Left Back ?

Davy

Who Would You Play ?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which One ?

• Ian Murray
    • Sasa Papac
    • Kirk Broadfoot

Assuming Stevie Smith will be fit fairly soon into the new season and we don't sign a new left-back, which one of our current squad would you play there untill Stevie's return ?

I would go with Ian Murray, although I don't think he's good enough. The best of a bad bunch.

I don't like Papac at all, and I wouldn't mind seeing the back of him. Simply not good enough, IMO.

I think people are kidding themseleves on about Broadfoot playing at left-back aswell. Whilst he could probably fill in there, it is not his natural position.

So who would you like to see fill in their untill Smith is fit, assuming we don't sign anyone else ?

It's not even a debate imo. Murray's not really good enough for the long haul, but heads and shoulders above the other two there in LB.

Assuming Stevie Smith will be fit fairly soon into the new season and we don't sign a new left-back, which one of our current squad would you play there untill Stevie's return ?

I would go with Ian Murray, although I don't think he's good enough. The best of a bad bunch.

I don't like Papac at all, and I wouldn't mind seeing the back of him. Simply not good enough, IMO.

I think people are kidding themseleves on about Broadfoot playing at left-back aswell. Whilst he could probably fill in there, it is not his natural position.

So who would you like to see fill in their untill Smith is fit, assuming we don't sign anyone else ?

Papac has been a revelation under Walter Smith. What games have you been watching?

Murray is a decent utility player, nothing more.

Smith never mentioned Broadfoot for left back. That was the press.

KB is not a LB, never was never will be - he doesnt have the pace. He was bought as a center half and should be employed there.

If cover at LB is an issue - then we need to go get a dedicated LB.

This position has been our Achilles Heel since Arthur Newman departed, and while we all hope Smithy makes a full recovery soon - we really need quality here. For too long we have put people in there to "do a job" but quite frankly for a club the size of us and the ambitions we have...

thats just not good enough

Do you not think that he signed Broadfoot with a view to using him there anyway? I can't see us signing another LB but I'm up for being proved wrong. :)

Nope - he signed him as long term CH. Ive seen him a few times at LB for St. Mirren and he was awful - granted he had pish beside him - but a blind man can see he is never a LB

However, I reckon we may still sign another left back and that Ian Murray may be moved on.

I hope your right. Like to see a quality LB brought in.

Papac has been a revelation under Walter Smith. What games have you been watching?

Murray is a decent utility player, nothing more.

Smith never mentioned Broadfoot for left back. That was the press.

What games have I been watching ? All of them, unfortunatly.

Papac was on form, yes. But he is not good enough.

papac did well in the latter stages of the season. it takes time to settle, usually over a season and I would hope for better from him next season.

we know what we will get from murray and it's not good enough.

Gotta be Papac for me.

I don't how people can say yes he was good in the second half of the seaosn, but he still is not good enough. We were playing (in terms of results) with title challenging form from Januray to May and he was one of our best players, so on that basis whta is there to say that he can't do it for a whole season?

Papac wa smince from August-Januray, but I truly believe that was through no fault of his own. I don't want to say it, but I think he will suprise a lot of people this year.

Gotta be Papac for me.

I don't how people can say yes he was good in the second half of the seaosn, but he still is not good enough. We were playing (in terms of results) with title challenging form from Januray to May and he was one of our best players, so on that basis whta is there to say that he can't do it for a whole season?

Papac wa smince from August-Januray, but I truly believe that was through no fault of his own. I don't want to say it, but I think he will suprise a lot of people this year.

A lot of people are saying he was great towards the end of the season. I disagree. He done OK, but thats it. No more, no less.

He has done very little to prove to me that he is good enough, I have to be honest.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though, and I really hope he does prove me wrong.

(tu)