*****The Official Rangers v Them thread*****

VallancesDog

8 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Do you mean Law will run just the right distance away in order not to be near enough to make a tackle?

Yawn. Law is a better player than people give him credit for. 

He will do a good job plus going forward has bit of trickery about him. 

I pissed off that most people have Celtic down as automatic winners before kickoff (even some on here). On the basis that they play in the super highly rated Scottish Premiership and talk themselves up, rating their own players as £10mil value etc.

The last time Celtic played against a fast passing, attack minded, free flowing team like this current Rangers squad was in Europe.

How did they cope there?

3 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I pissed off that most people have Celtic down as automatic winners before kickoff (even some on here). On the basis that they play in the super highly rated Scottish Premiership and talk themselves up, rating their own players as £10mil value etc.

The last time Celtic played against a fast passing, attack minded, free flowing team like this current Rangers squad was in Europe.

How did they cope there?

Just always back Rangers and you can't go wrong, I would back us against Barca with a full team available.

19 minutes ago, LeBlond said:

Picked up 2 tickets today at face value, cannot believe my luck!

Absolutely buzzing sitting at work with only one thing on my mind.  Don't think I will be sleeping tonight

Fair play, pal.

You didn't get them off Lynda anyway

12 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yawn. Law is a better player than people give him credit for. 

He will do a good job plus going forward has bit of trickery about him. 

Totally agree. I think when he's come on this season he's looked a lot better player and I think that's because the team plays with so much confidence it brings the best out in everyone

14 hours ago, LeBlond said:

Picked up 2 tickets today at face value, cannot believe my luck!

Absolutely buzzing sitting at work with only one thing on my mind.  Don't think I will be sleeping tonight

drive through and pick me up with the other one will you? will wait at bottom of Kingsway at circle haha wishful thinking

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 7:10 PM, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

The starting 11 will be:

Wes, Tav, Kiernan, Wilson, Wallace, Ball, Halliday, Holt, Law, Mckay, Miller

What is unsure is the set up:

4-3-3 with either:

Holt Ball Halliday or

Law Ball Halliday

Or match up 2-3-1 with:

Ball Halliday 

Holt  Law Mckay

Miller

Personally I think it will be 4-3-3 with:

Holt Ball Halliday

Law Miller Mckay

And think Law will be tasked with tracking Tierney to ease pressure on Tav. 

our system wont change. warburton said In his press conference  .

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 5:52 PM, OceanRain said:

This, in my opinion, is the ace up our sleeve.

The pressure on Cel*ic will be incredible. They've had a torrid season. Humped out of Europe, humbled in the league cup, reliant on Aberdeen to choke after every near-costly error they've made in the league. Worse still, for Deila, is the fact that the Tim support are acutely aware of this themselves and have been far from shy in their criticism of him as manager. This semi-final could see a Timplosion of truly epic proportions.

The great unwashed have surpassed themselves for this fixture. Last year came the full page notice in a broadsheet proclaiming that Rangers were dead and as a result they would no longer recognise this meeting as being against their most bitter rivals. And yet Cel*ic managed to sell out their allocation for this clash faster than any other match they've played in the last three seasons. That includes ties against AC Milan, Inter Milan, Ajax and Barcelona. Will the cry of, "You're only here to see the Rangers" ever have been more painfully obvious?

For Warburton, the pressure has come entirely from the mhedia. A cack-handed attempt to brand him as not being up to the job, deluded at the size of the task at hand and, even more bizarrely, the suggestion that we - the Rangers support - will turn on him should things not go our way this weekend. Yet, Warburton has not only completely transformed the style and standard of football at Ibrox, he's helped us rediscover our belief, confidence and pride as a support. He has absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain from Sunday's match.

A league currently separates us but the repercussions of defeat for the two teams are worlds apart.

Cel*ic are there for the taking. We know it, the Tims know it, their players know it, our players know it, Deila knows it.

And Mark Warburton knows it better than anyone.

Spot on. Only bad thing is, if we do pull it off, Deila will most likely be sacked:disappointment:

6 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Swap shiels for Law and that's your team.?

This is the line-up I expect, law isn't in warburtons plans right now so this is what I'd expect.

when both law and shiels play as well as they can I'd say law is the better attacking player. I don't pretend to know everything that goes on at the club so if shiels is above law in the pecking order then there must be good reason for it.

just as long as Clark doesn't start I'll be ok with shiels, law or Burt.