Be Patient Lads

Muff

full article:

Be Patient Lads

by Lindsay Herron

RANGERS skipper Barry Ferguson has urged signing targets Stevie Naismith and Lee McCulloch to be patient as they seek to win moves to Ibrox.

Barry Ferguson in new away kitWalter Smith has made no secret that he wants to snap up McCulloch from Wigan and Naismith from Kilmarnock to further bolster his squad having already made seven new signings for the 2007/08 campaign.

So far Rangers and Wigan have been unable to agree on a deal for McCulloch while Rangers withdrew their offer to Killie for Naismith after Kilmarnock asked for more money.

Ferguson, who was promoting the new away kit today, is hopeful that deals can be done to get both players and has enouraged the two players to sit tight.

The skipper said: "I know what they are going through. I had the same experience when I was trying to get back to Rangers from Blackburn and the thing seemed to drag on for ever.

"I know they are both desperate to come here but they have to be patient. They need to be professional and continue to work hard and hopefully everything can be sorted out."

Ferguson and McCulloch have been friends since childhood and they are team mates in the international set-up while the skipper would also welcome the capture of Naismith, who has collected Young Player of the Year awards in each of the last two seasons.

There are twists and turns on the way, but I like the fact that neither of them has taken a big strop and refused to play for their respective clubs. Shows they have a bit of honour.

There are twists and turns on the way, but I like the fact that neither of them has taken a big strop and refused to play for their respective clubs. Shows they have a bit of honour.

Totally agree Bazza, it show's what we are made of, WATP

Guest Euronymous
but I like the fact that neither of them has taken a big strop and refused to play for their respective clubs. Shows they have a bit of honour.

Unlike Faubert.

(tu)

however, i'd still take Naismith over McCulloch.

Whit the feck is he oan aboot and he is talking on behalf of who.....

Jist heard him on RC

Murray n Wattie.... ''Barry get yerself oot there, maybe the fans will swally it if you say something''