Ibrox Stadium Redevelopment

With an unlimited budget id ideally like to see every stand but the BSMS knocked down with new ones being built with a good mix of modernism and tradition. But realistically just a new coat of paint and a few repairs and getting the awful screens removed.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/03/2016 at 4:49 PM, NornIronBear said:

This is the reason Ibrox is great the way it is.

As I've said previous it just needs tlc and some minor upgrades.

2016-03-29 16.44.41.png

Reeks is not quite the right word... Oozes is. Bolder is wrong as well..should be something like "Far better than many of the newer arenas".

• 4 weeks later...

My mate has just recently done a survey of Ibrox and he says the place is in a state.

Says the place needs totally renewed and that the family stand doesn't have any running hot water at all which is a shambles when you think food etc is prepared there.

1 minute ago, rfc_watp said:

My mate has just recently done a survey of Ibrox and he says the place is in a state.

Says the place needs totally renewed and that the family stand doesn't have any running hot water at all which is a shambles when you think food etc is prepared there.

Not the first time I've heard this sadly. 

2 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

Most of it needs badly fixed imo

16 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

Survey as in a professional survey ? 

The food outlets would be closed by the EHO if that was the case so sorry, I'll put this water stuff down as an Internet rumour similar to the asbestos crap.

13 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The food outlets would be closed by the EHO if that was the case so sorry, I'll put this water stuff down as an Internet rumour similar to the asbestos crap.

I can confirm there is no hot water in the Broomloan.

12 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Yes as in professional. 

Tell you what, next time your in the family stand, try washing your hands with hot water at the bog (tu)

At the end of the day it costs serious money to keep old stadia and other buildings the size of ours maintained. There is no way around that. Is it in the boards mind to do something about it, I don't know, but something needs done and it's not about throwing away good money after bad. They need a survey led by reputable Architects to come up with options from a cost benefit analysis for each case. Until then it's sticking plasters to keep it ticking over and compliant.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

The same applies, the food outlets would be shut down ?

Maybe because the food outlets have tea urns that hold litres of boiling water they are still classed as having hot water for cleaning ect. Just a thought as to how they might be getting round it.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The same applies, the food outlets would be shut down ?

The same applies what? 

You just keep on submising to suit your clouded judgement and I'll listen to my professionally trained mate who has spent extensive time in the place in an exclusive manner (tu)

9 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

Maybe because the food outlets have tea urns that hold litres of boiling water they are still classed as having hot water for cleaning ect. Just a thought as to how they might be getting round it.

The list of mandatory requirements are as long as your arm, but you do need hot and cold running water, along with soap in public toilets to comply with legislation. It is also needed in particular for those who handle food. If you don't, you are closed down until it is sorted to the satisfaction of the Inspector.

If we are not providing this, then we are in breach, so I will assume we either comply, or we haven't had a visitor from environmental health in a while. An inspection should be carried out at least once every three years and if serious deficiencies found it can revert to every six months, after noncompliance has been corrected during closure!

4 minutes ago, The Famous Rangers said:

Why is it on this website when you say an unpopular opinion you become a tim?

Because they haven't joined the RM Erskine Fund first.  Only a tim would not donate to such a good cause. (tu)

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/293209-rm-erskine-fund-season-201617-official-thread-donate-now/

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

How do you know, you only joined a few days ago just around the time a few taigs were outed?  

He's a sad Dundee hivs fan in all probability, they are  verrrry bitter the now, but a tim nonetheless