Scotland call up's

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an embarrassment that Wallace has been overlooked again and I feel really sorry for him especially when you look at some of those included....

That said from a personal point of view I don't care about Scotland anymore....ran by scum for scum who hate everything about us and what we represent! Fuck them! 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

McGinn and Tierney both in the squad. How McGinn gets there before Holt is beyond me.

Fuck Strachan.

James Forrest, Tony Watt, Tierney and McGinn are all laughable.

Still baffled at the majority of call ups, the two best Scottish strikers don't get a call up, even Cummings is better than Watt. Forrest, McGinn, Tierney over Mckay, Holt and Wallace are awful decisions as well.

Never care about them winning or losing now, but genuinely hope they get beat.

49 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wallace in a group he knows can do a job apparently, reason him and Shinnie never a called up.

Never care about them

Nicholas-Cage-Wide-Eyes-GIF.gif

I would probably feel inclined to agree with everyone on social media who say that Rangers players shouldn't be picked based on us plying our trade in Scotland's second tier if it were not for two glaring faults in that excuse.

1) John McGinn has been selected playing for a team who sit 3rd in said second tier.

2) This "Premiership Quality" facade was completely torn to pieces by us last weekend.

I don't mind anyway. Never cared for the international break. Rangers are the only team for me.

4 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

I would probably feel inclined to agree with everyone on social media who say that Rangers players shouldn't be picked based on us plying our trade in Scotland's second tier if it were not for two glaring faults in that excuse.

1) John McGinn has been selected playing for a team who sit 3rd in said second tier.

2) This "Premiership Quality" facade was completely torn to pieces by us last weekend.

I don't mind anyway. Never cared for the international break. Rangers are the only team for me.

Most of the player picked play in Englands second tier

I can only assume this Burke guy is in to get him bagzied. 

Otherwise it's double weird that there's no Holt or McKay. 

And Whittaker? Fuck sake. And Mulgrew? Wallace can't get in ahead of a guy that's barely played this season? And Liam Cooper?? 

It's a kick in the balls. 

Interesting to see Bain and McGregor going to Prague as keepers. Should be a good wee sojourn for Allan now that he's single again.

The standard up here has plummeted. Except Miller in days gone by, Wallace is the only guy is our squad who should truly be considered currently ready for the step up to full international football. Saying that, some of these guys in the squad I have never even heard of.

As far as I was aware, Kenny McLean is a referee, is he not? If that's the case, I applaud the move as it may actually see us nicking a result.

3 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Interesting to see Bain and McGregor going to Prague as keepers. Should be a good wee sojourn for Allan now that he's single again.

The standard up here has plummeted. Except Miller in days gone by, Wallace is the only guy is our squad who should truly be considered currently ready for the step up to full international football. Saying that, some of these guys in the squad I have never even heard of.

As far as I was aware, Kenny McLean is a referee, is he not? If that's the case, I applaud the move as it may actually see us nicking a result.

Well, that's the thing. I might have thought that if I hadn't seen some of the guys in the squad. 

But yeah, Wallace's omission is by far the strangest thing as far as we're concerned.

I'd like to hear what Strachan has to say about it. 

McKay in the U21s. He's only played one game at that level as sub, so fair enough.

I can only assume that the boy Tierney is some wunderkind - or because he's from the Isle of Man, we want to get him a full cap as soon as.*

*I know it needs to be competitive matches to rubber stamp allegiances these days but look how easy it was for another association to poach the traitors McGeady and McCarthy.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Well, that's the thing. I might have thought that if I hadn't seen some of the guys in the squad. 

But yeah, Wallace's omission is by far the strangest thing as far as we're concerned.

G Strachan says Lee Wallace & G Shinnie in group of players he didn't call up to #Scotland squad as he knows they can "do a job"

13 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yes, agreed. That's why I said I hadn't even heard of some of the others.

I know McLean and McGinn have been promoted from the 21s but still... 

Holt hasn't played internationally since 2013 when I am guessing he had to step aside due to his age. Not sure how many would be screaming for a call-up then when he was plying his trade at Hearts. It's all ifs, buts, maybes and conjecture, so definitely will be listening with interest to what Strachan has to say.

Someone already commented that Strachan has said Wallace is in the 'we already know what they can do' bracket. I think the harsh truth of the matter is that Lee has probably sacrificed his international career, as Gordon Strachan likes to have a kind of club mentality with the older players, hence the reason for guys like Hutton and Mulgrew (and usually Maloney) constantly being in the squad when not playing for clubs.

I guess it was his call then and it's Strachan's call now... Unfortunate as it may be.

If it were my call, I would have Wallace in.

11 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Strachan is frightened after the abuse hurled at him when he brought Lee in previously and that clown Black

6 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I've been sharpening my pitchfork with so much faux outrage this season that its starting to look like a rake!

Quite a lot of outrage on here after we drew with Alloa and now only a couple of weeks later the same players who were slaughtered now should be playing international football.