*****The Official Rangers v Them thread*****

VallancesDog

Wes 

Tav Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Ball

Holt Halliday 

Waghorn Miller McKay 

3-1 Rangers.

I think we will go out all guns blazing as we usually do, I don't think they will expect us to be like this and I don't think they will be able to cope in the first 30 minutes. There's not many teams that would of thrown so many players forward against Celtic in the last few years (minus Europe and look how that's gone down). Early goals from Waghorn and Miller will have them rocking and I think they will be lucky to go in at half time only 2 down. I've watched Celtic twice this season and they have been absolutely dug shit, they got skelped off the sheep and lucky not to get beat away to Hamilton earlier this season. Anytime the sheep/Hamilton put there defence under any kind of pressure they panicked. 

I think a couple of players that we have 'doubts' over and going to step right up to the mark.

lets fucking do this! 

1 minute ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Wes 

Tav Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Ball

Holt Halliday 

Waghorn Miller McKay 

3-1 Rangers.

I think we will go out all guns blazing as we usually do, I don't think they will expect us to be like this and I don't think they will be able to cope in the first 30 minutes. There's not many teams that would of thrown so many players forward against Celtic in the last few years (minus Europe and look how that's gone down). Early goals from Waghorn and Miller will have them rocking and I think they will be lucky to go in at half time only 2 down. I've watched Celtic twice this season and they have been absolutely dug shit, they got skelped off the sheep and lucky not to get beat away to Hamilton earlier this season. Anytime the sheep/Hamilton put there defence under any kind of pressure they panicked. 

I think a couple of players that we have 'doubts' over and going to step right up to the mark.

lets fucking do this! 

Full of optimism loyal :pipe: 

16 minutes ago, Kurto_RFC said:

Dont want Clark anywhere near this mob on sunday, doesnt contribute anything when he comes on as a sub in the dying minutes against tired legs forget letting him start a game!

Hoping MW has a plan with Waghorn perhaps saying hes not fit and springing a surprise on match day someone physical who can bully their defenders would be perfect for the OF and score a controversial penalty in the last minute to rub some salt in their wounds when we win 2-0 :pipe:

Every time Clark comes on I am filled with fear. My heart sinks to my toes. BUT he has scored a couple of big goals for us this season - the winner against Hibs and the winner against Kilmarnock, so maybe if he does play he might pull something off!  I'm forever an optimist! :D

2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Every time Clark comes on I am filled with fear. My heart sinks to my toes. BUT he has scored a couple of big goals for us this season - the winner against Hibs and the winner against Kilmarnock, so maybe if he does play he might pull something off!  I'm forever an optimist! :D

Loving the optimism but I just cant get hyped up for Clark, as a sub he kills off our game usually! I do admit hes scored some big goals but his return as a striker for us is absolutely honkin. However - Miller can do the business on Sunday ... just concerned who plays with him and Mckay!

7 hours ago, jintybear said:

I know! My first OF live! Can't wait excited but nervous at the same time! 

My first Old Firm was also at Hampden in a semi final. Sadly we were on the wrong end of a 3-1 score line. But my record after that is pretty impressive.

Make sure you're in about 10 mins before kick off, that's when the buzz properly starts and everything starts to hit you

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

My first Old Firm was also at Hampden in a semi final. Sadly we were on the wrong end of a 3-1 score line. But my record after that is pretty impressive.

Make sure you're in about 10 mins before kick off, that's when the buzz properly starts and everything starts to hit you

Hopefully it'll be the same score line only in our favour! I'm buzzing! Sunday can't come fast enough 

5 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Nothing will prepare you for your first Old Firm game live, it's an unreal experience. Hopefully it's a win like my first one. :D

My first actually ended up being last year's game. Despite the result, I had a fucking superb time. What an atmosphere. Also nothing beats taking in a Rangers game alongside my dad, regardless of who we're playing.

Shame we have four regulars unavailable. I'd be 100% sure we'd win it with a full squad. Just wish I was playing so I could accidently kick Griffiths in the middle of a calf muscle as hard as possible whilst trying to get the ball to even things up a bit. Why did John Brown need to grow old :)

Not feeling as certain today after hearing about Forrester but I suppose it doesn't change the fact that they're shite. Catching us on the break or set pieces is all they've got because they look slow and one dimensional whenever I've seen them.

Our movement up front will cause them all sorts of problems. Got a feeling they will fail to pick up wee Holt at some point and he'll score. Hopefully we're as clinical as fuck on the day as can't see us not winning if we take most of our chances.

7 hours ago, jintybear said:

Right enough. He actually looks difficult to mark because of his movement. Think its his timing that lets him down because he never ends up getting to the ball. I was fucking absolutely certain about this until Forrester got ruled out now my heads fried trying to choose a replacement. The rest seem to be all sort of squad types instead of main players. Good thing those is Warburton drills them so well that who ever he chooses to go with should be able to slot in without upsetting our rhythm. Shame we can't use O'Halloran as think he would have done well.

Oh aye, and enjoy your big day :)

9 hours ago, esquire8 said:

With Forrester being out now I would start with Shiels on the wing. Not it the pace but can deliver a through ball or two that can unlock them. Have McKay as a false 9 to drop off and run at the defence and Miller on the other wing. Apart from that the same team as Sunday.

If anything saves Sheils replacing Forrester it's his ability to make an accurate through pass.

He's not too shabby at striking the ball either, so as he's the favoured sub, I'd expect him to start the game.

--------------------------------------------Wes---------------------------------------------

Ball---------------Kiernan----------------------------Wilson-----------------Wallace

----------------------------Halliday---------------Shiels-----------------------------

Tav---------------------------------------Holt-------------------------------------Mackay

------------------------------------------Miller-----------------------------------------------

Perhaps we could shake things up a bit and let Tav take Harry's position. It is certainly an option!