Ibrox Stadium Redevelopment

Remember being at the pre-season friendly against Chelsea a few seasons ago and a Chelsea fan and his misses were sitting next to me, she says to him 'its a lovely little stadium' i had to thank her for the compliment but advise less of the 'little' as it dwarfs Stamford bridge!

Amazing how defensive you can be of a building!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Gman36 said:

The stadium does concern me slightly - I would like to know the design life of the various stands. Some of the stands have had revamps and are getting relatively old. I think it's something we should be taking a long term view on, and possibly start saving towards the building of a new stadium. 

A new stadium? 

I was walking round it the other week there (non-match day) and was a bit depressed. It seriously needs some TLC before it gets worse. On it's day it's one of the worlds best stadiums but it needs washed, repainted, cleaned... you name it.

Long long overdue. It should be a priority now the new board are in, settled and the football side of things on the up and sorted.

43 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I was walking round it the other week there (non-match day) and was a bit depressed. It seriously needs some TLC before it gets worse. On it's day it's one of the worlds best stadiums but it needs washed, repainted, cleaned... you name it.

Long long overdue. It should be a priority now the new board are in, settled and the football side of things on the up and sorted.

I'm sure it's one of the things that they will be looking at, they have already replaced a lot of the seats, maybe take five years but still in my opinion the best proper football stadium in the UK

RM

1 minute ago, The Louden Tavern said:

I'm sure it's one of the things that they will be looking at, they have already replaced a lot of the seats, maybe take five years but still in my opinion the best proper football stadium in the UK

RM

Will the cosmetic stuff really take 5 years? that's depressing. Hopefully something get's started soon.

Safe standing in the Copland 

Away fans move to BF1 and the kids get the corner

Rangers murals in the concourses

The whole gaff to be giving a lick of paint and cleaned

Bogs done up.

Sports direct boarding to be used for a bonfire outside the main stand stand.

Sack the mug of a DJ who kills the atmosphere with penny arcade and the brutal megamix.

Sorted

14 minutes ago, mchammer said:

Don't know about refurbishments, excepts for more toilets maybe.

But, would like to see flag poles all around the roof stands with  flags for every

league title won.  Leaving room for future wins as well.

I think 50 odd flags on top of the stands would look a bit tacky tbh

10 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not 100% sure about this but I thought recently on a Reporting Scotland piece from outside Ibrox the camera seemed to zoom in briefly on the brickwork just beneath the "Rangers F.C." mosaic on top of the Main Stand, to show a couple of bricks that were crumbling slightly. I might be mistaken, but it was BBC Scotland after all.

On 24/03/2016 at 1:25 AM, The Louden Tavern said:

RM

Ibrox hasn't been maintained properly for years. It will take a fair bit of time and money to catch up on jobs needing done. There are signs of work being carried out though.

We will hopefully get things up to scratch over the summer break. Can't have European teams playing at Ibrox next season and thinking the old girl needs painted.(td)

I wouldn't change Ibrox it just needs a wee bit of TLC. The surrounding area though needs sorting out but GCC have always refused to sell us the land to improve privately yet they threw money at the east end for the commonwealth games. So much potential for the  waste ground around the stadium.

My personal choice would be to turn the pitch 90 degrees, convert the main stand into a behind the goal stand, build three new stands and expand the capacity to between 90,000 and 110,000. Having a retractable roof and even possibly a sliding pitch would be a good idea. Scotland doesn't even have one large indoor arena and Ibrox should be filling that void.

I see the AT&T stadium used by the Dallas Cowboys and think that we should have an arena on that scale. The number of events and the sheer scale would bring in collosal amounts of money.

On 25 March 2016 at 3:04 AM, West-Enclosure1982 said:

I wouldn't change Ibrox it just needs a wee bit of TLC. The surrounding area though needs sorting out but GCC have always refused to sell us the land to improve privately yet they threw money at the east end for the commonwealth games. So much potential for the  waste ground around the stadium.

GCC are skint and would now probably take our cash.

There's also City Deals cash but not sure if the club or anyone are tapping into it.

12 hours ago, Lego63 said:

I would love a retractable roof like the blue Jays stadium in Toronto.Games would never be off and the fans would be protected from the bad weather too.

We're getting one next week, have  you not heard? 

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 10:48 PM, Turnberry18 said:

A lot of thought and preparation went into that stadium; I wouldn't change it a bit. It needs to be maintained to a high standard, and to be fair that is happening. which is good. There is not one club in the world that has a facade that comes anywhere near matching the Main Stand.

Absolutely mate.pure fuckin history