Ibrox Stadium Redevelopment

10 hours ago, harlands plater said:

The major redevelopment ship sailed years ago. All we can do now is bring the place back up to proper Rangers standards and keep it that way.

Agreed. 

Unless something major changes in Scottish football, I just don't see the point of any more more than a spruce up of the place. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

change absolutely fuck all, simply bring the old girl back to her tip top condition

aside from tarrier games and the odd european game, we never fill her, so extra seating is useless, and her current set up is one of the most atmospheric stadiums in the world, to change that would be bordering on criminal

shine her up real nice, look after her, caress her, treat her like the majestic beauty she is and she will continue to look after us for the next 100 odd years

talk of new stands and shit :anguish:

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

change absolutely fuck all, simply bring the old girl back to her tip top condition

aside from tarrier games and the odd european game, we never fill her, so extra seating is useless, and her current set up is one of the most atmospheric stadiums in the world, to change that would be bordering on criminal

shine her up real nice, look after her, caress her, treat her like the majestic beauty she is and she will continue to look after us for the next 100 odd years

talk of new stands and shit :anguish:

Agree with this, apart from the fact  we have already sold out a few times in the lower leagues and I've no doubt that we will sell out against the sheep and others if we're in the running for the title but 50k is fine for the majority of games.

I'd make the enclosure safe standing. The rest of the inside would just be a spruce up. In an ideal world I might look at modernising the outside somehow, with some kind of alterations to the outside of the 3 other stands to make them a bit prettier. They're showing their age a little bit in that regard. 

17 hours ago, superallysbears said:

3 massive steep wall like stands, right close in up to the pitch, with the fear factor rippin right out of them, taking the capacity up to 80 thousand, we could always have big screens hanging down too and mibey a underground car park if we could afford it lol?

80,000. ?

2 minds to post this. Spoke to a bear yesterday who knows mcmurdo. Mcmurdo said to him that there's a major problem with the main stand roof that it will fail a safety certificate. Says that it's going to cost millions to sort. Told the guy mcmurdo talks pish but he says he was adamant about it. Hope it's a lot of usual shite from him!!

I would love to see the area surrounding the stadium upgraded! It's a brilliant stadium that just needs a bit of an upgrade & a lick of paint but the surrounding area is a bit of a hole! 

Behind both the Copland & Broomloan could look much better & would love to see that grass area in front of the main stand converted into something..! While they're at it they could improve the football pitch/facilities on the other side of Edmiston Drive!

Obviously a lot of this would lie with GCC so I wouldn't hold my breath! 

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to increase the capacity to 80,000, folk are dreaming in some fantasy land if they think it would be feasible to increase capacity that much.

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

2 minds to post this. Spoke to a bear yesterday who knows mcmurdo. Mcmurdo said to him that there's a major problem with the main stand roof that it will fail a safety certificate. Says that it's going to cost millions to sort. Told the guy mcmurdo talks pish but he says he was adamant about it. Hope it's a lot of usual shite from him!!

(tu)

He's thoroughly earned being ignored.

19 hours ago, Bluebrows said:

Take away the screens and fill the corners with seats. Might be difficult with roof support etc. but if it could be done I would like to see it.

i was very disappointed, with the outcome when the corners were originally filled in.

i had thought that  the the corners would have been filled in all the way from front to back, 

i think by doing this now, it could add perhaps 2,500? in each corner, increasing total capacity to around 54/55k  which is ample capacity for the vast majority of games.

i am sure any construction problems could be overcome and would be a much more viable option than adding tiers elsewhere

Just now, glasgow argyle said:

i was very disappointed, with the outcome when the corners were originally filled in.

i had thought that  the the corners would have been filled in all the way from front to back, 

i think by doing this now, it could add perhaps 2,500? in each corner, increasing total capacity to around 54/55k  which is ample capacity for the vast majority of games.

i am sure any construction problems could be overcome and would be a much more viable option than adding tiers elsewhere

The previous plan that filled the corners with seats was 59k I'm sure.

4uw26xj.jpg4peddug.jpg

I don't think we need the extra seats now tbh. I think it's fine as it is atm.

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The previous plan that filled the corners with seats was 59k I'm sure.

4uw26xj.jpg4peddug.jpg

I don't think we need the extra seats now tbh. I think it's fine as it is atm.

yes that,s more to my liking, looks like the stadium is finished. 

and indeed if these plans make capacity 59k, then certainly something worth considering in future if finances permit.

certainly cheaper than other suggestions

the only downside i see is that some seats would have a restricted view

When the screens were installed I'm sure the club accountants done their sums with regards to expenditure of installing the screens or installing seats v income from seats or income from screen advertising etc. They must have thought the screens were a more profitable income stream.