zelalem, although I thought Ball was our least proficient player on Saturday - there were a few balls he lost under pressure which might have bedn more heavily punished by a better team.

That said, he still did more good than bad - just think he might get a rude awakening against the Dims.

I tend to agree with you about Ball.  For me he looks like a centre half trying to play in midfield.   

3 hours ago, jintybear said:

It actually fills me with dread that he will be played in the game against them :(

It might actually be the perfect game for him.  Someone who can find space, has time on the ball, and can pass the ball in such a big game is a major asset.  Barry Ferguson bosses many an Old Firm game with his passing style and Zelalem isn't a million miles away from being that type of player.  Many will be running around like headless chickens and the game will simply pass them by. 

I don't rate him. Even at Championship level up here......

Its almost like he's after passing stats?

None seem to do anything positive, just completed??

Glad to see him out the team tbh.

(Hope he proves me wrong, comes on as a sub against the taigs and scores a hat trick)

:wink:

6 hours ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

None of our players can really be judged this year, they are playing in the Scottish championship. Although Hibs and Falkirk are decent, the rest of the league are shite. Holt looks good now, but I just don't see him being as effective next year, he is a 7/8 player in the championship and will probably be a 6, sometimes 7 in the SPL. Our system and manager may win us the league next year, but this current group of players won't.

MisterC casting for trout? if not I hope you don't miss the opticians appointment

7 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It might actually be the perfect game for him.  Someone who can find space, has time on the ball, and can pass the ball in such a big game is a major asset.  Barry Ferguson bosses many an Old Firm game with his passing style and Zelalem isn't a million miles away from being that type of player.  Many will be running around like headless chickens and the game will simply pass them by. 

Barry Ferguson wasn't a complete shitebag though. He didn't mind a tussle or the physical nature of an OF game.

I think Zelalem in an OF game would be an absolute nightmare. He might have all the ability in the world, but if Brown or Biton half him in the first ten minutes and the games becomes scrappy and physical then he becomes a passenger and we are as well playing with a man down.

As things stand it has to be Holt, Halliday and Ball.

In light of the recent passing of George Kennedy (Actor) I've been re-watching the Naked Gun films, and having a good laugh. Seriously funny shit. 

Then I come on here and see someone saying that Zelalem is better than Holt... yet another good chuckle :)

I personally don't rate him, and that's all I can add. 

Well, except for, "Everywhere I look, something always reminds me of Zelalem"...

image2.jpg

Don't think there is anything wrong with the kid I think hes a great player. The past couple of games he did play he certainly got in about it then, winning the ball back quite easily for his physique. I like him but I wouldn't start him against cellic. Dom Ball looked assured in the CDM position at the weekend and Holt was back to his best with Halliday doing both roles from the CAM position. I think if he did start he would weaken us defensively if anything.

13 hours ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

He is a better footballer than Holt by miles, but is lazy as fuck. He is probably chilling on his couch, eating pizza and trying to pronounce his own name.

Last time I looked Holt scored with a header, before that with his feet, can tackle, get beyond the strikers and loads of energy...all round good player..wtf has Zelalem ever contributed in comparison...Andy Murdoch more 2 offer

29 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I keep hearing all about this potential and ability, but where is it? We're playing in the second tier of Scottish football, he should be coasting this league if he's as technically gifted and has all this talent. I think he get's a hard time about being lazy tbh, he regularly works back and makes tackles. He's been poor for us and his short passing is nowhere near as good as made out, often loses possession IMO. 

I don't think he's great either that's why I said he "might" have all the talent in the world because I'm not convinced that he does and I don't see as much in him as others do.

Guest Lloyd72

He's only 18 so he may not be amazing right now, but he is still one of the most highly rated midfielders under 20 years old in the world and in a few years he will be a top player in a less physical league that will rely more on him using his incredible technical ability.

14 hours ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

None of our players can really be judged this year, they are playing in the Scottish championship. Although Hibs and Falkirk are decent, the rest of the league are shite. Holt looks good now, but I just don't see him being as effective next year, he is a 7/8 player in the championship and will probably be a 6, sometimes 7 in the SPL. Our system and manager may win us the league next year, but this current group of players won't.

you have to wonder why the manager who may win us the league next year playing a system that suits Holt perfectly would give the guy a new 4 and a half year deal in January then if he isnt good enough?

16 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Ive said since day 1 zelalem doesnt have the appetite to succeed at rangers. He gets rag dolled and shites himself from 50/50s.

He might have all the technique in the world (he doesnt- he is average) but he doesnt have the heart to wear the jersey.

Andy Murdoch is a lot better than Zelalem and heart of a lion.  Holt has been superb...no comparison in any way 2 Zelalem...not a fan I'm afraid as you can tell.