*** Pre-Fundraiser Notification

govanblue

21 hours ago, G13 said:

I'll do the Rangers tv again for Anniesland next season mate so chalk that up. 

5 minutes ago, Keeps01 said:

? £50 in for another home GB. Two homes with happy Bears.????

I hadn't even factored in the Rangers TV Subscriptions! :(

Oh no - that's yet another £200 we need to raise!

Luckily we seem to have half of it already though. (tu)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/03/2016 at 11:36 AM, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Well done on everything you have done mate, might be able to meet you for a beer before a game somtime instead of you running around like a madman!

Sounds good - I'll get you at the usual meeting point (either Albion Car Park, West Enclosure Disabled Access, Main Entrance, Exit 14 (John Greig Statue), The Megastore (hmm not so much these days :pipe: ) Argyle House Entrance, Collection Booth, Ticket Office or outside Broomloan House)

Oh how I miss the Swallow! :D

Ok, here's the Slimmed-Down Shopping List...

1 - Convince Rangers FC to renew their donation of 2 x West Enclosure Seats (Erskine Park)

2 - Convince Rangers Supporters Trust to renew their donation of 4 x West Enclosure Seats (Erskine Park)

3 - Renew 2 West Enclosure Seats (Erskine Park) - £600

4 - Buy 2 new West Enclosure Season Tickets (Erskine Glasgow) - £600

5 - Renew 4 Combat Stress Season Tickets - £1000

6 - 5 Annual Subscriptions to Rangers TV - £250

7 - 5 Match Programme Annual Subscriptions - £250

8 - 10 Rising Stars per Home League Match - approx £400 (exact number of games unknown)

9 - 6 Rangers Lotto Subscriptions - £300

10 - Erskine Wishing Wall Fund - £1000

11 - Erskine Wheelchair Users Disabled Hospitality Fund - £1000

12 - 1 Rangers Stadium Brick (RANGERSMEDIA | READY 2016/17) - £50

13 - That's just off the top of my head - I've probably forgotten some important Funding somewhere

Which comes to £5500! :(

We've maybe got about £1k in the bank, so that leaves a hell of a lot of money to try to raise - either that, or we have to scale down our ambitions. :(

That's why I'm going to ask members to make one Final Big Push to donate as much as they can - with the promise that it will be the only one all season (where have you heard that before?), and with the perhaps more realistic promise that your very generous donation will fund all of the above for a full Season. :21:

GB

Looking back never squared up a donation for couple of comps you got me. Apologies.

Looking to buy 10 x (fixed ?) lucky stars.

Can commit to the QoS game and confirm the ticket details to you prior to the k.o. or can start with the first home game of next season.

Let me know whichever suits.

21 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

GB

Looking back never squared up a donation for couple of comps you got me. Apologies.

Can commit to the QoS game and confirm the ticket details to you prior to the k.o. or can start with the first home game of next season.

Let me know whichever suits.

I'm such a nice guy, I didn't want to say. :P

28 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Do you mean as your contribution towards next season's Fund, or in addition to your contribution towards next season's Fund? :D

Edit: I think I get it now - you mean I've to use your £20 donation to buy some Rising Stars.  No problem. (tu)

Then we can look at next season's donation. :D

That is a big list G B, and if we can still do it all then fantastic.

For my point of view the main priority is the matchday tickets for Erskine and Combat Stress and would like to see that as our first priority. The least important to me is rising stars and lotto. The rest is a sliding scale in-between the above.

I think that is my fourpence worth now in a couple of days. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, govanblue said:

Do you mean as your contribution towards next season's Fund, or in addition to your contribution towards next season's Fund? :D

Edit: I think I get it now - you mean I've to use your £20 donation to buy some Rising Stars.  No problem. (tu)

Then we can look at next season's donation. :D

I'm looking to buy the tickets as contribution for tickets you got me. QOS or next season , no issues which just prefer this to PayPal and if I buy these Stars you can keep what you would've spent in them for another cause. Let me know by the QoS game.

And this will be in addition to me signing up for thefund next season ?

I am just ....... lost for words, and pretty sad and stunned that it is all over GB.

But have to say you have been a proper star through thick and thin, and your superhuman efforts have given us all (never mind the various veterans homes that fall under the Erskine banner) some great times with your excellent fund raising 

abilities, and the tremendous efforts and lengths you were prepared to go to to make sure that all the hard work was only for the benefit of the veterans of our armed forces.

Your selflessness is a gift mate, that many would be thankful of, and the Fund and all it's members will feel a sad loss at your departure from this worthy cause. You deserve all the respect in the world for what you have achieved.  

I will certainly try and put in as much as I can to help in this, your Final Rally.

So much for "lost for words" eh?.......... :(

:uk:

10 hours ago, Bears r us said:

That is a big list G B, and if we can still do it all then fantastic.

For my point of view the main priority is the matchday tickets for Erskine and Combat Stress and would like to see that as our first priority. The least important to me is rising stars and lotto. The rest is a sliding scale in-between the above.

I think that is my fourpence worth now in a couple of days. :thumbup:

I kind of agree with you in principle, but in practice it's not that easy (See G13, Keeps01 and SIMA above!)

fourpence indeed.  Keep these ideas coming, we'll reach our target in no time! (tu)

9 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm looking to buy the tickets as contribution for tickets you got me. QOS or next season , no issues which just prefer this to PayPal and if I buy these Stars you can keep what you would've spent in them for another cause. Let me know by the QoS game.

And this will be in addition to me signing up for thefund next season ?

Okay, I'm sure we could work that out. (tu)

How would you (or one of the bairns) like to draw the numbers for the opening draw next season?

ps - here are your numbers again...

6zc3sx.jpg

7 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

I am just ....... lost for words, and pretty sad and stunned that it is all over GB.

But have to say you have been a proper star through thick and thin, and your superhuman efforts have given us all (never mind the various veterans homes that fall under the Erskine banner) some great times with your excellent fund raising 

abilities, and the tremendous efforts and lengths you were prepared to go to to make sure that all the hard work was only for the benefit of the veterans of our armed forces.

Your selflessness is a gift mate, that many would be thankful of, and the Fund and all it's members will feel a sad loss at your departure from this worthy cause. You deserve all the respect in the world for what you have achieved.  

I will certainly try and put in as much as I can to help in this, your Final Rally.

So much for "lost for words" eh?.......... :(

aw shucks! :D

1 hour ago, govanblue said:

I kind of agree with you in principle, but in practice it's not that easy (See G13, Keeps01 and SIMA above!)

fourpence indeed.  Keep these ideas coming, we'll reach our target in no time! (tu)

I know it's not easy G B, and I know we won money which was great at the time. 

I just want your great work to continue and the matchday tickets for me is what the Erskine and Combat Stress will enjoy the most.

I hope we can still do everything again next season but prioritising is not something we should think is wrong.

That is my sixpence worth used now so will give you some peace for a day or two. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, govanblue said:

That's the problem with unsustainable growth - the inevitable cutbacks. :(

With my half full glasses on, we should call it re-direction of available funds G B, it sounds better than cutbacks. :)

I have no doubt the members of the fund will do all we can to make most things happen again next season. :541:

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

With my half full glasses on, we should call it re-direction of available funds G B, it sounds better than cutbacks. :)

I have no doubt the members of the fund will do all we can to make most things happen again next season. :541:

:clap:

Ever the diplomat Bud ....... and your last sentence gives me confidence that the members will get behind your sentiments. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

:clap:

Ever the diplomat Bud ....... and your last sentence gives me confidence that the members will get behind your sentiments. 

:thumbup:

Cheers mate, I think once G B starts the new donate thread we will get a good response.

Helping Erskine and Combat Stress by donating a few £'s is a good feeling for most of us. Also the beauty over the last few seasons is that some have deeper pockets than others, but no one cares, it has been done in the right spirit and one persons £5 is anothers £50. (tu) 

32 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Cheers mate, I think once G B starts the new donate thread we will get a good response.

Helping Erskine and Combat Stress by donating a few £'s is a good feeling for most of us. Also the beauty over the last few seasons is that some have deeper pockets than others, but no one cares, it has been done in the right spirit and one persons £5 is anothers £50. (tu) 

Exactly Bud, it is truly better to give than to receive, especially when it is for such a worthy cause for people who have continually, voluntarily put themselves in harm's way so that we can all be safe. 

As you say £5 or £50 it is all going into the pot to help them who helped us.

:7325:

1 minute ago, Bobby Hume said:

Exactly Bud, it is truly better to give than to receive, especially when it is for such a worthy cause for people who have continually, voluntarily put themselves in harm's way so that we can all be safe. 

As you say £5 or £50 it is all going into the pot to help them who helped us.

:7325:

(tu)   (tu)