JWAC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Go to Shawlands and then just walk through the park.  I myself, will be taking a scooter with every intention of driving it right through the park.  Criminally insane?  Maybe.

If I had the wings of a sparrow

7 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

I'll be getting the same train through, what time's yours? Safety in numbers!

I've not caught the glasgow train since the works started, no idea yet what time to leave from edinburgh

Falkirk High train is an option I hadn't thought of, leaves 50 mins before Larbert train.

More time for breakfast and a few pints!! 

1 minute ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

Falkirk High train is an option I hadn't thought of, leaves 50 mins before Larbert train.

More time for breakfast and a few pints!! 

Seems like I'm either doing 

09:06 Edinburgh Waverley (Plat 10)

10:24 Glasgow Queen Street (Plat 8)

or 

09:30 Edinburgh Waverley (Plat 14)

10:49 Glasgow Queen Street (Plat 9)

Nowhere will be selling booze at that time or on the trains though???

12 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

I'll be getting the same train through, what time's yours? Safety in numbers!

I've not caught the glasgow train since the works started, no idea yet what time to leave from edinburgh

Just checked Scotrail website, probably get the train leaving Falkirk High at 9.35 arriving Queen Street, then walk to Central Station and catch train to Mount Florida.  Think I will buy ticket before Sunday.

38 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

No mate I posted something regarding the queen street true blues and where they left from just in case taigs were looking in. 

But southdown1916 is the boy who runs that bus fire him a pm. A decent bunch and pretty accommodating. 

Looks a great wee place in there, picked up a ticket after it was just done up, going to head in for a pint after the summer before a game.

Southdown sorted me with a few tickets this year, good guy

1 minute ago, FirrhillLoyal said:

Edinburgh Union Jack leaves from haymarket and picks up at Corstorphine. 

Get in touch with them, as far as I'm aware they are coming straight home from the game, possibly dropping a few of us in Shotts (tu) 

Cheers mate. I sent them a message on facebook and I don't even use facebook! Couldn't see a website for them either.

They're not even mentioned on the official site but that's unfortunately been an outdated mess for years. That sort of shite the new club 1872 needs to sort out

We gotta taxi out to Hampden last Sunday from outside the Camperdown bar near Queen St. I'm sure it was only £6-£7. Got dropped outside Clockwork but it was queued out the door. We persisted and got in for a few nips before kick off. 

After the game we headed out and got on what appeared to be the first public bus we saw for about £2 and it slowly got us back to St Enoch. 

The travelling was really not bad although it will no doubt be ramped up a bit come Sunday. 

Good luck with getting out to the game. Lucky sods!!??

13 minutes ago, TheQueensEleven said:

I'm heading over from Paisley myself, probably just get the train to Central and then to Mount Florida.

That's what I'm doing mate, 9.39 from Milliken park to Central then the special from Central straight through to Mount Florida.  Return ticket to Mount Florida from Milliken park cost only 4.50. 

Done it on Sunday with no problems, the trains were mobbed but the longest I had to wait was 15 minutes in a queue at Mount Florida after the match. Might be a bit different this Sunday though, will just need to wing it and see what happens. :D

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

That's what I'm doing mate, 9.39 from Milliken park to Central then the special from Central straight through to Mount Florida.  Return ticket to Mount Florida from Milliken park cost only 4.50. 

Done it on Sunday with no problems, the trains were mobbed but the longest I had to wait was 15 minutes in a queue at Mount Florida after the match. Might be a bit different this Sunday though, will just need to wing it and see what happens. :D

Easiest way mate. Reasonably cheap and fast. Although I got a taxi there from Central last Sunday, but that was because it allowed everyone to squeeze in some extra pre-match pints.

22 minutes ago, DuntocherLoyal said:

If you are struggling mate, give me a wee shout and I'll pick you up and drop you at Hamdump! Didn't get a ticket so would need to get you there about 1130 to allow me time to get back to watch on the telly.

Thanks bud but does anyone else on here know you if you're not a qualified taxier? Sounds a bit josef fritzl

2 hours ago, Bear Ass said:

In days of old the Bears got the train from Central to Mount Florida....the filth got the low-level from Central to Rutherglen.  Dunno if that still works....not been to an OF game at Hampdump for a while......

i would imagine that Septic fans will alight at Kings Park.

and Rangers fans of course Mount Florida.

i think there is bound to be some sort of segregation involved and have different trains for fans of each side

15 minutes ago, DuntocherLoyal said:

Fuck you...it was a genuine offer to help a bear as I will when I can. Enjoy the game.

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend. I was trying to humuor the situation 

8 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

i would imagine that Septic fans will alight at Kings Park.

and Rangers fans of course Mount Florida.

i think there is bound to be some sort of segregation involved and have different trains for fans of each side

Yes - I am sure you are correct. I'm originally from Rutherglen/Kings Park area and I always walked to Hampden - I just remember a total Timfestation of Rutherglen on cup-final days when the mhank's were involved

2 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

sure the tims all gathered there to see the " Union Jack" flying from the town hall, lol

i am originally from that area myself and could walk to Hampden, Cathkin Park (gave my age away) Shawfield and even Porkheid, when i was a bit younger.

Aye - you did! I'm sure my old man told me about Third Lanark when I was a bairn!  I remember when the Bully Wee played at Shawfield - before it went to the dogs! And the UJ still flies proudly from the Town Hall - much to the chagrin of the attendees of the "mhanky hoose" opposite! :-)