Why is the actual badge never on the Rangers jersey?

2 hours ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Someone joins our forum n they get pelters n called a taig... Topics on transfers turn into slagging matches... We should have a thread purely for arguments... Can we no just stay on topic n welcome new posters???

We'd need one for the five-minute argument and one for the full half hour.  

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, govanblue said:

The fact that I have to ask tells me all I need to know. :P

You'll notice I'm only cynical towards new posters starting a thread with their first post.  Never trust anyone that does that.  They're not here for the community, that's for sure.

Could be that they have never used a forum before, and that's how they perceive how it works. It's not crazy to suggest that when you join a forum you post on it, about a subject that the forum is there for. 

We don't need to jump on everyone's throat as anyone from that mob will out themselves sooner or later. 

11 hours ago, govanblue said:

It doesn't really answer it, except that it was ever thus. :D

Might as well ask why we don't wear bananas on our shoulders.

That ones actually easier to answer.While playing in  a professional league both teams must wear different and easily distinguishable strips.

not allowed to play in just skins!

11 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If it doesn't say Glasgow Rangers  its a fake badge.

PM the poster Briton and he will tell you the background.

Looks like I have upset somebody.  Poor wee soul.

9 hours ago, RyanMac said:

Could be that they have never used a forum before, and that's how they perceive how it works. It's not crazy to suggest that when you join a forum you post on it, about a subject that the forum is there for. 

We don't need to jump on everyone's throat as anyone from that mob will out themselves sooner or later. 

Its a trait of taig posters to join and then within 5 posts start some controversial thread or some fishing thread or s thread like "look at this! how much does it offend you!" just looking for arguments.

IMO you shouldnt be able to start a topic unless you have somewhere between 500-1000 posts. Would ensure this sort of thing doesnt happen. But its been happening a lot lately, someone joins and with one of their first posts starts a thread asking some daft question which makes folk suspicious.

If someones new to the forum they should maybe take a look around first before jumping in and asking questions that were discussed only a week or so ago on here.

There should be a subforum for new members, like a lounge you go into where you can only join the rest of the forum after a certain amount of posts. Does my fucking tits in when some eejit joins, asks a daft question then spends three pages giving it "im no a taig" "some forum this is" "is this how you treat a fellow fan?" and telling everyone to fuck themselves because they cant take a wee but of abuse.

I've heard some people claiming Rangers are the only club that doesn't use their standard badge on the kit but I'm pretty sure I've seen some Brazilian and Asian clubs using simplified or historic badges on kits and many clubs have used versions of historic badges on kits.

We've never used the club badge on the kit (other than on labels and the little attachment labels that sometimes appear on the bottom of shirts) and the scroll lettering has always been our standard shirt badge.

Using lettering over a club badge isn't that unusual and many clubs did that in the 60s and 70s. Most had some kind of official badge but didn't use it on the kit.

14 hours ago, govanblue said:

Generic new members who join the site and immediately start a fishing thread or an "I want something from you, but I'm offering nothing in return" thread.

No hellos, no making friends, it just makes me suspicious of their motives and/or their character.

I'm maybe just being overly-suspicious after giving that bitch all my cup final tickets. :P

what's this?

28 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Personally glad we don't use the other anyway the scroll badge always will be the first image I think of when I think anything Rangers related 

Yip its a much nicer and more unique badge.

2 hours ago, Willis said:

Its a trait of taig posters to join and then within 5 posts start some controversial thread or some fishing thread or s thread like "look at this! how much does it offend you!" just looking for arguments.

IMO you shouldnt be able to start a topic unless you have somewhere between 500-1000 posts. Would ensure this sort of thing doesnt happen. But its been happening a lot lately, someone joins and with one of their first posts starts a thread asking some daft question which makes folk suspicious.

If someones new to the forum they should maybe take a look around first before jumping in and asking questions that were discussed only a week or so ago on here.

There should be a subforum for new members, like a lounge you go into where you can only join the rest of the forum after a certain amount of posts. Does my fucking tits in when some eejit joins, asks a daft question then spends three pages giving it "im no a taig" "some forum this is" "is this how you treat a fellow fan?" and telling everyone to fuck themselves because they cant take a wee but of abuse.

I agree with this in part. I think there should be a threshold before you can start a new post but something in the 100-200 range seems about right. Alternatively - I don't know how busy the admins/mods are in their daily life but maybe posts by new members should be put in moderation and need to be approved.

I don't agree with a subforum for new members - you're either a Rangers supporter who should be on here and in the mix with everyone else or you're not, and should be banned.

From my own point of view, I wouldn't dream of starting a new post as a new member or a low poster unless it was something really really important. And if it's that important, I would doubt very much whether I'm the first Bear to hear about it. Possible, but highly unlikely.

It just seemed to me that I should behave on here like you would in any new group. Stay in the background, suss it out, don't be a fanny attracting unwanted attention to yourself and only speak when you've got something to say. Over time, you build up some credibility and get more involved. But maybe that's just me :)

It needs to be higher than a couple hundred posts otherwise the taigs just put "I agree" a hundred times in different threads to get their count up

2 hours ago, Willis said:

It needs to be higher than a couple hundred posts otherwise the taigs just put "I agree" a hundred times in different threads to get their count up

That still wouldn't stop the cunts, let's be honest. 

40 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I agree....

Would cut the amount of threads like this down tho.

A few Tims is alright, I like abusing them. But constant shitposts from newembers does my tits in

Do it based on reputation/ vouched for by known member.

I don't mind the new members posting personally. We would have missed some things like Lee Welsh and Joshua Burns needing help had it been in place I think.

Just now, Smile said:

The ones that piss me off just now are the ones with the Cup tickets sob stories.

"Me and my daughter attended every home game this season but we only have 1 ticket, so could anyone help me and my princess out with another ticket so we can celebrate together like it was meant to be?"

NAW

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

The ones that piss me off just now are the ones with the Cup tickets sob stories.

This. "ive not got a ST but let me tell you a story to prove that I deserve and OF ticket more than anyone else"

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I've got two, and I'm sobbing with laughter at those sob stories .............. suck my cock it's blackpool rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!