Joey Barton at Rangers training ground

WMT

Just now, daverfc13 said:

I've seen this also , don't know if I believe it tho 

Its been quoted on a fair few boxing threads around that time (it was late 2007). No reason for them to make it up I wouldn't have thought. The Septic thing seems to have come from a twitter reply to someone asking if he would consider joining them. He said he had always wanted to play in an Old Firm game so wouldn't be averse if Rangers were back in the SPL. 

He does seem to have finally learned to concentrate on football, although I still think he's a bit of a twitter twat.He did join Burnley when FMcP was there so I would guess he knows how stable an influence he is at the training ground. Ability wise I think he is showing some of his best form this season and definitely better than anything they have in a similar position.

4 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

If Barton can help us stopping the taigs getting 6 in a row, then get him fucking signed, bit of a header but you cant deny that he is a good player and will do a good job for us. 

It's not about stopping the taigs getting 6 in a row, it's about The Rangers getting 55.

This is an interesting article and it sounds like MW would be the ideal manager for him.

'Dyche was this week put in the top two English managers by Sir Alex Ferguson, alongside Pardew.

But having worked for both following his move to Burnley in August, Barton believes he has found the pick of the lot in Dyche.

“I think it’s there for all to see,” said the midfielder. “I’d honestly have to say he’s probably the best I’ve worked for. I really believe that his attention to detail, the man-management - it’s kind of an old term in football now but just the way he goes about it, he has a clear vision of how he wants the players within the team to operate and also how the team is to operate then.

“The guidelines are there for all of us.

“If you want to be successful club then there’s a clear path and a clear route how you’re going to do that; it’s communicated well, the quality control on a daily basis is there.

“It’s a really positive environment.

“I say this as someone who’s had experiences to the contrary.

“It’s not a place where you’re worrying about anything other than getting better at football and turning in football performances, which is not always the way in this industry.

“It’s been a breath of fresh air.

“I actually get out of the car every morning delighted to be here. I feel incredibly humbled and privileged to be a part of it.

“For me I’ve played a small part so far. I think I’ve got a huge contribution and hopefully I can start to showcase what I’m about as an individual within this really solid team.”'

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/14094454.Joey_Barton_declares_Burnley_boss_Sean_Dyche_the_best_manager_he_has_worked_with/

Looking past the negatives, i recon he'd be a great influence on young Rossiter but again what are we going to be paying him??? Can't see it being less than 20k a week. So give or take a minimum of £1M a year (+ bonuses) on a 2 year contract? £2M just to wind up the tims at worst. Get him signed :D

Playing Rossiter and Barton against broon = lots of LOLs. :D:D:D

14 minutes ago, Lidl said:

Joey Barton is a wanker. Hope he doesn't sign. 

This may be true but he Is a very good footbissues would have been gone overller who has been playing out his skin for the last year for MWs best pal. Im sure all homework and Issues would have been gone over long before now. Scott Brown will try and fail to bully JB as he doesnt give a feck about self proclaimed pocket hardmen.

18 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Mental :lol: 

Barton is a class player on his day, haven't seen much of him this season due to punting my sky sports, but be interested to see how he performs. 

Should be influential in our midfield, lads like Holt, Windass etc can go on and perform knowing he's shoring up behind and is committed, will always look to play the ball into feet and get attacks started. Couple of cracking set piece takers we have now too. 

What a transfer window it's been and we're no even out of May :lol: 

The mind boggles who our CF signing might be.

29 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Not according to Ricky Hatton (who is a tarrier, apparently). This is allegedly from an interview with Hatton in 2007 seen it quoted a few times but not sourced the original so far.

'Hatton was touched by the level of support that he
received in Las Vegas, among whom were Rio Ferdinand,
Joe Cole and Wes Brown. Did he see any blurring
between the sports of football and boxing?

"I have a lot of mates who are footballers, Robbie
(Fowler) and Joey (Barton) took me up to watch Rangers
as they are big fans
,''

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Del said:

The guy has just had a great season, played over 30times for the English Championship winners and was voted in all the Championship team of the season by the players...

But aye, all the expert scouts on here know better, hes shite, not what we need, what are the management team thinking!

Totally spot on.We all know we need some bite in midfield and this forum has witnessed many various rants on the very subject.Potentially we may have at least one  solution to this but still that's not good enough for some.Anyway we do have a great track record of signing the odd midfield player with how shall I put it..........character and for the most part they have done us proud.

9 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Looking past the negatives, i recon he'd be a great influence on young Rossiter but again what are we going to be paying him??? Can't see it being less than 20k a week. So give or take a minimum of £1M a year (+ bonuses) on a 2 year contract? £2M just to wind up the tims at worst. Get him signed :D

Playing Rossiter and Barton against broon = lots of LOLs. :D:D:D

I asked that. Again, how can we afford him?

3 minutes ago, Barasa said:

I asked that. Again, how can we afford him?

From FF

He is staying in Glasgow tonight and back in for talks tomorrow.

Dorrans is definitely in negotiations thats all I know of that.

As for the money side of things - he was on £13,000 per week at Burnley and has said this in the past, after signing for QPR for the money:

After that went wrong I swore I would never make a financial decision again in my life and that was the great thing about Burnley. If he had come out and said you are on 50 pence a week I didn’t care. I just wanted to be in a place where I felt the environment was right, I felt everyone was pulling in the right direction and I am really excited about what the future holds for me and for Burnley