Ibrox Stadium Redevelopment

4 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Agree with this, apart from the fact  we have already sold out a few times in the lower leagues and I've no doubt that we will sell out against the sheep and others if we're in the running for the title but 50k is fine for the majority of games.

Agree 1 million percent mate we will have the stadium filled out and let all the cretins know we are back loud and proud 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Govan, Copland and Broomloan stands were quality builds. Solid and made to last. As an example take a look at the red brick used in the façade of these stands, it has stood up to 40 years of Scottish weather and looks as good as the day it was built, no blemishes on the brick work and the pointing is spot on even after all these years. However, internal materials and cladding are jaded and need a bit of cosmetic work, but the structures themselves will last for many years. Do you ever feel any movement or vibration in these stands? Never, unlike the Piggery which bounces about like a yo yo. Ibrox is built on solid foundations.

1 hour ago, glasgow argyle said:

yes that,s more to my liking, looks like the stadium is finished. 

and indeed if these plans make capacity 59k, then certainly something worth considering in future if finances permit.

certainly cheaper than other suggestions

the only downside i see is that some seats would have a restricted view

That looks like the upper corners at old Trafford I don't think it would need the pillars to hold it up ?

Was in the thornton suite recently for a game, and while the whole experience was amazing and would recommend, me and my dad did notice some maintenance work needing done. Just small things like small damp patches in the ceiling tiles, paint being chipped off some of the doors. Still fantastic place though and would recommend the hospitality experience.

As a Copland Rd ST holder I want my gates back that were stolen by the Broomloan . . . . . bastards :D 

On a more serious note , I think she's fine as she is , though obviously looked after a bit better than she is now. Have to admit after seeing Inigo's pictures it looks quite smart though , and I'm guessing here , but I doubt that's feasible now , without considerable cost , time and hardship .

7 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

change absolutely fuck all, simply bring the old girl back to her tip top condition

aside from tarrier games and the odd european game, we never fill her, so extra seating is useless, and her current set up is one of the most atmospheric stadiums in the world, to change that would be bordering on criminal

shine her up real nice, look after her, caress her, treat her like the majestic beauty she is and she will continue to look after us for the next 100 odd years

talk of new stands and shit :anguish:

I agree theres nothing dramatic needing changed. We're all used to Ibrox cause we go all the time,but Ibrox is was and always will be one of the most unique and beautiful stadiums in the world, and one of the most intimidating to the opposition when we're in full voice.

The stadium needs some TLC but thats it, this talk of knocking down stands is a bit OTT, id like a KOP type stand but its not needed.

The catering areas could be improved so it doesnt feel like a big concrete cell when your down the stairs, even the hospitality areas could do with some sprucing up. The paving around the ground could be sorted, the top of the main stand could be cleaned. There could be some cosmetic improvements but nothing major.

Id rather we stayed in Ibrox the way it is until its crumbling to the ground that build some generic lego set of a stadium. Rangers fans understand and appreciate history and tradition so i dont see why folk would want us to move to a new stadium when the one we have is fantastic and famous around the world

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

72,2405 would be the ideal capacity for me.

Wed be as well going for a nice round 1 Million if were going to 720 thousand odd.

Would be a bit hard to see the game from the 14th tier tho

For me the yellow screens need replaced with blue ones.

As well as a new road/car park surface I'd love to see the site perimeter landscaped and a Founding Father's statue at the Broomloan side Club Deck tower. I'd also have the city bound side of Edmiston Drive pedestrianised and the Copland gates replaced to match the Broomloan ones.

Obviously a big clean up is needed inside and out which the club has already said is being prepared and will be done in stages starting with the hospitality suites in the summer. 

Capacity wise did Martin Bain not say a few years back that the Copland and Broomloan stands can be increased the same way the Sandy Jardine was? That would be a good start and affordable too.

Not asking for much am I? ?

The stadium's fine and big enough the way it is. It just needs a good clean and lick of paint as she's looking a bit run down. The discoloured corrugated plastic on the sides of the Broomloan and Copland could do with being replaced anaw.

4 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

When the screens were installed I'm sure the club accountants done their sums with regards to expenditure of installing the screens or installing seats v income from seats or income from screen advertising etc. They must have thought the screens were a more profitable income stream.

Beambacks were being done for the odd game, it was thought at the time that this would become a regular thing and would increase income.

Also think the hope was for them being used for concerts etc.

7 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Beambacks were being done for the odd game, it was thought at the time that this would become a regular thing and would increase income.

Also think the hope was for them being used for concerts etc.

That's right, feck I forgot about the beambacks, I remember the hearts 9 in a row celebrations when the players came back from tynecastle and the trophy was presented etc

Ibrox only needs a bit of TLC and the toilets gutted .it's a beautiful stadium and always makes you proud when walking towards it on match days.

And like a lot of fans  my family have bricks around the stadium which makes it a special place.