Joey Barton at Rangers training ground

WMT

7 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

It was said on here from a couple of experts that the club offered him a new contract , they never , the media and Barton himself said it nobody from the club said anything remotely near that bullshit.

Now why would a club who have gave him player of the year and all think he's a great guy not give him a new contract ?

I think they did offer him a year contract but he wanted 2 and tbh I don't think many BPL clubs will offer 33 year olds a long contract on good money. He will be good for us and I think we need a wee bit of dig in midfield so am quite happy with this. 

39 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Heres another reason we don't want him signed , he must have been on good money at Burnley and is going to be looking for daft money from us .

We don't want to start that shit again.

13k a week he is on. 

Stated numerous times its about security not finance

30 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

It was said on here from a couple of experts that the club offered him a new contract , they never , the media and Barton himself said it nobody from the club said anything remotely near that bullshit.

Now why would a club who have gave him player of the year and all think he's a great guy not give him a new contract ?

Genuine question when do clubs with a shred of dignity come out and state they offered a player a contract? And when has sky ever been wrong regarding transfers or contracts?

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Should be ok with a two year deal on £2k a week then. :pipe:

Maybe you don't know his motivations no-one does. Rossiter is apparently to be on about 10k, when he rejected 19k at Liverpool. 

Its all speculation. Should we see every players contract to make sure the fans are happy at their wages?

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Genuine question when do clubs with a shred of dignity come out and state they offered a player a contract? And when has sky ever been wrong regarding transfers or contracts?

Plenty clubs have came out stating they offered players new deals , sure McCoist said he offered Gordon one.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

He got asked who he supported and replied 'I'm a Celtic fan'. He never 'preferred' them, he straight up said he was a fan. Hopefully he doesn't get to walk out at Ibrox as a Rangers player, he doesn't deserve it. 

It's like me asking you , Barca or Real? Your answer doesn't make you a 'fan'. 

Just now, daverfc13 said:

It's like me asking you , Barca or Real? Your answer doesn't make you a 'fan'. 

John Hartson's Scottish side was Rangers if you asked him before signing for Celtic, out of our current side apparently Kiernan made a few trips to the Piggery when he was younger. It's completely different to signing a regular Parkhead punter.

In an ideal world I'd prefer a side full of born and bred bluenoses, but let's face it loyalty means fuck all to most Footballers these days. Look at the likes of Naismith and Lafferty who shat on their own.

no doubt he's a good player and we do need experience in the team. he has done silly things in the past but people change, and he has been doing well the last season. but the main reason I think this has a good chance of working out is Frank McParland, as they get on really well. plus by all accounts he'll be taking a pay cut if he joins us, so he's not here purely for the money which to me is a good sign

3 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

John Hartson's Scottish side was Rangers if you asked him before signing for Celtic, out of our current side apparently Kiernan made a few trips to the Piggery when he was younger. It's completely different to signing a regular Parkhead punter.

In an ideal world I'd prefer a side full of born and bred bluenoses, but let's face it loyalty means fuck all to most Footballers these days. Look at the likes of Naismith and Lafferty who shat on their own.

That's exactly my point , they have a favourite , but once they pull on the jersey , that completely changes

Lancashire Telegraph Barton said: “There’s a desire for me to be here, that hasn’t changed, but at 33, stroke 34, I don’t know whether I want to stay for a year, that’s the reality of it.”

“We’ll sit down and negotiate, I’d like to stay here longer. At this stage of my career it’s not financial, there’s no financial angle for me, I just want a bit of stability, my eldest child is about to start school so I want to put some roots down somewhere.”

In reports emerging just a while ago, it seems that this urge to “put roots down somewhere” could very well include Glasgowwhere the Daily Record say that Barton has arrived in order to have talks with the Scottish footballing giants who have just fought their way back to the summit of Scottish football with promotion to the SPL.

The Daily Record say that one factor that could benefit Rangers wanting to gain his signature is that their current head of recruitment, Frank McParland, was the man who persuaded the now 33-year-old Barton to sign the short-term deal at Burnley.

The story gets added credence from BBC Sport who say that: “The 33-year-old was shown round the club’s Auchenhowie training ground on Saturday and talks will take place over a contract offer.”

The news that Barton is up at Ibrox for talks with Rangers has definitely got Twitter a-buzzing with Rangers fans seemingly excited about the prospect of the one-cap England international and accepted midfield general possibly signing on for the Scottish giants.