Joey Barton at Rangers training ground

WMT

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I'm no angel but I've never put a fag out in someone's eye or battered a defenceless guy with my mates because I was steaming. And if that wasn't bad enough he's an open taig. Fuck that. 

After Danny Mills and Bradley Wright-Phillips set his shirt on fire...

High jinx taken too far. shit happens, as for other incident were you there? for all the cunts who claim they got assaulted for fuck all how many probably deserved it?

12 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Why would we want to tame him? He's combative - playing well - just the steel we need and his record is no where near as bad as folk make out. 

My biggest concern is the scrutiny he will be under from the press in Scotland and how he handles it.  On the field he may be just what we need.

1 minute ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

High jinx taken too far. shit happens, as for other incident were you there? for all the cunts who claim they got assaulted for fuck all how many probably deserved it?

It's on video :lol: him and his mates punching fuck out a guy who's just laying there. It's on YouTube, didn't need to be there. 

2 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I've never liked the guy because of his family's background and his own personal violent history.

But, if he gives 100% every week and plays for the jersey, I'm sure he'll grow on me.

Like a genital wart

Just now, wewillfollowrangers said:

It wasn't Danny Mills or Bradley Wright-Phillips that set his shirt on fire. It was the lad who he supposedly stubbed the cigar out on. It was Danny Mills cigar he picked up and he reckons he was looking to burn the lads shirt when the lad turned round. 

The incident was a long time ago and it does seem from a couple of recent reports (Sean Dyche and Michael Keane are quoted) that he has been nothing but a positive influence at Burnley.

Just now, King Jela said:

It's on video :lol: him and his mates punching fuck out a guy who's just laying there. It's on YouTube, didn't need to be there. 

And you know for fact why it happened the full proper story? not the court story or the guy trying to get compen story the actual story.

These things dont happen for fuck all reason.

Duncan Ferguson was convicted of punching and kicking a supporter on crutches before he signed for us.

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

It wasn't Danny Mills or Bradley Wright-Phillips that set his shirt on fire. It was the lad who he supposedly stubbed the cigar out on. It was Danny Mills cigar he picked up and he reckons he was looking to burn the lads shirt when the lad turned round. 

The incident was a long time ago and it does seem from a couple of recent reports (Sean Dyche and Michael Keane are quoted) that he has been nothing but a positive influence at Burnley.

I stand corrected, point still stands though , high jinx that got out of hand.

Just now, harlands plater said:

So if his life at Burnley is so wonderful and he was POTY, why is he not going to be playing for them in the Premiership next season?

I hope this comes to nothing.

Have you not read any of the threads about him? He wants a longer contract, Burnley are only offering him a one year deal.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Two of his 'mates' are women. There is obviously some exchange before the guy walks towards him and Barton and one of the girls over react. Its over within a very short space of time and alludes to his well documented anger management issues but the guy isnt, just laying there as you suggest. the first move is made by the guy who Barton punches. He over reacts for sure but you needed to be there to hear the exchange leading up to the fracas.

7 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

So if his life at Burnley is so wonderful and he was POTY, why is he not going to be playing for them in the Premiership next season?

I hope this comes to nothing.

Cause every club he goes to every body detests the guy , its a bonkers signing if it goes through.

12 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

My biggest concern is the scrutiny he will be under from the press in Scotland and how he handles it.  On the field he may be just what we need.

Fair point - but I've heard him chat on the radio and he has matured - it would be interesting and perhaps warburton and he can make it a very interesting signing -  he also will provide on the park leadership for the developing lads 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Cause every club he goes to every body detests the guy , its a bonkers signing if it goes through.

Burnley fans far from detest him :lol: Grow up and get over the past, I suppose you don't want Lee Wallace playing for us since he was charged when he was younger? 

Just now, sassaaaa said:

They like him at Burnley, Michael Keane was very complimentary about him and he was obviously popular enough to be voted the clubs Player of the Year. You really didn't think that through did you?doh