The Daily Shit Stirrers at it again

Can someone point out to me where the Accrington boss "hits out" at Rangers?  He is obviously unhappy at the bosman rules and some might say rightly so, but the rules are there and Rangers took advantage of it.  Would any other club be slated for this?

Rangers FC: Accrington Stanley hit out over Josh Windass fee after midfielder scores again

WINDASS signed a pre-contract with Rangers alongside fellow midfielder Matt Crooks in a deal that left Accrington Stanley boss John Coleman raging.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY boss John Coleman has had another dig at Rangers after Ibrox summer arrival Josh Windass pushed his cub to the verge of promotion.

The English League Two minnows were fuming in January when Rangers announced they had agreed to sign Windass and Accrington colleague Matt Crooks on pre-contract deals.

Both players have helped Accrington to a fantastic season and they can seal promotion to League One next week after Windass netted a double in Saturday’s 3-0 victory over Jackie McNamara's York City to take his goal tally for the season to 16.

Coleman still can’t believe Rangers will snap up Windass – son of former Aberdeen star Dean – for nothing in the summer. He said: “It was a fantastic finish from Josh. That’s how good he is and that’s why we’re going to get very underpaid for him.”

I really don't believe Accrington didn't know we were talking to Windass and Crooks. I find it unlikely that boys agents didn't go to the club and see if they would match or better our offer. Remember Accrington were as free to offer them a deal as we were.

I looks like they were going to let them go for the development fee and didn't gamble on them leaving the country. 

No one to blame but themselves.

That's really what this is about, they wanted the development fee, just being associated with Rangers has raised the profile of these players and the Club thinks they are worth a lot more, tough ain't it, we lost a full squad of International players and just got on with it, let's see them do the same...

At the time I can vaguely remember his 'fuming' as being unhappy at the rules and we were allowed to do it.

But it is part of the rules, and we broke none in approaching them, and ultimately signing them.

Papers exist for hyperbole.

I think it's his quote in the last line of the article about getting underpaid for him is what the paper is trying to insinuate as a dig at us.

End of the day, I don't really care, it was all done within the laws of the game and seeing that this is something that happens to clubs all over the world well guess what.  BOO HOO!

1 hour ago, EatDolphins said:

I really don't believe Accrington didn't know we were talking to Windass and Crooks. I find it unlikely that boys agents didn't go to the club and see if they would match or better our offer. Remember Accrington were as free to offer them a deal as we were.

I looks like they were going to let them go for the development fee and didn't gamble on them leaving the country. 

No one to blame but themselves.

Think it was more a case of "Rangers or Accrington" Was only ever going to be one winner :541: 

Of course they are all gutted at losing two of their best players for relative buttons. Understandable, we'd be the same.

The whinging in the press is very uncouth though. Their anger should be directed at the management and board for allowing two of their best players to enter the last six months of their contracts.

If they had handled it better they might have got themselves a preseason game and received a nice windfall, but their petulance over their own mistake has fucked that.

5 hours ago, BF2 said:

Can someone point out to me where the Accrington boss "hits out" at Rangers?  He is obviously unhappy at the bosman rules and some might say rightly so, but the rules are there and Rangers took advantage of it.  Would any other club be slated for this?

Rangers FC: Accrington Stanley hit out over Josh Windass fee after midfielder scores again

WINDASS signed a pre-contract with Rangers alongside fellow midfielder Matt Crooks in a deal that left Accrington Stanley boss John Coleman raging.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY boss John Coleman has had another dig at Rangers after Ibrox summer arrival Josh Windass pushed his cub to the verge of promotion.

The English League Two minnows were fuming in January when Rangers announced they had agreed to sign Windass and Accrington colleague Matt Crooks on pre-contract deals.

Both players have helped Accrington to a fantastic season and they can seal promotion to League One next week after Windass netted a double in Saturday’s 3-0 victory over Jackie McNamara's York City to take his goal tally for the season to 16.

Coleman still can’t believe Rangers will snap up Windass – son of former Aberdeen star Dean – for nothing in the summer. He said: “It was a fantastic finish from Josh. That’s how good he is and that’s why we’re going to get very underpaid for him.”

Aw didums - that's the rules pal!