Joey Barton at Rangers training ground

WMT

5 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

People have been moaning all season saying we were missing an experienced holding midfielder and now MW is on the verge of signing one and people are still moaning. He has had a chequered past, so did gazza and big Dunc, but he seems to have calmed down and more recently he has hit the headlines for his on field skill rather than off field antics.IMO he would be a welcome asset to the team and I trust everything MW does. Look at the players he has brought in and name one which has been a mistake, I can't think of one.

I agree almost entirely with your post mate and i think Barton would be a great signing.

But being the dick i am i would love to be able to pronounce the Polish keepers name to correct your last point haha.

18 minutes ago, Briton said:

Grow up with the veiled threats of violence FFS. In any case, I wouldn't call any Rangers player a cunt at a match, I support the team.  I wouldn't have joined in the 'reception' though.  I despise the twat and wished he never pulled on the shirt.

Where the fuck have I threatened violence ya twat 

He made the second most tackles & interceptions combined (120) in the league in 2016. He also won possession in midfield the 2nd most times. Between him, Rossiter and Crooks we have  a very solid midfield now. Plenty of options. 

2 minutes ago, iain88 said:

He made the second most tackles & interceptions combined (120) in the league in 2016. He also won possession in midfield the 2nd most times. Between him, Rossiter and Crooks we have  a very solid midfield now. Plenty of options. 

This always makes me laugh when new signings come and people automatically put them in front of people already here (that's what I took from your comment). How many times have you seen crooks, rossiter play. How do you know Halliday and holt are not a lot better

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

sean dyche is on goals on sunday never heard him saying anything regarding the transfer or Barton so far.

He said it's up to Joey. Dyche wants him back, and Barton knows the clubs position. Said plenty of nice things about Barton, credited him and another player they signed with giving them a spark at the start of the season. 

Also said it would be a big signing for us, because "he isn't cheap". It would show that we're "well backed".  

Just now, andy500 said:

He said it's up to Joey. Dyche wants him back, and Barton knows the clubs position. Said plenty of nice things about Barton, credited him and another player they signed with giving them a spark at the start of the season. 

Also said it would be a big signing for us, because "he isn't cheap". It would show that we're "well backed".  

I did nip out with the dug for a wee while, he must have said that then, cheers for that.

26 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Who does he replace in our current team?

I doubt any of these signings are coming here to warm the benches. In saying that, we didn't have the biggest squad in the first place. Some of the higher earners will go, along with the loanees, so there is much room for plenty more to come in. We have a long season ahead, particularly if we get into EL group stages and at the minute we are seriously light in numbers. Then there is the possibility of injuries, so we have a long way to go yet on signings and ones with the quality of Barton will do just fine. The guy will easily be the best centre mid in Scotland. All a breath of fresh air IMO.

14 hours ago, Keeps01 said:

Lots of taig acusations. Lots of his past being cast up. Lots of his tweets being used against him. 

Nothing, not one iota, of how good a footballer he is..........

Its almost as if, some type of people don't want good footballers at Rangers......

hmm?

that aside he is a good player who, according to experts is improving towards the end of his career

40 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I agree almost entirely with your post mate and i think Barton would be a great signing.

But being the dick i am i would love to be able to pronounce the Polish keepers name to correct your last point haha.

I forgot about cudnaestopashot