£7m Left ?

Davy

I have been told by someone that we have £10m to spend, and I have no reason to disbelieve that person.

We have spend around £3m on the signings of Beasley and Cuellar, which leaves us £7m remaining.

However, if the papers are anything to go by, we will sign Whittaker for around £2m and McCulloch for a similar sum... meaning we are around £2-3m short of what we estimated.

But do we have any other signings lined up that we aren't aware of ?

Are we wrong ? Do the men at the top not plan on spending that ? Have we been strung along yet again by Mr Murray ? Have promises been made and broken ?

Over to you...

We should have used the 7 million to sign Craig Gordon (excellent long term investment) and someone else instead of trying to sign donkeys like McCulloch etc :pipegreen:

I forgot to add that this is not counting the money we recieve from players leaving, such as Svensson and possibly Buffel and Sionko.

Truth is we have no idea what we have to spend - we can only speculate.

Im hoping for some good news on the signing front over the next 2 weeks before the July 25 CL deadline - then perhaps even some more after that

Guest The Brown Brogue
I have been told by someone that we have £10m to spend, and I have no reason to disbelieve that person.

We have spend around £3m on the signings of Beasley and Cuellar, which leaves us £7m remaining.

However, if the papers are anything to go by, we will sign Whittaker for around £2m and McCulloch for a similar sum... meaning we are around £2-3m short of what we estimated.

But do we have any other signings lined up that we aren't aware of ?

Are we wrong ? Do the men at the top not plan on spending that ? Have we been strung along yet again by Mr Murray ? Have promises been made and broken ?

Over to you...

Whittaker 1.8

McCulloch 2.5

Naismith 1.5

Total 5.8 million

Thats how I see things panning out, leaving money in the kitty for a left back towards the end of the transfer window, if there are still doubts over Stevie Smith.

No reason to believe them either.

:rolleyes:

We should have used the 7 million to sign Craig Gordon (excellent long term investment) and someone else instead of trying to sign donkeys like McCulloch etc :pipegreen:

wow, the Fish thinking positively! :pipegreen:

Naaaa you just didnt pay attention ages ago to what I was saying :classier_than_pipeguy:

Naaaa you just didnt pay attention ages ago to what I was saying :classier_than_pipeguy:

Sometimes that is better.

Sometimes that is better.

Thats up to you and who ever

It's not the worst idea I've heard, but (and I'm not just saying this to spite you mate) I do believe that McGregor WILL be better than Craig Gordon in a season or two's time.

We have one excellent keeper and two good keepers at the club now, not sure we need more players there.

Gordon's prone to errors against the Scum remember.....

did we not bid 5 million for a player, there is money there but clubs are trying to rip us off. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know Minstral.

But now that we didn't get that £5m player, will the money be spend elsewhere or will Minty pocket it, as per ?

We dont want walter going out and buying players just for the sake of it like what happened a few seasons back when we brought in capucho and co.

Really hope we dont sign McCulloch though.

Still can't believe we're pursuing McCulloch, espcially at the price mentioned. Fuckin ludicrous. At best, he could be a squad player, nothing more.

McCulloch isn't going to be a squad player for us when he has been playing as an esthablished Premiership player for the past 24 months.

It's not the worst idea I've heard, but (and I'm not just saying this to spite you mate) I do believe that McGregor WILL be better than Craig Gordon in a season or two's time.

We have one excellent keeper and two good keepers at the club now, not sure we need more players there.

Not a chance mate.

Allan McGregor is going be sitting on the bench for Scotland as Craig Gordon plays for the next 10 years.

We have two good goalkeepers and 1 average keeper at the club right now. McGregor is not an excellent goalkeeper, He doesnt make saves he has no right to save.

Not a chance mate.

Allan McGregor is going be sit on the bench for Scotland as Craig Gordon plays for the next 10 years.

We have two good goalkeepers and 1 average keeper at the club right now. McGregor is not an excellent goalkeeper, He doesnt make saves he has no right to save.

I tend to agree mate... Craig Gordon is by far the superior GK, IMO.

craig gordon would be an excellent signing, one who which would be well worth breaking the bank for, big fan of his (despite the timewasting antics) and would love to see him go to us or england (rather than celtic) but at the price hearts are ... demanding, we probably couldnt afford him. he is a great keeper though