Ferguson on SSN

Danny

Ok, first off I have no idea what the questions were, but the following sums up his answers:

He REALLY wants Naismith to join, and urges him to be patient.

He suggests McCulloch has to be patient too.

He believes we need around 4 or so significant new faces - and that Smith will know this. Also believes our squad is threadbare.

Sky seemed to imply he was saying this had to be done or we had NO chance of winning the SPL, but I didn't hear him say anything like that in the clips they showed.

I just heard Barry saying 'the gaffer knows we need 3 or 4 players' on STV

Aye I heard that too.

Well McCulloch and Naismith make two, so who is the other one, or two players

Similar to what was being reported on the official site:

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1069356,00.html

Unless that quote about being professional is from another comment he made, it's wrong.

He only said that about Lee McCulloch, not Naismith. It wasn't a plural comment.

Interesting :pipegreen:

Aye I heard that too.

Konchesky and a right winger hopefully (tu)

Well here's hoping mate. I would love Konchesky to sign.

I hope the right winger we are after is one better than Whittaker. I think he is a decent player but it is a big fall from Faubert to Whittaker

Aye I heard that too.

I hope the right winger we are after is one better than Whittaker. I think he is a decent player but it is a big fall from Faubert to Whittaker

I agree (tu) We need a natural right winger with pace, skill and the ability to cross a ball.

Aye I heard that too.

I agree (tu) We need a natural right winger with pace, skill and the ability to cross a ball.

Aye we do that mate. Unfortunately there aren't many for sale just now. But hopefully WS has something up his sleeve. A nice big surprise for us which will make us open our eyes in amazement of such a fantastic signing.

While i'm dreaming i'd like a farrari too :rolleyes:

Sky Sports :

Barry Ferguson has urged Rangers targets Steven Naismith and Lee McCulloch to stay professional.

Rangers boss Walter Smith set his sights on both players earlier this summer but has not been successful in pushing through a deal for either.

Kilmarnock have rejected four offers for Naismith and Smith now says he has withdrawn his interest in the forward.

Rangers have yet to meet Wigan's asking price for McCulloch even though they have been negotiating for some time.

Ferguson insists he can understand what the pair are going through after being forced to wait for his return to Ibrox, but he does not believe they should give up hope.

"I had the same situation when I was down the road at Blackburn," he said. "I had to wait for about six weeks.

"You have just got to be professional. That's what I did at Blackburn - you have just got to give 100 per cent every day at training and hope something will happen.

"I'm mates with big Lee, I grew up playing with Lee. He is another one that is desperate to come but he is in a similar situation as Steven Naismith.

"He has just got to be professional and go about his job in the right manner, work away at Wigan and see if something happens."

Ferguson missed pre-season 12 months ago after ankle surgery, but is fully fit this year and confident his side can have a successful campaign.

But he does concede that it will probably take a few more signings for Rangers to challenge Glasgow rivals Celtic.

Speaking at the launch of Rangers' new white and 'aubergine' away strip, Ferguson said: "We have got to be confident - there's a big difference in the changing room, it's a happy changing room. Everybody is buzzing.

"We have got the right man for the job now in Walter Smith and I'm sure he'll bring in the right players.

"I'm sure the manager knows himself he still needs three or four players, it's whether he can get them."

Aye I heard that too.

Aye we do that mate. Unfortunately there aren't many for sale just now. But hopefully WS has something up his sleeve. A nice big surprise for us which will make us open our eyes in amazement of such a fantastic signing.

:lol: Wattie is good in the transfer market and now we have a scout and Bomber is doing some work, I'm reasonably confident.

Aye I heard that too.

:lol: Wattie is good in the transfer market and now we have a scout and Bomber is doing some work, I'm reasonably confident.

Watty is good in the transfer market. I have all confidence in him. He can pull them out when we think he isn't going to.

I just hope he isn't considering Whittaker as an option on missing out on faubert

I suppose we'll hear something over the next couple of days.

IMO I would ratehr do without Naismith and have Fowler instead. Free transfer, then we can use the money saved and put it towards getting a better right winger

Aye I heard that too.

Watty is good in the transfer market. I have all confidence in him. He can pull them out when we think he isn't going to.

I just hope he isn't considering Whittaker as an option on missing out on faubert

IMO I would ratehr do without Naismith and have Fowler instead. Free transfer, then we can use the money saved and put it towards getting a better right winger

Whittaker is a good player IMO. Not as good as Faubert but he's not as dreadful as everybody's saying he is. I would like us to sign Naismith and Fowler but I doubt it.

Aye I heard that too.

Whittaker is a good player IMO. Not as good as Faubert but he's not as dreadful as everybody's saying he is. I would like us to sign Naismith and Fowler but I doubt it.

I completely agree. He is a good player, but as you say, not as good as Faubert.

I too would like to sign both but I don't think that willhappen. Out of the two I would prefer Fowler. That was the point I was trying to make. Didn't do too well though with it :craphead:

sounds like the stuff which has been in papers, SSN must be desperate if they are/were running it

I thinkt hey just like to show they are showing Scottish football news too, to keep us happy :D

I'm going to make quite a bold statement and say that 1 quality signing will win us the league.

We are a right-winger away from a great squad, providing no-one leaves, IMO.

I'm going to make quite a bold statement and say that 1 quality signing will win us the league.

We are a right-winger away from a great squad, providing no-one leaves, IMO.

I say 2.

LB also needs filling. Apart from that I actually agree with you.