JWAC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, jim white's a bear said:

What's the easiest and safest way to do this if I'm arriving at queen street station? The boys I goto the football with are coming from the west this time and the route they're taking, my fucked knees likely won't handle it.

I spoke to the convener of the john niven RSC tonight and they've spare seats but they'll be heading to a pub in glasgow for a few hours after the game, it'd be too late back for me. It's been over 20 years since I've been on a supporters bus.

I've used the train from central before to get to mount florida for scotland games, do the scum use those trains too?

Give me your ticket and I will give you a lift to the Stadium so you can try and buy another.

8 hours ago, jim white's a bear said:

Cheers mate. I sent them a message on facebook and I don't even use facebook! Couldn't see a website for them either.

They're not even mentioned on the official site but that's unfortunately been an outdated mess for years. That sort of shite the new club 1872 needs to sort out

I've got the number for the girl who runs the bus if you need it pm me

We get mount florida and the manky mob get kings park as previously stated. I stay backing onto the train line and when we play them its always 'specials' thats on to segregate the good guys from the wanks. Mount florida station will be queued out (they only let you use one entrance, the one off bolton drive) but the longest ive waited to get into the town after the game was 30mins. You would probably have to walk to either the victoria hospital or shawlands to stand a a good chance of a taxi. 

8 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

I've managed to get myself on the Jack this week. What's it like? Decent group?

Emailed her early this week and managed to get a space. Looking forward to it

Not as good as it used to be but still a great bus. Audrey is spot on as well when it comes to sorting people out for tickets.

Should be a mad one on Sunday (tu) 

5 minutes ago, FirrhillLoyal said:

Not as good as it used to be but still a great bus. Audrey is spot on as well when it comes to sorting people out for tickets.

Should be a mad one on Sunday (tu)

Yeah, Audrey was great, emailed me back really quickly so I was delighted.

Can't wait, one more day of work left then I can start to look forward to it :)

46 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

I've managed to get myself on the Jack this week. What's it like? Decent group?

Emailed her early this week and managed to get a space. Looking forward to it

My mates used to get it years ago and say it's changed dramatically from the good old days. Still a decent bus and Audrey is good to deal with. 

Just now, Dan Deacon said:

My mates used to get it years ago and say it's changed dramatically from the good old days. Still a decent bus and Audrey is good to deal with.

Cheers (tu)

Aye, I like what I've heard so far, might have to look into becoming a regular as I'm scunnered with the driving through to Ibrox every other week. The lack of a pint makes the whole thing much less enjoyable.

13 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Cheers (tu)

Aye, I like what I've heard so far, might have to look into becoming a regular as I'm scunnered with the driving through to Ibrox every other week. The lack of a pint makes the whole thing much less enjoyable.

We normally take the train mate. It works our a few quid more than the bus, but works for us in our group. We typically just jump a taxi to WRC when off and then tube back to city after the game. 

The drawback of the buses for me is the wait to get on the road after games.  I would rather wait in the subway queue for ten mins, get back to the city, grab a carry out and get on the train. Feels like  you are on the go quicker than sat on the bus. 

I used to love the bus, but only for long distance fixtures like Aberdeen and Inverness. The scooping and singing were a good laugh.

Once we were relegated to the lower leagues, the novelty wore off for me. I didn't enjoy the six hours journey up to Forres to watch the likes of Kyle Hutton and Andrew Mitchell, then the six hours trip back. Through thick-and-think and all that, but it I didn't enjoy that. The banter remained, but the shite on the pitch wasn't worth it. An away game on the bus occupies your entire Saturday or Sunday, so it's a big commitment.

I still have my season ticket and have done for around twenty years, but I drive to the odd away game these days.

32 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I used to love the bus, but only for long distance fixtures like Aberdeen and Inverness. The scooping and singing were a good laugh.

Once we were relegated to the lower leagues, the novelty wore off for me. I didn't enjoy the six hours journey up to Forres to watch the likes of Kyle Hutton and Andrew Mitchell, then the six hours trip back. Through thick-and-think and all that, but it I didn't enjoy that. The banter remained, but the shite on the pitch wasn't worth it. An away game on the bus occupies your entire Saturday or Sunday, so it's a big commitment.

I still have my season ticket and have done for around twenty years, but I drive to the odd away game these days.

You're a mad man. Forres was fucking brilliant! 

4 minutes ago, FirrhillLoyal said:

You're a mad man. Forres was fucking brilliant! 

The occassion, aye. The football, no.

A great day out used to be supplemented by a cracker from Jelavic at Aberdeen or a late Naismith (May he suffer an unfortunate incident) winner at Tynecastle.

I love a drink and a sing-song as much as the next guy, but make no mistake, this club has spoiled us over the years and that euphoria is addictive.