The vanguard bears

Apparently it's them who let off smoke bombs and sing ole ole nonsense :lol:

I've just seen the lads being described as an "ultras" group in the record :lol: knowing some of the guys in the vb they're anything but ultras. Auld Bassas like Carsons army :P bouncing about to super Rangers ole and letting off smoke bombs does make me laugh thinking about it.

But aye vb proper Rangers ultras 

Now regardless of what we think in reality about sections of this country or components within it and regardless of how we personally view allegations laid at our door, we are all aware of the narrative in this country presently. With this in mind this is page 5 of today's Daily Record and ask yourself what underlying message is trying to be conveyed beyond the fact.

page5record_VB.jpg

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Apparently it's them who let off smoke bombs and sing ole ole nonsense :lol:

I've just seen the lads being described as an "ultras" group in the record :lol: knowing some of the guys in the vb they're anything but ultras. Auld Bassas like Carsons army :P bouncing about to super Rangers ole and letting off smoke bombs does make me laugh thinking about it.

But aye vb proper Rangers ultras 

Very lazy journalism ( no shit Sherlock) but your description / mind pictures of auld yind doing ole made me laugh! 

20 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Do anyone think the amount of smoke around the goals and the bang had any contribution to their goal?

Asked myself the same question at the time.  TBH it then became a small point amongst everything else that unfolded.

I don't think it did as Wes didn't even glance back however whilst there is much to admire about what the UB lads do they should think about that in the future.

6 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

I know for a fact it wasnt VB that lets smoke bombs off as I was in the next row to them it was further down the front

I'm not being serious mate. It was more a laugh at the records mention of them being ultras. 

4 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

The Vanguard Bears must surely be the only ultras that choose the written word and legal/peaceful activism over violent right-wing hooliganism and that being the case they should be commended by the world at large.

Exactly,even then the likes of the DR have to put thinly veiled digs in and make references to the battle of the boyne. Its shite like them who have kept the hatred against us up to the point we're at. Say something enough times and it becomes "fact" and thats whats happened with us. 

Ultras :lol:

Is this the same Vanguard Ultras that according to the media were solely responsible for the trouble in Glasgow after the referendum? Fucking shite journalism as usual.

52 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

The Vanguard Bears must surely be the only ultras (as they have been described) that choose the written word and legal/peaceful activism over violent right-wing hooliganism and that being the case they should be commended by the world at large.

No but 1690, this date is offensive compared with all other dates, people are offended. We must remember that anything protestant, unionist or loyalist is vulgar and oppressive. Trying to silence freedom of expression and the right to be supportive of cultural difference, now there is a story

45 minutes ago, Badger said:

The DR should really look up the meaning of the word Ultra.

So should the rest of Scottish football, theres no ultras in this country

55 minutes ago, sydbear said:

Could The VBs note sue them or demand a written apology?

51 minutes ago, bluedart1952 said:

They probably could, but the apology would be put somewhere hard to see and would fit in a postage stamp.

:lol: I highly doubt you can sue someone for calling you an Ultra, you daft fucking ultras.

And from what I can see the paper didnt say anything slanderous. Still, fuck the DR

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Do anyone think the amount of smoke around the goals and the bang had any contribution to their goal?

Nah big Robs fault for no closing the terroist fuck down. He made the exact same mistake later on in the game and was lucky not to conceded another goal