*****The Official Rangers v Them thread*****

VallancesDog

6 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

That's a horrid idea. Why move one of our best players this season?

Tav has practically played as a right midfielder on many occasions already this season. In addition to this he will instinctively track back and help Ball if need be. I'm not expecting this to happen I just believe that Tav is more than capable, and probably our next best backup, as an effective right midfielder/winger as his scoring exploits highlight.

The outcome of this match is entirely irrelevant to our team and our prospects for next season.  Fate seems to have been conspiring against us recently with two of our most potent first choices now out injured and with another two cup tied we're missing more than a third of the team.

Add to that the fact that we all know the manager has already targeted a clutch of new recruits for next season who we can expect will strengthen the team if they can't beat us now at this severely weakened moment it's start filling your pants time for them as far as next season goes.

I fully expect we will hand out some real thrashings next season just as we did this season and the Dundee match was a fine indicator of that.  A team they couldn't put a goal past in 180 minutes we walked all over and took 4 from.  No matter what happens this weekend it's been a better season than any of us expected at the outset and delivered basically everything we realistically hoped for.

I for one would have grasped with both hands the prospect of a challenge cup win to complete our trophy list plus runaway champions in the league.  The future is bright no matter what happens and if things took a turn against us this weekend naturally we will all be disappointed but it's a mere blip on the landscape in terms of the bigger picture.  

Foderingham

Sinnamon Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Halliday Ball Holt

Tavernier Miller McKay

The reason for Sinnamon is he's had a bit of experience on loan and seems to be rated as a decent player, an attacking full back. And I know Warburton trusts his young players. I think tav could make a big difference closer to there goal.

We are a little lightweight due to injuries. The bench won't be it's strongest. However there is no reason why we can't get a win. Play like we did against Dundee and we will be fine. I am predicting sheils will replace forrester. We do tend to play better when the media label us underdogs. Dundee and Kilmarnock games are examples of that. 

I want to see the panic on their faces if we get a free kick just outside the box early on and Tavernier squares up to do his stuff.  And I think that may actually be a likely scenario.  They're not used to facing a team with this kind of speed and movement which will make their tackles all the more clumsy and panicky in the fervent early atmosphere. 

35 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The outcome of this match is entirely irrelevant to our team and our prospects for next season.  Fate seems to have been conspiring against us recently with two of our most potent first choices now out injured and with another two cup tied we're missing more than a third of the team.

Add to that the fact that we all know the manager has already targeted a clutch of new recruits for next season who we can expect will strengthen the team if they can't beat us now at this severely weakened moment it's start filling your pants time for them as far as next season goes.

I fully expect we will hand out some real thrashings next season just as we did this season and the Dundee match was a fine indicator of that.  A team they couldn't put a goal past in 180 minutes we walked all over and took 4 from.  No matter what happens this weekend it's been a better season than any of us expected at the outset and delivered basically everything we realistically hoped for.

I for one would have grasped with both hands the prospect of a challenge cup win to complete our trophy list plus runaway champions in the league.  The future is bright no matter what happens and if things took a turn against us this weekend naturally we will all be disappointed but it's a mere blip on the landscape in terms of the bigger picture.  

This 100%. We have already done what we set out to do. It would be great to make it a treble but not a disaster if we lose on Sunday. The important thing is to be ready next season for a real effort for 55.

People need to get it out their head that the tims are this bunch of hardened veterans who can only be beat if you're 'up for a fight'

Earlier this season their manager was out saying they got knocked out of the CL qualifiers because the players got scared in Malmo.

They can and will be beat by playing a good game of football

34 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

People need to get it out their head that the tims are this bunch of hardened veterans who can only be beat if you're 'up for a fight'

Earlier this season their manager was out saying they got knocked out of the CL qualifiers because the players got scared in Malmo.

They can and will be beat by playing a good game of football

If they were scared in Malmo, the shit will be running down their legs come Sunday 

that is true

The starting 11 will be:

Wes, Tav, Kiernan, Wilson, Wallace, Ball, Halliday, Holt, Law, Mckay, Miller

What is unsure is the set up:

4-3-3 with either:

Holt Ball Halliday or

Law Ball Halliday

Or match up 2-3-1 with:

Ball Halliday 

Holt  Law Mckay

Miller

Personally I think it will be 4-3-3 with:

Holt Ball Halliday

Law Miller Mckay

And think Law will be tasked with tracking Tierney to ease pressure on Tav. 

4 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

The starting 11 will be:

Wes, Tav, Kiernan, Wilson, Wallace, Ball, Halliday, Holt, Law, Mckay, Miller

What is unsure is the set up:

4-3-3 with either:

Holt Ball Halliday or

Law Ball Halliday

Or match up 2-3-1 with:

Ball Halliday 

Holt  Law Mckay

Miller

Personally I think it will be 4-3-3 with:

Holt Ball Halliday

Law Miller Mckay

And think Law will be tasked with tracking Tierney to ease pressure on Tav. 

Do you mean Law will run just the right distance away in order not to be near enough to make a tackle?

Impossible to predict, havnt seen anything of them, apart from the molde game where they couldn't cope with a fast attacking team who move the around ball with pace, I could see our mid players being too fast for them.

I just hope none of our players shrink and they give a good account of themselves, As the gaffer says have no regrets and leave nothing on the pitch.

27 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

If we didn't have players missing through being cup tied or injured I genuinely think we would beat them quite comfortably 

I think so too. O'halloran pace, Forresters guile and Waggy's strength would terrorise that defence.