Capacity increase

lancedeangers1

Guest The Brown Brogue

Ibrox is fine capacity wise IMO, what needs to improve is the atmosphere.

Another 5 or 10 thousand people sitting in silence won't do anyone any good.

Fill it, if we're winning yes, I can't remember the figures but I think we are limited with how many extra seats we can put in, due to building constrictions.

What are we at the moment 51,900? I think the maximum they could raise it to, by removing the large screens and lowering the playing field is to 57,000?

(tu)

our stadium is a beast as it is

but we have one of the worst home supports iv ever seen

our home support is not that bad, when you see your man citys and blackburns, they cant even fill their stadiums playing against the likes of arsenals

us playing against premiership sides every second week would be like a european tie, atmosphere would be great and the stadium would be full regardless if it was manchester united or birmingham. but thats not gonna happen anytime soon :(

It would do the finances some good.

The stadium is very likely to be developed over the next 3 years.

The Copland and Broomloan stands will recieve their own 'Bar 72s' and it's likely that the Jumbotron screens will be removed to fill in those corners to increase the capacity to around 57,000.

Our stadium is superb and we should be proud of it but record season ticket sales over the last 3 years (despite the poor performances) suggests increasing the capacity would be a good idea given the fact we're £5million down on Celtic every year in terms of financial profitability from our stadia.

Prior to leaving Scotland for OZ 3 years ago Rangers had asked for some reports and prices on various ways of expanding the stadium. I would rather Rangers played it tight in the transfer market and extended the stadium and invested some of the money on growing our global brand this would allow us to eventually reinvest in the playing staff via higher generated income. I also believe that UEFA are under pressure from member countries like Scotland who have a couple of big teams but dont have the financial clout, to get a euro league up and running. This we need to forward plan for and extending the stadium is a good place to start.

Look at the transfer budget and tell me that we can afford to build a new tier on the Govan. Even if we could get a major sponsorship deal to help foot the bill I just think we have better things to spend our money on at the moment.

Having said that I do take the point that septics extra 10K every other week is a significant advantage, although as time goes by that will be more than offset by the mounting costs of maintaining breezeblock boulevard since it was such a cheap build (tu)