BAN the Daily Record

Bhudda

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Yes but he won't be a decision maker on the copy .He will be in charge of the distribution most likely .Even GCC have a few token "H***" Usually on a short contract 

Exactly mate, its kinda like how the EDL isnt racist because they have that one mentally ill pakistani member.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Willis said:

I used to think "maybe I'm just bias and looking at it with bluentinted goggles" till he assured me I wasn't. He's quite high up in the place as well apparently

And of course we are all bias .The only difference we are all pretty honest with it .These cunts will stoop to every level to bad mouth and slander us .That's why it just bugs me when good bears are accused of "taig behaviour ' Fight fire with fire on occasion .That is the only way we will beat these bastards 

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And of course we are all bias .The only difference we are all pretty honest with it .These cunts will stoop to every level to bad mouth and slander us .That's why it just bugs me when good bears are accused of "taig behaviour ' Fight fire with fire on occasion .That is the only way we will beat these bastards 

Exactly and is primarily why my blood boils when fannys come on here and try to profess why we shouldn't bait them forr their many failings.

The allegations made are extremely serious and this needs acted upon .

If the club were to publicly urge fans not to buy the Record it could be extremely serious for the survival of the paper . 

Banning them isn't good enough for me . A full retraction needs issued by the record  . If not the board should come out and ask bears to stop buying this sectarian bigot of a paper . 

If there is ANY truth in the article in the Daily Record, I would suggest that there must be plenty of CCTV footage of the carnage from shops, businesses, buses etc etc on Cathcart Rd, Prospecthill Rd. It's easy enough for the Old Bill to get such footage when investigating lesser disturbances as is alledged were being committed by our supporters and their children. So come on, SHOW US THE EVIDENCE.

4 minutes ago, True Azure said:

If there is ANY truth in the article in the Daily Record, I would suggest that there must be plenty of CCTV footage of the carnage from shops, businesses, buses etc etc on Cathcart Rd, Prospecthill Rd. It's easy enough for the Old Bill to get such footage when investigating lesser disturbances as is alledged were being committed by our supporters and their children. So come on, SHOW US THE EVIDENCE.

tumblr_mzg7tbHPT91ruqqm0o1_250.gif

2 hours ago, Land Rover said:

The allegations made are extremely serious and this needs acted upon .

If the club were to publicly urge fans not to buy the Record it could be extremely serious for the survival of the paper . 

Banning them isn't good enough for me . A full retraction needs issued by the record  . If not the board should come out and ask bears to stop buying this sectarian bigot of a paper . 

This has to be a watershed moment

The Rangers on Tour facebook page just shared a Daily Record link.

:drugang:

What will it take for some of our fucking idiot fans to stop promoting a publication run by Celtic fans that consistently smear the club and it's support.

12 hours ago, Bhudda said:

It's time to place an indefinite ban on the Daily Record.  

They are much worse than the BBC yet we banned them.  

I would urge gers fans to fire off an email to the club with your disgust at today's DR article in which our fans are falsely accused of using tactics "only seen in northern ireland" to obstruct police officers in the line of duty.

I've complained to the club several times before about the conduct of the Record.  Sometimes over sly thinly veiled digs, sometimes not so much.  I even recall them  "tagging" a story about us with the keyword "fascism" in the past.  You'd think ill Phil 3 names worked there with that kind of baiting.

Our club released a statement that they will not accept any criticism of our fans in light of the scenes on Saturday.  Time to put the board to the test on that one. Indefinite BAN on the Daily Record and all it's journ.... tabloid-level rats.

No chance, they are in bed with the board

I Love all this but we are forgetting one thing . Murray is in his seat because of the rebel .

He used them .They used him . It was a marriage of convenience .

It's time Paul filed for  divorce . Every bear would back you .

You would even find many new admirers

Remember  you owe them fuck all .

Haven't bought the Rebel for about ten years, then i stopped having a free sneaky peek in Asda. Don't read it online and wont click the link either.

Ban the c@nts from Ibrox, that's all we can do now.

I would urge gers fans to fire off an email to the club with your disgust at today's DR article in which our fans are falsely accused of using tactics "only seen in northern ireland" to obstruct police officers in the line of duty.

I've complained to the club several times before about the conduct of the Record.  Sometimes over sly thinly veiled digs, sometimes not so much.  I even recall them  "tagging" a story about us with the keyword "fascism" in the past.  You'd think ill Phil 3 names worked there with that kind of baiting.

Our club released a statement that they will not accept any criticism of our fans in light of the scenes on Saturday.  Time to put the board to the test on that one. Indefinite BAN on the Daily Record and all it's journ.... tabloid-level rats.

Just don't buy it! 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Just don't buy it! 

Circulation figures make little difference, they make their money in advertising, unfortunately many will always buy it so doubt it'd make a big difference.

Think they want us to ban it, it'll just give the journos most reason to unite against us.

They should absolutely be held to task on this though and i certainly hope they are, wonder who will stand up for us outside the club in the face of blatant police lies?

Spot on mate! ??

Well the board should back the fans and ban this rag or maybe Paul Murray will have to resign as this can't go on   

Paul needs to defend the fans at all costs, we expect a statement banning them and legal action against the reporter and the paper.  

They want to tell lies then hit them in the pocket and sue the arse of them 

2 hours ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Today's front and back page of the Record is an advert for SCS (sofas), make of that what you will as to their direction as a publication.   

They also dedicate the frontband back pages to comments made by the CEO in which he says illicit singing isn't as bad as invading the field.... some scoop.

They should dedicate the front and back to the big scoop that DR journalist Jane Hamilton is an outed bigot.

11 hours ago, TheBluebells said:

Circulation figures make little difference, they make their money in advertising, unfortunately many will always buy it so doubt it'd make a big difference.

Think they want us to ban it, it'll just give the journos most reason to unite against us.

They should absolutely be held to task on this though and i certainly hope they are, wonder who will stand up for us outside the club in the face of blatant police lies?

people advertise in it because they know people buy it and hence see their adverts.If it was out there that EVERY Rangers fan and their friends and family were not going to buy this piece of shit anymore the people who advertise would then be thinking about getting a better return on their advertising costs thus driving the rags revenue down even further.Hopefully driving it into the ground where it belongs.

Yes, ban them

Newspapers are dependant on advertisers for their existence - not sales or hits.

If advertisers receive thousands of complaints from Rangers supporters about their company advertizing in the rag - affecting sales of their product, just watch how fast the daily rhecord change their bias tune.

8 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

Yes, ban them

Newspapers are dependant on advertisers for their existence - not sales or hits.

If advertisers receive thousands of complaints from Rangers supporters about their company advertizing in the rag - affecting sales of their product, just watch how fast the daily rhecord change their bias tune.

Sales go down and internet hits go down , who the hell will pay for advertising.   Urge fans not to buy the print copy and do not go near their website. 

7 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Sales go down and internet hits go down , who the hell will pay for advertising.   Urge fans not to buy the print copy and do not go near their website. 

Of course, but thousands of punters or supporters groups emailing advertisers who advertise in it, telling them your not buying their product is very effective and should be included as part of the strategy.

2 minutes ago, baxterboy said:

Of course, but thousands of punters or supporters groups emailing advertisers who advertise in it, telling them your not buying their product is very effective and should be included as part of the strategy.

And if we can get our own board to join the cause we can bring down the DR without banning them, be great to put them out of business.

Curious, has anyone ever known a Rangers-minded individual who has worked for or works for the Daily Courageous?

If the board come out with a short statement to ask fans not to buy the rhecord,along with announcing a ban of their journalists from our home games,then watch as they panic and backtrack.

The negative publicity will damage their advertising sales and make them think twice should the ban be lifted.

Fuck them,they don't hesitate to paint us in a bad light so its swings and roundabouts.