Negri, Journey Not Over Till We Win 55

17 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

Hesselhink last minute beats them 3 hands down for me 

Yeah that was sore but we had another game against them that weekend we should have won and going for ten made it more special 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah that was sore but we had another game against them that weekend we should have won and going for ten made it more special 

Fair point 

i do remember thinking when hesslehink scored that goal it would boost there confidence ten fold and it did 

the 10 in a row season we kept having horrific matches but we still took it to the last day and should have won the league that year 

1 hour ago, FSM said:

Pretty much don't care what he has to say tbh. Ally (as a manager) robbed us for less time and for a lower salary, yet gets a harder time than Negri does. Why is that?

Negri did a Bobo on us but no one seems to remember.

Boo Hoo, if you want to Bubble about Ally go to the many threads on him.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I wasn't meaning Negri? Well in a way a wee bit but wasn't meaning he was one of the main reasons 

I remember Durie missing sitters in stinkers at Pittodrie and Perth and no trying a leg 

I wasn't replying to, hit the wrong quote buton, my bad.

1 hour ago, Gman36 said:

Has anyone read his book? If so can you provide a brief summary as to what the script was with him? 

I read Amoruso's autobiography and he said that Negri got the eye injury, then pneumonia, then some kind of infection in his leg. I think then there was some kind of psychological issues as well, perhaps directly related to his maladies. 

Something that really sticks in my mind was Negri's substitute appearance against Parma in the champs league qualifier. After being in the wilderness he was thrown on for the last ten mins. I really wanted him to score, would have made a great story. 

Heard he had some kind of viral infection but yes I agree there may have been psyche issues as well.  Met him twice and he really seemed unomfortable around people.

Still after all the vitriol I still agree with the comments about #55, which was the original point.  But hey as on poster says, the haters hate :mutley:

He's entirely right in what he's saying.

I, like many others however, find his sudden resurgence in popularity and newfound love of our club rather unpalatable. He did down tools and steal a wage from us for years, and even before that looked entirely disinterested and miserable to be at Ibrox. Can't help but feel he's suddenly enjoying the jollies that fans and others are subsidising him on during the various trips around the world he's going on to speak about us. 

I do blame him in part for 10IAR too.