*****The Official Rangers v Them thread*****

VallancesDog

Starting to get the nerves already with this game.

Cant predict what the outcome will be, just hope we get hold of the ball and manage to settle into the game quickly and dictate the tempo. This I think is key and if we can do that then we will win.

I hope big Keirnan snaps out of his trance for this one as he has been a liability the past few games. Wilson and Wallace will at least be on hand to talk the defence through the game.

The only player I'm remotely worried about from their side is thumb heed as he can produce goals from anywhere, outside of that we need to avoid giving away needless free kicks and corners as we still look really fragile at set pieces and they have some tall players in their team.

From our perspective in an attacking sense we need to use the pace in our team a lot better and have more direct running at their centerbacks who look clumsy for some decent freekicks within range . 

No idea how this game will go, trying to predict an old firm game isn't easy.

I will say that I am 10 times more confident than the last time we played them.   We are playing good footbal for the most part, and have not tasted too many defeats this season.  They are very very inconsistent and have lost a good few games. 

This is our best chance to beat them in years and I hope we manage it.  If we do, it will go down as one of the biggest wins against them ever IMO.

Just out of interest what are tickets usually like for normal Old Firm games at Ibrox, desperate to go to one now we're up and hopefully depending on the date, can go. I take it tickets must sell out fast but is there still a decent chance through public sales?

No doubt that Rangers have advanced since the game last year and Celtic have gone backwards. They're nothing without Griffiths and cheaper but better organised sides such as Molde and Malmo have shown Celtic up for what they are - a mediocre team.

I certainly think Rangers will raise their game for this one. I am going for a win after extra time.

I can't remember who posted it, so I can't give them credit, but the result on Sunday will not define our season. It could define their's, though.

Halliday, Wallace and Forrester, for me, can have a huge say on the result. Wilson and Kiernan will face their biggest test of the season against Griffiths.

Ignore Brown, ignore Lustig, ignore Johansen; if we keep the ball and distribute it as well as we can, then we'll give ourselves an excellent chance. Brown will hit Halliday and/or Holt, that I can guarantee, but we have to remain focussed.

It would not surprise me if Allan made an appearance.

Gordon isn't the 'keeper he once was, so Tav must test him, whether that's via a free-kick or whatever. Another ping like Sunday there wouldn't go a miss.

The last semi-final against them at Hampden under McDowall was a fucking embarassment of epic proportions; we didn't even register a single shot on goal in which was one of my saddest afternoons supporting Rangers, but I have absolute and utter faith in Warburton, Weir and their players to rectify that.

Foderingham, Tavernier, Wallace, Kiernan, Wilson, Ball, Holt, Halliday, Forrester, McKay and Miller. WATP.

Our best chance is just to do what we are good at and attack. Unlike Rangers teams of the past we don't have the players to soak up wave after wave of pressure.

I hope we start the game at full tilt because the first goal is crucial and will likely dictate the rest of the game. At least as fans we enter this game with a team that has attacking quality and a realistic chance of scoring goals unlike last time.

I still don't think we will win as we are far too weak defensively but by god I'm praying to be wrong.

56 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

You still a pessimistic s.o.b.? 

I know mate, it kills me but it's just reality. 

You can't lie to yourself no matter how much battle fever you rouse. As a youth football coach myself I always apply a reasoned assessment when looking at games and as such conclude we likely will ship a few goals?

If we play to our potential, dictate from the outset and get the first goal then it could well be our day? If not, then ...???

7 minutes ago, 7troop said:

I know mate, it kills me but it's just reality. 

You can't lie to yourself no matter how much battle fever you rouse. As a youth football coach myself I always apply a reasoned assessment when looking at games and as such conclude we likely will ship a few goals?

If we play to our potential, dictate from the outset and get the first goal then it could well be our day? If not, then ...???

lol awrite 

We've got players than can make things happen out of nothing. The likes of Forrester, McKay, Holt and Tav are all capable of moments of magic. I just pray we're mentally ready for it and I'm confident we'll win if we are. 

35 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

If we concede early and the lads heads go down then I'll fear for us.

If we score early however then I genuinely believe we're capable of putting 4 past them as they are much weaker than us mentally 

Given we still got a goal against St J, despite being 3 goals down shows that the spirit of the team can't be broken by conceding a goal. If anything it'll fire them up even more to get goals. 

It's only Tuesday :power_of_anguish:

Canny wait and have little doubt we will play well. The team kind of picks itself but our bench won't be at its strongest. The players all seem to me to have a strong enough character to not be overwhelmed. Not sure if I could say the same for the Tarriers. I don't feel worried about the game at all. 

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

If we concede early and the lads heads go down then I'll fear for us.

If we score early however then I genuinely believe we're capable of putting 4 past them as they are much weaker than us mentally 

Got to disagree with that mate. Anytime weve went 1 down bar the st johnstone game I think weve always come steaming back into the game. I think we will score first anyway but I don't think we'd loose the plot if we conceded first