*****The Official Rangers v Them thread*****

VallancesDog

2 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Will this be live for UK bears through Rangers TV, was going to just watch it on my laptop as i don't have sky but would happily pay for it and watch it on tv through my Xbox.

I'm just doing a now tv purchase for a day, don't trust vpn ghosting tbh.

On 15 April 2016 at 5:52 PM, OceanRain said:

This, in my opinion, is the ace up our sleeve.

The pressure on Cel*ic will be incredible. They've had a torrid season. Humped out of Europe, humbled in the league cup, reliant on Aberdeen to choke after every near-costly error they've made in the league. Worse still, for Deila, is the fact that the Tim support are acutely aware of this themselves and have been far from shy in their criticism of him as manager. This semi-final could see a Timplosion of truly epic proportions.

The great unwashed have surpassed themselves for this fixture. Last year came the full page notice in a broadsheet proclaiming that Rangers were dead and as a result they would no longer recognise this meeting as being against their most bitter rivals. And yet Cel*ic managed to sell out their allocation for this clash faster than any other match they've played in the last three seasons. That includes ties against AC Milan, Inter Milan, Ajax and Barcelona. Will the cry of, "You're only here to see the Rangers" ever have been more painfully obvious?

For Warburton, the pressure has come entirely from the mhedia. A cack-handed attempt to brand him as not being up to the job, deluded at the size of the task at hand and, even more bizarrely, the suggestion that we - the Rangers support - will turn on him should things not go our way this weekend. Yet, Warburton has not only completely transformed the style and standard of football at Ibrox, he's helped us rediscover our belief, confidence and pride as a support. He has absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain from Sunday's match.

A league currently separates us but the repercussions of defeat for the two teams are worlds apart.

Cel*ic are there for the taking. We know it, the Tims know it, their players know it, our players know it, Deila knows it.

And Mark Warburton knows it better than anyone.

Nail on the head here mate.

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We need pace on the wings. Sheils aint got it. 

After thinking about it Clark really does seem to step up to the mark this season with important goals. Is this a step too far? Maybe but I think he'll start and who knows maybe he writes his name into Rangers history

Clark has produced great moments (hibs last year, killie this year, his finish at Ayr) yet he seems to finish more difficult chances rather than the easy. His assist for Miller at Easter road in the petrofac was pretty good also.

if he does play then at least I know he'll give his all and maybe just maybe he'll produce a moment of magic....you never know it could turn out to be like our greatest striker, he had a tough start......ok,step too far.

12 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Been saying all week 3-1. 

We deserve this for the last 4 years. It's been hell and we've been nothing but loyal and incredible.

The fans deserve this tomorrow

Come on Rangers. Please!!!

get it on mate, last time I was saying 3-1 all week was the half time come back from 1-0 down at the piggery.

was pished when I stuck it on and only went and marked the 2-1 box by accident.

had half time, full time on too tho so managed to save some face when going to collect! :lol:

3 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Is it easy enough to set up a Now tv account just for a day pass, don't need a box or anything?

I did it last year I think for the hibs match. It was 6.99 and it played fine on the PC, assume an Xbox would be the same. You just watch it through a player on their site.

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We need pace on the wings. Sheils aint got it. 

After thinking about it Clark really does seem to step up to the mark this season with important goals. Is this a step too far? Maybe but I think he'll start and who knows maybe he writes his name into Rangers history

Neither Clark or Law have pace either! Clark may pop up with the odd goal but he contributes nothing to the team performance, we are going to need all 11 players performing at the best to have a chance of winning and having a guy standing about on the wing doing fuck all is going to massively hinder us.

Burt is the only player we have available other than McKay that can is capable of playing as winger. 

1 hour ago, blueballss said:

drive through and pick me up with the other one will you? will wait at bottom of Kingsway at circle haha wishful thinking

Haha! I was very close to offering it on here (for face value obviously, fuck the overpriced touts) as my usual group can't make it.  Boy at work snapped it up quick though and his missus is giving us a lift down from Aberdeen at 7am so worked out well! Bought a shit load of booze for the motor now the only problem is the pish stops :lol:

7 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I did it last year I think for the hibs match. It was 6.99 and it played fine on the PC, assume an Xbox would be the same. You just watch it through a player on their site.

Cheers mate, just looked on my Xbox and seems pretty easy, will do that first thing tomorrow.

On 4/15/2016 at 11:33 AM, JFK-1 said:

The outcome of this match is entirely irrelevant to our team and our prospects for next season.  Fate seems to have been conspiring against us recently with two of our most potent first choices now out injured and with another two cup tied we're missing more than a third of the team.

Add to that the fact that we all know the manager has already targeted a clutch of new recruits for next season who we can expect will strengthen the team if they can't beat us now at this severely weakened moment it's start filling your pants time for them as far as next season goes.

I fully expect we will hand out some real thrashings next season just as we did this season and the Dundee match was a fine indicator of that.  A team they couldn't put a goal past in 180 minutes we walked all over and took 4 from.  No matter what happens this weekend it's been a better season than any of us expected at the outset and delivered basically everything we realistically hoped for.

I for one would have grasped with both hands the prospect of a challenge cup win to complete our trophy list plus runaway champions in the league.  The future is bright no matter what happens and if things took a turn against us this weekend naturally we will all be disappointed but it's a mere blip on the landscape in terms of the bigger picture.  

Well said!

Early on i always believed the key to success in football was álways individual talent - the Baxters, Laws, Peles, etc... then i watched in horror as disgraceful Big Jock Knew took a bunch of very average players (and the one player who had skill dribbled himself in circles most of the time) that dominated scottish fitba for 9 fuckin years!

We're without three key players and a wanker ref,  and a cow pasture that will benefit the scum but we've got a fuckin brilliant manager who will deliver victory tomorow - Mark Warburton!

19 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Clark has produced great moments (hibs last year, killie this year, his finish at Ayr) yet he seems to finish more difficult chances rather than the easy. His assist for Miller at Easter road in the petrofac was pretty good also

The most likely starter, just. Strange how we can probably name ten of the eleven with confidence, but the other is so unknown.

Unless Ball doesn't start...

27 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Burt is the only player we have available other than McKay that can is capable of playing as winger. 

I hadn't thought about Burt before, but I'd love to see him start. Most if not all of the other options aren't going to be there next season, should do him good. (tu)