Credit to the ROI fans today

jcb

Was in Kosovo in 2002, during the World Cup. Their army had a base just outside Lipjan. The hospitality shown to us was first rate. I was in their bar the day of the Spain v RoI match. Fantastic atmosphere, even though they eventually lost. They also knew I was a Rangers fan - the worst I got was some friendly banter. The rest couldn't have cared less. Great bunch of blokes. 

6 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Credit where it's due ... nice to see the good face of football for a change at the Euro's  :541:

Wait until our game v Motherwell on 16/07.The bile and hatred directed towards us will begin and this gesture will be but a distant memory. I predict we will witness unsurpassed levels of bitterness this season.

59 minutes ago, jcb said:

Wait until our game v Motherwell on 16/07.The bile and hatred directed towards us will begin and this gesture will be but a distant memory. I predict we will witness unsurpassed levels of bitterness this season.

Yeah we will but it will come from Scotland not Ireland

5 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Met folk from Cork and Limerick on different holidays and got on great with them. Although a guy I knew from here, a Cetic-supporting RC,  lived in Dublin for a few years and told me there were some areas of the city where there was plenty of support for the terrorists.

Definitely, Just look at Anthony Stokes.

Seen this on Twitter earlier.

To France to dance and cheer
He went to see his national team
In a place he'd never been
To support the boys in green

With friends and fellow supporters
They wooed the worlds reporters 
The opposition applauded 
As their behavior it was lauded

From the town of the 7 Towers
He would chant and sing
'We're not Brazil We're Northern Ireland'
To his sporting stars.

A son of dear old Ulster
His name will be immortalized 
The chant of Dar Dar will be made
Remembering the young man from the braid

France has taken many a young Ulsterman
All remembered fondly each minute of the day
Our Dar Dar sleeps calmly with that band
As he watches Northern Ireland Play.

Forever in our thoughts
Darren Rodgers - Football Fan 

3 minutes ago, ranter said:

Met a member of the guarda in our holiday hotel in 1977 at the height of the troubles. Couldn't meet a nicer bloke. He hated the ira and the trouble they caused both sides of the border. 

The cunts killed a good few Guarda down south.

I just can't stomach them cause their end always looks like a Celtic away end

But credit where it's due, that's a fantastic gesture and it looks like everyone joined in. 

It does seem most Irish football fans follow the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool. Very rare you see an Ireland flag at a Celtic game that's actually owned by an actual Irish person 

This article changed my view of the Irish. The fact that it was allowed to go to press in an Irish newspaper led me to believe that Ireland is a far more progressive society than Scotland. Had it been published in Scotland the taigs would have burnt the newspaper office to the ground.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/kevin-myers/riots-knifings-and-arson-happy-st-patricks-day-26522368.html

This article changed my view of the Irish. The fact that it was allowed to go to press in an Irish newspaper led me to believe that Ireland is a far more progressive society than Scotland. Had it been published in Scotland the taigs would have burnt the newspaper office to the ground.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/kevin-myers/riots-knifings-and-arson-happy-st-patricks-day-26522368.html

That was a good read , thanks. Together with what the ROI fans did at the Sweeden game,i have a new found respect for the ROI. 

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:47 PM, harlands plater said:

Met folk from Cork and Limerick on different holidays and got on great with them. Although a guy I knew from here, a Cetic-supporting RC,  lived in Dublin for a few years and told me there were some areas of the city where there was plenty of support for the terrorists.

Yes from small parts through Rebel Country Dundalk up to Belfast.

The further you go away from Dublin and shiteholes like Dundalk ,the more beautiful the place becomes .

And so do the people ,especially the ladies .Galway ,Kildare .Go to a race meeting ,you won't fail to pull

Bet if you did a poll in these places . The beggar support of the scum from eastend would be about 5/10%.

As I said before .They are all horse loving people ,Rugby . If it is football, then the favourite clubs would be Man Utd ,Liverpool 

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

Sadly I've always thought ROI fans would be no different from the plastic paddy's, but never in a million years would the darkside have shown respect in this way. 

The vast majority of real Irish people are pretty cool and regularly shake their heads at the antics of Glasgow's faux-Irish contingent. 

On 14/06/2016 at 11:33 AM, jcb said:

Agree 100%.

Nearly all the people from the ROI that i have spent time with were either Man Utd or Liverpool fans. As you rightly said none were interested in Celtic.

Too true. I visit customers regularly in Limerick and most follow Man U or Liverpool,then rugby.Remember that invite tournament in Dublin.at the Aviva Stadium a couple of years back.when Septic took on Liverpool?Heard them talking about being Ireland's biggest supported club.Turned out Liverpool fans outnumbered them at least 4 to 1. 

2 minutes ago, mabawsa said:

Too true. I visit customers regularly in Limerick and most follow Man U or Liverpool,then rugby.Remember that invite tournament in Dublin.at the Aviva Stadium a couple of years back.when Septic took on Liverpool?Heard them talking about being Ireland's biggest supported club.Turned out Liverpool fans outnumbered them at least 4 to 1. 

(tu) At least.

This gives you an idea...

lfc-celtic-aviva-stadium2-450x223.jpg

I read somewhere that they tie horses to lamp posts in Limerick, makes a change from tying a sheep to lamp posts in Aberdeen.

I believe they like most us Scots, unless we support the Queen's eleven and the Black and Tans.

Still hope James McClean's mob get fecked.

The gesture is a good one and they should be applauded for it.

But the suggestion that the bad element is exclusive to scottish plastic paddies is fucking bullshit and naive.

300,000 republicans in eire voted for sinn fein, the political wing of the ira terrorists - cunts like gerry adams, devlin, stokes and his faither.