Some chat on here the night..

The team lost in a pathetic manner last night, it's as simple as that ...... nobody is overreacting and saying we are a rubbish team, or that last night's performance defines our season.

The vast majority of  posters on all threads tonight have been accurate in their use of adjectives to express their disappointment in the manner we lost this game, and are colourful in their anger ...... rightly so, and anyone saying otherwise are at it.

MW has even said that the second half was probably the worst we have played all season, yet somehow it's not kosher when the the fans also agree with him ....... how the hell does that work out? 

Complacency and slackness are watchwords that MW has been using when the press gang ask him "is it all over as far as the league goes Mark?", and he has made it clear that we have won nothing yet, and that until we are actually winners, then slackness and complacency will not be allowed to affect our run in to the end of the season.

Well ..... what happened last night was what he said was not supposed to happen ........ the players are to blame for this, and have let the manager and the support down, so people are rightly pissed off due to the manner in which we lost after being in the lead by 2 clear goals, and coasting it ..... just because they have used unusual terms to do so, does not take away the disappointing performance that has led to these choice of words ..... it just highlights how horrible last night really was.

"Time to wake the fuck up as we have more important games in the pipeline before we can relax and get ready for the season to come" ...... is what I hope W&W will be telling the squad from now to the end of this campaign.

I am pretty sure that Kenny Miller and Barrie McKay are as sick as we all are right now, and who can blame them.

:7325:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, gogzy said:

away and shite,  we blew a 2 goal lead in a game where they hadn't had a look in the entire half.

We bottled this game, blew it, shat it, fucked it.  Pick one.  A total shambles of a half.  In the grand scheme it might end up meaning nothing, but people have a right to be pissed off after watching that cluster fuck of  agame.

We didn't shit it. We were lazy once we were 2-0 up. The players had it in their heads that we had won at half time despite warninings from the management team.

What just happened?

We bottled it? No!

We lost a game of football. There are no guarantees in life, certainly not in sport.

Does this mean there is a problem with the team? No!

The team went out to win the game and in the first 20 mins done more than enough to do just that.

Will this defeat be a valuable lesson? Yes!

Will we be a better team having lost such a lead? Yes!

This is not a blip. It is not a setback. It is just one more step, the same as all the other successful steps.

7 hours ago, gogzy said:

away and shite,  we blew a 2 goal lead in a game where they hadn't had a look in the entire half.

We bottled this game, blew it, shat it, fucked it.  Pick one.  A total shambles of a half.  In the grand scheme it might end up meaning nothing, but people have a right to be pissed off after watching that cluster fuck of  agame.

You can't bottle a game when there's no pressure to win it.  If we were 2 behind and a game in hand then yeah you could say we bottled it.

the players switched off  and that Falkirk guy could attempt that shot another 10 times and it's going over

15-20 mins I had us running up a cricket score by the end. Unfortunately the players seemed to have that same attitude. It's a blip, nothing more and we are still firmly in the driving seat. Better to have this happen now than the week before we play the bheasts or even in that game. Warbs and Weir will sort that out I have no worries about that. 

Typical response to any negative thing that happens, and has been for as long as I remember.

of course in the middle of that we have the demand to be entertained and watch stylish football, well sometimes that leads to mistakes in defence, sometimes we will lose games where we should be out of sight.

big picture, we are doing fantastically well this season, next season is a whole new test and we will be strengthened for it.

people just need to chill out a bit. If there was ever a time when a defeat was bearable, it is when we are miles ahead at the top.

50 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

Typical response to any negative thing that happens, and has been for as long as I remember.

of course in the middle of that we have the demand to be entertained and watch stylish football, well sometimes that leads to mistakes in defence, sometimes we will lose games where we should be out of sight.

big picture, we are doing fantastically well this season, next season is a whole new test and we will be strengthened for it.

people just need to chill out a bit. If there was ever a time when a defeat was bearable, it is when we are miles ahead at the top.

When we begin to accept defeats humbly like that, that's when we have the real problem. I'm glad everyone's angry I'm sure the staff and the team are as well.

5 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Total and utter overreaction by some; many of whom never go near a ground to watch us. 

We are having a fantastic season and one indifferent result does not justify the reaction of some.

Correct, we were total crap for four seasons, we probably played better football in the opening twenty minutes than anytime under previous 2012 on managers, chill pill required then look at the big picture.

Think a few people are getting confused. I'm not having a go at anyone giving the team stick, they have every right to do that - just merely expressing my dissastisfaction of the 'bottling' and 'Hibsing it' chat that is going about as I don't think it's justified after the season we are having. That is all.   

One of the best team achievements I've ever seen was Arsenal and their 'invincibles' season, because it is one of the hardest things to do. 

It is virtually impossible for even the greatest teams to go through a season unbeaten. We are a great club but we are not yet a great team. We are a team that is young and still learning. We also have a small squad which makes it hard to maintain physical and mental intensity for a whole season. If we were performing like that week in week out i'd be furious but we're 11 points clear and by a country mile the best team in the league. 

Our second half capitulation last night was appalling but it is more of an opportunity to learn lessons. As fans we obviously want Rangers to win every game and absolutely should be upset but players and management don't suddenly start being bad. I have no issue with the substitutions as we should have had more than enough to see out the game. For me one of the best things about supporting Rangers now is watching the team grow and learn, seeing young players developing and gaining confidence with MW's guidance. I can't understand some of the reaction. We should definitely criticise but in view of our league position and progress it seems over the top. I'm looking forward to seeing how the team react to that performance. 

I think tactically Houston(cunt) got it spot on he kept Hippolyte back till Tav was tiring put him on and he ran amok, he knew he would not have the same impact if he started against Tav, their subs changed the game our subs weakened us.

19 hours ago, gogzy said:

Which one do you think, though? Bottling it and shitting it isn't the same as fucking it or blowing it.

For me bottling it had nothing to do with it, but a bad attitude might have. Fucking it or blowing it, in other words. The second half was like watching a team that thought the game was in the bag, in a title race that's in the bag and subsequently strolled about a bit and lost it's sharpness, whilst playing against an outfit that desperately needed the points and were going to give it one last push. The commentator said it quite well, actually, when he said we sleepwalked into the defeat. 

We lost,  we took the eye off the ball and we paid for it.  Every time this season we have lost we have learned from it and been the better because of it.  Perhaps this defeat has come at the right time to galvanise the team.  We have a bigger challenge coming I a couple of weeks,  it might harden them.