*****The Official Rangers vs QOTS Thread*****

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Good to see that Ball and Halliday are getting slated for their part in the poor defending today... oh wait...

One thing is for certain, we MUST bring in a a good DM for next season as Ball and Halliday are simply not good enough in that position. Halliday dived in for QOTS third and the defence gets blamed, crazy.

Wilson's passing at times again was poor, although his chip in the build up to the third goal was just :drool: 

Let's hope we secure the title next weekend and then we can firmly focus on both cup matches.

Think people forget that it's not just Kiernan and Wilson who make up the defence.

Haliday, Ball and Law (Holt, shield and gedion are excempt since their more offensive) play a large part too. They need to control the midfield. 

Likewise with Tav and Wallace. Tav is poor because he's having trouble reading the game. Wallace is good though.

In saying that, Wilson did seem absent minded at times. Kiernan was better today but still slip ups. 

Not had a chance to properly view the goals yet. But the penalty was purely Wilsons fault for failing to keep pressure an make a move on the queen player. At which point Wallace had to tidy up. And when tidying up is required, mistakes happen. Like when Kiernan has to tidy up for tav.

Hilly86 likes this
  • Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RANGERS vs QUEEN OF THE SOUTH Saturday 26th March – 3pm at Ibrox Stadium Rangers TV Current league position Rangers 1st – 72 points QOTS 6th – 37 points Latest League for

Fucking joke. Lost 6 goals in 2 games. Ones on here talking about giving the nappy rippers a humpin should have a think! Need to defend much better to have a chance against they cunts!

Posted Images

Ball is never a midfielder and I'm not keen on him as a defender.  I wish Halliday was half as good as he thinks he is.     If he wasn't a bluenose he would get pelters.    Really sloppy today.  We scored some nice goals, should have scored another 4 but defensively we are like wet paper through the middle.  We need a big centre half and a decent defensive/holding midfielder.  Kyle Hutton would have been better for us in midfield than either Ball or Halliday.   The dark side will run through us in midfield and I am dreading that game.  

9 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Think people forget that it's not just Kiernan and Wilson who make up the defence.

Haliday, Ball and Law (Holt, shield and gedion are excempt since their more offensive) play a large part too. They need to control the midfield. 

Likewise with Tav and Wallace. Tav is poor because he's having trouble reading the game. Wallace is good though.

In saying that, Wilson did seem absent minded at times. Kiernan was better today but still slip ups. 

Not had a chance to properly view the goals yet. But the penalty was purely Wilsons fault for failing to keep pressure an make a move on the queen player. At which point Wallace had to tidy up. And when tidying up is required, mistakes happen. Like when Kiernan has to tidy up for tav.

Wallace didn't have to give the pk away.  Poor defending, and the defence went from bad to worse throughout, dreadful in truth. The tempo when Forrester scored and then for ten minutes after half-time is when we were at our best.  The magic hat needs to sort it out or we'll be in bother in the semi-final.

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Ball is never a midfielder and I'm not keen on him as a defender.  I wish Halliday was half as good as he thinks he is.     If he wasn't a bluenose he would get pelters.    Really sloppy today.  We scored some nice goals, should have scored another 4 but defensively we are like wet paper through the middle.  We need a big centre half and a decent defensive/holding midfielder.  Kyle Hutton would have been better for us in midfield than either Ball or Halliday.   The dark side will run through us in midfield and I am dreading that game.  

i sat next to you at falkirk last week and we both said that was the problem  the same applied today  halliday was dreadful first half thought he improved a bit when ball went off and he went to defensive mid  but we need to come up with something there for the celtic game  we were wide open in midfield all day

JCDBigBear likes this
1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Good to see that Ball and Halliday are getting slated for their part in the poor defending today... oh wait...

One thing is for certain, we MUST bring in a a good DM for next season as Ball and Halliday are simply not good enough in that position. Halliday dived in for QOTS third and the defence gets blamed, crazy.

Wilson's passing at times again was poor, although his chip in the build up to the third goal was just :drool:

Let's hope we secure the title next weekend and then we can firmly focus on both cup matches.

Whilst we need a stronger DM, our CD are our consistent weakness. You don't bring in a better DM to compensate for a weak central defence, he is brought in to compliment and enhance an already strong one.

1 hour ago, danger ranger said:

Again the most dangerous player for Rangers, Forrester was substituted and the Ball substitution really puzzled me, not really a fan of Ball, but looked ok and both players did not need replacing. Clark adds absolutely nothing to the team, why even bring him on at all. At 4-1 I thought well we can make changes, but in reality the changes have to be thought out a lot better and only players who can make a difference brought on, I don't think any of the subs. added the difference.

I'm just in from the game. I thought the Forrester substitution was fair enough he had given his all and looked knackered by that stage.

Wee edit. I've tried to support Law this season but today's effort finished it for me. Total shitebag, holding back from tackles he was favourite to win! 

The subs at 60 mins need to stop in the team are playing well. There was no need today for it. We were playing well and apart from big Wes losing the plot to help concede their 2nd it was the best football we played all game. Also when we get free kicks theres no need to rush to get the game started all of the time. Halliday tries to take a quick free kick with 2 mins left and then they go down the park and score. Lessons will be learned this season, need to buck up the ideas for the next few weeks

55 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Whilst we need a stronger DM, our CD are our consistent weakness. You don't bring in a better DM to compensate for a weak central defence, he is brought in to compliment and enhance an already strong one.

Agreed but if you midfielders can't or won't defend then your defense us in real bother.  Watch their last goal and look at the antics of Halliday and Shiels neither even put a leg out.  

Halliday seems to get an easy ride cause he's a fan but he gives the ball away far too easily, love his tenacity but midfield general he is not.

It was a funny game.  After they scored their second I don't think there was any confidence that the defence would be assured of holding out. Glad to get three points, but at least two of those goals were very much avoidable. I also agree with some of the points above, the midfield left gaps at times for the defence to handle. 

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

The smellies will have two holding midfielders to stifle our movement up front, simply put the defence will have to turn up if we are to have any chance in this game. Celtic may be shite but you can't turn in defensive performances like today or Falkirk and expect to come away with anything.

It's somewhat depressing to see that the over reactions on here never change......defensively we need to improve no doubt and that's as a team and we desperately need to add a natural DM. 

BUT......we have made massive strides forward this year and we will have ups and downs and everyone's entitled to their opinions but the critisim of individuals is getting a bit boring 

10 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

The smellies will have two holding midfielders to stifle our movement up front, simply put the defence will have to turn up if we are to have any chance in this game. Celtic may be shite but you can't turn in defensive performances like today or Falkirk and expect to come away with anything.

Ball will play in midfield against the Tims similar to his role against Dundee and i'm ok with that but at home to QoS I disagree him playing there.

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

I know! Baffling. I felt when forester and Holt were subbed our game fell apart. I would have taken Miller off before Forrester. I feel the subs nearly cost us the game today.

Normally the subs hit the ground running but that's two games in a row. Perhaps MW needs to rethink the 60 min sub philosophy. No sub really to blame but the change in chemistry can unbalance things sometimes.