A message to All RM Members from Erskine Bishopton Care Home

govanblue

Dear RM Members,

Erskine Bishopton have asked me to pass on this message to you...

gb and all at RM, may I take this opportunity on behalf of Dinger, John, Tommy, Iain, Donald, *****, ***** and ***** to thank you for providing a great day out at the Ibrox Tour.  The residents had a day to remember and it was all topped off by a fab meal and drinks in the Argyle Suite.

This was one of many great things that RM have provided this season for Erskine Bishopton Home i.e. all home game tickets, corporate days, Xmas pressies, Rangers TV subscription, countless day trips out and about and I have been asked to thank all the guys and girls a million times over because without your fab support none of this would be possible.

It goes without saying they look forward to seeing the Glasgow Rangers back where they belong and hope with your continued support RM can help them follow the team again next season.

Once again, a final massive thanks to everyone!

From all the residents and staff at Erskine Home Bishopton.

And here are some photos from the Stadium Tour (none from the lunch yet)

As you can see, they were all jolly excited...

EBI_01_zpsqyysymzq.jpg

(left to right: Tommy, Dinger, John, Donald)

EBI_07_zps9su5r5t9.jpg

EBI_02_zpsqpywi6da.jpg

EBI_05_zpsqqnnnqhg.jpg

EBI_03_zpsvayrzxjx.jpg

EBI_04_zpswnmsggz7.jpg

EBI_06_zpsgyoyv9ln.jpg

Always Remembered.
EBI_09_zps77etncm0.jpg

And for good measure, we managed to squeeze in a couple of Veterans from Erskine Glasgow too.

EBI_10_zpsrd6wwoje.jpg

So quite simply, if you want to see these chaps smiling again next season, then you need to donate some money towards it.

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/paypal.html

2 hours ago, linfield1690 said:

Brilliant guy in the 4th pic was my old neighbour and my father's mate

That's Iain.  He just oozes dignity, doesn't he? :D

He's virtually a permanent feature at Ibrox these days - and long may it continue!  (tu)

ps - PM me and I'll say hi from you.

Or you can tell him yourself - He'll be in SW4, Row C at the Alloa game. (tu)

Donald also got along to Auchenhowie the other day...

040416_press_conference_ohalloran_charit

Foundation Donates To Services Charities

RANGERS striker Michael O’Halloran today presented cheques totalling £25,000 to four services-related charities on behalf of the Rangers Charity Foundation.

Veterans’ charity Erskine, The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity, the RAF Benevolent Fund and ABF The Soldiers’ Charity shared the funds raised via the Foundation’s Armed Forces Partnership.

Erskine, which is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year, will receive £10,000 towards the charity’s Memorial Garden project, with the other three charities receiving £5,000 each towards their core activities, ensuring they can continue their vital work with the brave men and women of our armed forces.

Initiatives in support of this partnership included a can collection and special commemorative programme on Armed Forces Day at Ibrox in September and a camouflage shirt developed and sold by the Rangers Supporters Trust, as well as the Foundation’s wider fundraising activities throughout the year.

Michael O’Halloran commented: “The Rangers fans have been incredibly generous once again and I know the Club and Foundation has a very strong tradition of helping services related charities. It was great to meet the representatives from each of the charities today and present the funds, particularly Erskine resident Donald Mathieson who is 90 and a massive football fan!”

Charles Dunphie, Regional Director Scotland for ABF The Soldiers’ Charity, commented: “Our relationship with the Rangers Charity Foundation has gone from strength to strength. Today we are absolutely thrilled with this generous donation of £5,000 which will be used to provide support to Scottish soldiers, veterans and their families at a time when need for support is growing. On behalf of all the services-related charities here today, I’d like to thank the Rangers fans for their incredible support.”

Foundation Director Connal Cochrane commented: “We’re delighted to continue our long-standing work with services-related charities with this £25,000 donation to four great causes.

“Over the years we’ve worked in partnership with Erskine and ABF The Soldiers’ Charity and have also made donations to SSAFA and Erskine via our Fans Forces Fund but what many supporters probably don’t realise is that the Foundation makes thousands of in-kind donations every year to a range of charities, and many of these are also services-related.

“We regularly support organisations such as Help For Heroes and Combat Stress by donating tickets and signed memorabilia and organising match day can collections. Today’s donation is just one aspect of our work with the many organisations who look after our troops and veterans.”

http://rangers.co.uk/news/club/foundation-donates-services-charities/

Great to see the sheer joy on the faces of our heroic Veterans....what a difference this must make to the health and wellbeing of these men!! This demonstrates perfectly the generosity of spirit which embodies our great club and unrivalled support....fine work govanblue!!! New member so haven't contributed yet but I'll be donating at the very earliest opportunity. 

:7326:WATP:uk:

16 hours ago, govanblue said:

Dear RM Members,

Erskine Bishopton have asked me to pass on this message to you...

And here are some photos from the Stadium Tour (none from the lunch yet)

As you can see, they were all jolly excited...

EBI_01_zpsqyysymzq.jpg

(left to right: Tommy, Dinger, John, Donald)

EBI_07_zps9su5r5t9.jpg

EBI_02_zpsqpywi6da.jpg

EBI_05_zpsqqnnnqhg.jpg

EBI_03_zpsvayrzxjx.jpg

EBI_04_zpswnmsggz7.jpg

EBI_06_zpsgyoyv9ln.jpg

Always Remembered.
EBI_09_zps77etncm0.jpg

And for good measure, we managed to squeeze in a couple of Veterans from Erskine Glasgow too.

EBI_10_zpsrd6wwoje.jpg

So quite simply, if you want to see these chaps smiling again next season, then you need to donate some money towards it.

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/paypal.html

4 hours ago, billscott said:

john my father in law is 99 a week on monday the 25th  i was in to see him on thursday  he had done 10 miles on the exercise bike

he is an amazing man. he had a great time at the tour and the meal

A medal winning cyclist in fact.  (tu)

15-07-14-Erskine2-465x600.jpg

15-07-14-Erskine1-600x408.jpg

7 hours ago, GrizzlyBear72 said:

Great to see the sheer joy on the faces of our heroic Veterans....what a difference this must make to the health and wellbeing of these men!! This demonstrates perfectly the generosity of spirit which embodies our great club and unrivalled support....fine work govanblue!!! New member so haven't contributed yet but I'll be donating at the very earliest opportunity. 

:7326:WATP:uk:

More than any of us ever anticipated.

Thanks_zpspyrglihd.jpg

Erskine_RDF3_zpsxhxm4poe.jpg

2 minutes ago, govanblue said:

More than any of us ever anticipated.

Thanks_zpspyrglihd.jpg

Erskine_RDF3_zpsxhxm4poe.jpg

Perfect case in point govanblue! IMHO the simple act of taking an interest in an older person's life....their families, their working lives (the armed forces), their passion  (The Famous Glasgow Rangers).......if we, as a club, as a support, can offer these simple things then, in some small way, we can make a world of difference to these gentlemen's every day lives!! Hat's off to you for the work you do!!.....the auld yin on the right appears to keep his hat strategically placed.....can you blame him with the hot stuff behind him?!! ???                                   :7326:WATP:uk: