Ibrox Stadium Redevelopment

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 1:06 PM, Courtyard Bear said:

One thing I wish they would do is change the camera platform to the Govan, we don't see nearly enough of one of the best Main Stands in football. 

Camera platform stays there as the sun can be straight in your eyes in the Govan. Camera needs the sun behind it.

17 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Calm doon!! It was a joke based on their history of starting bollocks stories about us

I'm perfectly calm mate.

Your right, tims do have the habit of making up pish rumours about us but unfortunately this isn't one.

3 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Camera platform stays there as the sun can be straight in your eyes in the Govan. Camera needs the sun behind it.

Good point Sir (tu) the amount of times I used to sit boiling in the Govan Front I should've realised this. 

59 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

The same applies what? 

You just keep on submising to suit your clouded judgement and I'll listen to my professionally trained mate who has spent extensive time in the place in an exclusive manner (tu)

So your mate has done a professional job and recommended the place is closed ?

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

The survey would be for the club, why would he say the place should be closed.  

If there is no hot running water the enviromental agency would serve the club with a notice, if the work isn't done they would close the stand. 

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Well he isn't an EHO so I doubt that he has that authority.

What he will have done though is recommend what works are needed to be carried out and im sure that would have been on the list.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

The survey would be for the club, why would he say the place should be closed.  

If there is no hot running water the enviromental agency would serve the club with a notice, if the work isn't done they would close the stand. 

Because as a professional you would close it on food safety if there's no water to wash, clean hands etc. regardless of whether it's an internal adviso/consultant or an external GCC report.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

Because as a professional you would close it on food safety if there's no water to wash, clean hands etc. regardless of whether it's an internal adviso/consultant or an external GCC report.

He's not environment, he's obviously carrying out a survey of works needing done. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He's not environment, he's obviously carrying out a survey of works needing done. 

I know that but as a professional you would still recommend that a kitchen is closed if there's no running hot water and an internal decision would be made. 

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Good point Sir (tu) the amount of times I used to sit boiling in the Govan Front I should've realised this. 

It's a cracking place to be when it's nice and warm and the sun is shining ? Doesnt happen as too many times a season unfortunately! 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I know that but as a professional you would still recommend that a kitchen is closed if there's no running hot water and an internal decision would be made. 

You would point out what would happen if the EH walked in and did an inspection but what your client did after that would up to them. 

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You would point out what would happen if the EH walked in and did an inspection but what your client did after that would up to them. 

Obviously too hard for people to comprehend.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You wouldn't even mention EH buy yes you would write your report and recommend it closes based on food safety legislation probably using a rag system and if the client ignored it then as an advisor/consultant it's really out your hands.

38 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

It's a cracking place to be when it's nice and warm and the sun is shining ? Doesnt happen as too many times a season unfortunately! 

This reminded me.......Was watching an 'Impossible Engineering' episode where they showed you the build of the new Dallas Cowboys stadium. They go to mind boggling lengths to make sure the climate is just right inside the stadium during summer and winter.

Climate control at Ibrox generally comes down to the choice of 1 pair of socks or 2.

The stadium is sitting on potentially a fairly lucrative income for years to come. I spoke with someone in the solar panel business who's company approached the previous regime about 18 months ago. Their proposal was for a feasibility study into fitting solar panels on the entire roof areas of all four stands. They had apparently already looked at it from an engineering point of view and determined that the roofs would be capable of bearing the additional weight involved. Next step was to install sunlight recorders at three points on each roof for twelve months to come up with the numbers. previous board knocked it back without even hearing them out at a meeting.

Mind you - this was the same week that the whole marketing department and the manager's secretary got sacked in order to cut costs. Club was even on stop with grass seed suppliers for not paying bills!