getting in touch with the real rangers

ayeready

my first thread.

it is amazing when you think about how many gers there are all over the world and how little is done to provide them with a glimpse of the team they so love. i think DM and others must start to think about making three trips every year as a course of habit to get the rangers brand out there.

unlike other british clubs we are the only one that is quintessentially british. man ure and chelsea and arsenal all have regional ties that might make them more from manchester or london and also have the english tag with that but due to our very nature we can easily and comfortably be accurately described as BRITISH.

coz of the british empire stretching as it did all over the world and the size of the commonwealth i reckon we need to start playing games every year in north america and australia to cement relationships with fans groups. who knows maybe we can get solid scouting out there and take some of their players over here? i know the oz connection has happened before but i reckon we need to look at it in a different way now and go the british angle. the third trip is of course to play linfield coz missing that is just wrong :classier_than_pipeguy:

any thoughts?

This subject crops up a lot. The problem is trying to find the time to fit that all in. When the season finishes the players have to get their hollidays. Then back for pre season training. You might try splitting the squad to play different places but people would complain about getting only half the first team and I don't know if diluting the brand is a good thing. Plus I'm sure the coaches will want all the first team training together. I have to admit it was great when we had the winter break and being selfish we were lucky enough for the team to come over to Ft Lauderdale. There will always be someone that will miss out.

i think we get 4 weeks so it wouldnt be too much of a stretch i dont think. get a week in oz, a week in n.america then a couple back in glasgow with a skip across the sea for linfield. could take the entire squad to all places. other teams do it as well and coz we are gonna have to play warm up games anyway i reckon it could be good

also i reckon it would be a gr8 holiday package as well :clap:

i think we get 4 weeks so it wouldnt be too much of a stretch i dont think. get a week in oz, a week in n.america then a couple back in glasgow with a skip across the sea for linfield. could take the entire squad to all places. other teams do it as well and coz we are gonna have to play warm up games anyway i reckon it could be good

trouble with that is the poor fragile footballers would complain about jetlag/ exhaustion after all these trans atlantic/ pacific flights :rolleyes:

trouble with that is the poor fragile footballers would complain about jetlag/ exhaustion after all these trans atlantic/ pacific flights :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

you aint wrong there! bet they would love the chance to get a nice bit of winter training under their belt down under as well. :classier_than_pipeguy: