Negri, Journey Not Over Till We Win 55

Marco Negri insists Rangers’ lower league “journey” will not be completed until the clinch the Ladbrokes Premiership title once again.

Rangers secured promotion to the top tier on Tuesday with a 1-0 win over Dumbarton, completing their return to the top flight after a four-year absence.

The early wrapping up of the title allows Mark Warburton and his side the chance to concentrate on next Sunday’s Scottish Cup semi-final clash with Celtic.

Former striker Negri, while conceding Celtic are favourites for the tie, believes Rangers will be buoyed by their recent title win.

However, he dismissed any notion of promotion being the finishing line for Rangers, saying the fans will demand the team aim to get back to the very top of Scottish football.

He told the Scottish Sun: “Rangers are full of confidence and they can’t wait for the match against Celtic. Of course Celtic are the favourites, but anything can happen in a one-off game.

“Everyone is saying the journey is over for Rangers after waiting four years to get back to the top, but I say the journey will only be over when they win the league again.

“Those fans won’t be satisfied just with promotion. They will want their 55th title.”

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/marco-negri-rangers-journey-will-be-over-when-they-win-title-1-4094663#ixzz45Fv976lG 
Follow us: @TheScotsman on Twitter | TheScotsmanNewspaper on Facebook

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

So you opinion of him negates the whole article?

Pretty much don't care what he has to say tbh. Ally (as a manager) robbed us for less time and for a lower salary, yet gets a harder time than Negri does. Why is that?

Negri did a Bobo on us but no one seems to remember.

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

If you listed the Top 10 mistakes from that season I doubt Negri would even figure.

I wasn't meaning Negri? Well in a way a wee bit but wasn't meaning he was one of the main reasons 

I remember Durie missing sitters in stinkers at Pittodrie and Perth and no trying a leg 

8 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I agree.

Makes me a bit queasy the love in some fans have with him on social media, I think he would still be hiding if he didn't have that book to promote.

Said that on his Facebook page when he released it and got hounded for it

Has anyone read his book? If so can you provide a brief summary as to what the script was with him? 

I read Amoruso's autobiography and he said that Negri got the eye injury, then pneumonia, then some kind of infection in his leg. I think then there was some kind of psychological issues as well, perhaps directly related to his maladies. 

Something that really sticks in my mind was Negri's substitute appearance against Parma in the champs league qualifier. After being in the wilderness he was thrown on for the last ten mins. I really wanted him to score, would have made a great story. 

57 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

A lot of people cost us ten mate - mostly Smith 

Naw .Our main Centre forward who raced to the top of the goal scorers downed tools .

Been at nearly all the games this season ,he WAS the biggest factor we never got 10

In last few years ,all of a sudden ,he is our greatest fan ? .Not buying his shite

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Naw .Our main Centre forward who raced to the top of the goal scorers downed tools .

Been at nearly all the games this season ,he WAS the biggest factor we never got 10

In last few years ,all of a sudden ,he is our greatest fan ? .Not buying his shite

We are more than a 1 man team, always have been. Gascoigne was a big factor but not the only one, either. Nergi's injury, Gascoigne being sold, Smith announcing he was leaving at the end of the season, Smith being too loyal to the players who were past it, Smith's poor tactics, Amoruso being stupid at Pittodrie ... you name it ... absolute clusterfuck of a season with lots of factors.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We are more than a 1 man team, always have been. Gascoigne was a big factor but not the only one, either. Nergi's injury, Gascoigne being sold, Smith announcing he was leaving at the end of the season, Smith being too loyal to the players who were past it, Smith's poor tactics, Amoruso being stupid at Pittodrie ... you name it ... absolute clusterfuck of a season with lots of factors.

Like every season there are lots of factors good and bad mate . That season ,failure was down to him . Plain and simple IMO

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Big amo at pitodrie was shocking 

am sure we dropped 5 points at fir park from winning positions aswell 

Just now, Vwbear said:

I agree there just think if we got an extra 3 games out of negri it could have goten us over the line? 

Wouldn't have hurt.

Our defence not being able to hold out at the end at Parkhead too when Stubbs scored an equaliser was one of the sorest feelings I've had coming away from a game of football in my life. In fact only CSKA at Ibrox and Dundee United in the 94 final felt the same.

35 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Wouldn't have hurt.

Our defence not being able to hold out at the end at Parkhead too when Stubbs scored an equaliser was one of the sorest feelings I've had coming away from a game of football in my life. In fact only CSKA at Ibrox and Dundee United in the 94 final felt the same.

Hesselhink last minute beats them 3 hands down for me