Joey Barton at Rangers training ground

WMT

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I have no idea how Joey Barton fits into Warburtons philosophy when it comes to signings, baffling right enough.

Correct me if I wrong but isn't all the madness to do with antics off the park. Has he ever really let anyone down on the park ?

27 minutes ago, Red White & Blue said:

By all accounts he's been a great influence in te Burnley dressing room this season and has seemed to calm down his antics over the last few years

Yeah I heard someone say Sean Dyche has been really happy with him and he has changed these last few years. 

3 minutes ago, Alec87 said:

Correct me if I wrong but isn't all the madness to do with antics off the park. Has he ever really let anyone down on the park ?

Man City v QPR, last game of the season - he lost the plot! :lol:

Good signing, and I think he will be good to have around the place.

5 minutes ago, Alec87 said:

Did you watch the final day of the Premiership season 11-12 when QPR were fighting relegation? 

On 11 May 2016 at 0:04 PM, blueretro said:

I would take the gates.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't all the madness to do with his antics off the park. Has he ever really let anyone down on the pitch ?

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

Some of you cunts are still living in 2010 :lol: The guy has completely matured and is no-where near as disruptive as he was, that's why Dyche who is basically Warburtons clone signed him. I think I am going to trust Warburton, Weir and McParlands judgement over anyones. 

Agreed. I doubt MW, Weir and McParland are  100% certain Barton is a changed personality. But im sure they(McParland mostly) have been in talks with Barton, and his agent for a while. They will have kept tabs on him and his performances. They'll have had enough positive feedback. Every signing is a risk. At some point we have to trust the management. I fully expect that wee extra calming word or two from MW in Barton's ear before his first old-firm game. It's only natural for a player who will be targetted.

15 minutes ago, King Jela said:

So is Barton :lol: 

Not according to Ricky Hatton (who is a tarrier, apparently). This is allegedly from an interview with Hatton in 2007 seen it quoted a few times but not sourced the original so far.

'Hatton was touched by the level of support that he
received in Las Vegas, among whom were Rio Ferdinand,
Joe Cole and Wes Brown. Did he see any blurring
between the sports of football and boxing?

"I have a lot of mates who are footballers, Robbie
(Fowler) and Joey (Barton) took me up to watch Rangers
as they are big fans
,''

3 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Not according to Ricky Hatton (who is a tarrier, apparently). This is allegedly from an interview with Hatton in 2008 seen it quoted a few times but not sourced the original so far.

'Hatton was touched by the level of support that he
received in Las Vegas, among whom were Rio Ferdinand,
Joe Cole and Wes Brown. Did he see any blurring
between the sports of football and boxing?

"I have a lot of mates who are footballers, Robbie
(Fowler) and Joey (Barton) took me up to watch Rangers
as they are big fans
,''

I've seen this also , don't know if I believe it tho 

Mental :lol: 

Barton is a class player on his day, haven't seen much of him this season due to punting my sky sports, but be interested to see how he performs. 

Should be influential in our midfield, lads like Holt, Windass etc can go on and perform knowing he's shoring up behind and is committed, will always look to play the ball into feet and get attacks started. Couple of cracking set piece takers we have now too. 

What a transfer window it's been and we're no even out of May :lol: