Ibrox Stadium Redevelopment

If the club ever decided to redevelop the Stadium, what would fans like to see done?

Ie: completely new stands on the 3 sides? Building on top of what we have?

Obviously this is not a major priority, apart from the cosmetic work that is required currently, and which I believe has already started, but would like to hear fans thoughts on any major redevelopment, capacity increase going forward.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Bluebrows said:

Take away the screens and fill the corners with seats. Might be difficult with roof support etc. but if it could be done I would like to see it.

Yip, I never liked those screens, the quality was always very poor, especially the audio, you can here nothing from them, even in a half empty Stadium. They were also totally out of commission for a season orvtwo when they were newly installed, a dispute v the club and Sony. Anyway if for talking sake they were took away, how many seats could we get in their place? 4-5 k? Just guessing.

Not a tradtionalist I'm afraid. A brand new 65k seater stadium. Whilst ours is quality it's had it's day and must cost a fortune in it's upkeep.

We are entering a new era and big things lie ahead for us. If we want to be at the top table we need to think and act big. Time to lead the way and shed the constraints of what we know and feel safe with. I await the oligarch but won't hold my breath.

On a side note I guess it would be in our favour if Glasgow City Council sold our club land extremly cheap like they done for Celtic with the land dealss they made with them. Make no mistake, a Glasgow City Councillor literally chose to enquire with the leader of GCC if this was somehow tainted because it seemed like it

Maybe if GCC themselves paid for a lot of redevelopment around the Ibrox area like they done with cfc as well it would benefit us. 

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not a tradtionalist I'm afraid. A brand new 65k seater stadium. Whilst ours is quality it's had it's day and must cost a fortune in it's upkeep.

We are entering a new era and big things lie ahead for us. If we want to be at the top table we need to think and act big. Time to lead the way and shed the constraints of what we know and feel safe with. I await the oligarch but won't hold my breath.

Newco stadium?

Stand away from the Daniels.

A new stadium???? Lol. exactly what we don't need ibrox is a beauty she just needs brought back to life with some subtle upgrades only. I love the white beams at the top id like to see them brightened up and get rid of the signs on the stands except the sandy jardine 1. We don't need a stadium at all there's nothing on this country comes close to ours,pl I like the screens but the sound quality is poor. 

Would be funny if there was added vibration pads into the away corner seats and then every time the away team concedes start vibrating their seats really strongly to jolt them out of their seats, wouldn't happen though.

Or else if it was an OF game, and when we score add in a foam blaster into the away corner to blast their fans in foam but it owuldn't happen lol

6 minutes ago, MacStoner_96Bear_ST said:

On a side note I guess it would be in our favour if Glasgow City Council sold our club land extremly cheap like they done for Celtic with the land dealss they made with them. Make no mistake, a Glasgow City Councillor literally chose to enquire with the leader of GCC if this was somehow tainted because it seemed like it

Maybe if GCC themselves paid for a lot of redevelopment around the Ibrox area like they done with cfc as well it would benefit us. 

GCC don't own the spare land around Ibrox. Glasgow Housing Association do. Little chance of us buying it too. They plan to build houses on the plots soon.

The whole Ibrox area needs regeneration, but as you pointed out GCC are not interested.

I would simply ask for the upgrade of the outside of all the stands barring the Main.

After that it would purely be cosmetic work on the surrounding areas. Nothing could improve the look of our Main Stand, it's a thing of beauty. 

P.S I'd take that stupid fucking sign on the side of the Broomloan that says 'Family Stand' with a Broxi Bear cut out. 

We don't fill 50k every week as it is so doubt we need anything bigger. Look how shite the piggery looks with all those empty seats.

i would like some upgrades to concourse areas, toilets etc along with general repair work. Apart from that there is no need to spend.

A lot of thought and preparation went into that stadium; I wouldn't change it a bit. It needs to be maintained to a high standard, and to be fair that is happening. which is good. There is not one club in the world that has a facade that comes anywhere near matching the Main Stand.

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I would simply ask for the upgrade of the outside of all the stands barring the Main.

After that it would purely be cosmetic work on the surrounding areas. Nothing could improve the look of our Main Stand, it's a thing of beauty. 

P.S I'd take that stupid fucking sign on the side of the Broomloan that says 'Family Stand' with a Broxi Bear cut out. 

Me too. That cunt Whyte had that put up and it reminds me of him every time I see it. It looks cheap and tacky just like him. Gives me the boke.