Welcome To Rangers, Clint Hill.

Clemdog

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As we've seen (and said) we have a good young squad more than capable of playing good attacking football.

We lacked an experienced spine to the team last season, which at times cost us (dearly in the cup final).

We've hopefully now got that spine with Clint and Joey  ...Welcome to Rangers guys, you've just joined the best club you were ever at!!

After playing with them for a year, we'll hopefully see an immense improvement in the younger players (who won't be so inexperienced after another year of regular football!) and we won't need so many 'oldies'!

Headed in the right direction, Warbs!!

Hopefully revenge is just over the horizon.......

Onward and Upward. 

Never Forgive Never Forget

9 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I can understand the steadying of defense etc, I really do. I have chatted with people about this guy and he's a great leader and his communication is excellent. But what I don't understand in any way is how it fits our playing philosophy. He may well be adding strengths to our team which I have highlighted, but we have just received some weaknesses at the same time. He's very slow and not the best passer, that says to me when he's being played we need to sit deep or have a  large split between our midfield/attack and defense. One is hazardous and the other just isn't the Warburton thing to do.

Can we have a speedier defender in with him? Yeah of course, we've seen it work in the past. But It also means our CBs will easily be split up from each other, exposing our defense.

This is why I'm confused about this guy, he shouldn't fit in with any Warburton system.

Hope folk can make sense of what I'm trying to say.

I don't mean that Clint is the mainstay in our defence. He will bring experience into it along with the others who may still come in. We are moving into the top league here in Scotland and no matter how many on here tell us the rest of the teams are shite, we absolutely need to add steel to our defence to compete and challenge for 55. I do not know why DK or MW  are not spashing £millions atm but I am prepared to wait and see how the new guys slot into the team and see if we need more or better.

1 minute ago, True Azure said:

I don't mean that Clint is the mainstay in our defence. He will bring experience into it along with the others who may still come in. We are moving into the top league here in Scotland and no matter how many on here tell us the rest of the teams are shite, we absolutely need to add steel to our defence to compete and challenge for 55. I do not know why DK or MW  are not spashing £millions atm but I am prepared to wait and see how the new guys slot into the team and see if we need more or better.

Yeah totally, and I don't disagree at all with the strengths this guy brings he has definitely got something we can use. The only point I was trying to make is are those strengths really worth the possible liability he may be in our fast paced passing system.

I mean, do you not think we'd be better going for a no nonsense scottish defender who knows exactly what it's like to be playing in this league, who is a bit younger and will not cost a lot at all wage wise?

1 minute ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Hopefully he's not over the hill but all the best Clint, a Sudden Impact on broons or griffiths heid would be good ! :sherlock:

I'm sure all the medical and fitness checks have been done pre signing. All who have come in post Warburon and Weir have done well so I'll trust the new signings are just as good if not better.

How the hell did Clint Hill manage to speak to Warburton? According to those who know more about Rangers than any other club he's packed it in:lol:

Only in Scotland can the Rangers manager be subject to such idiotic claims from the rabid masses because he is on holiday or doing his pro licence:lol:

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Yeah totally, and I don't disagree at all with the strengths this guy brings he has definitely got something we can use. The only point I was trying to make is are those strengths really worth the possible liability he may be in our fast paced passing system.

I mean, do you not think we'd be better going for a no nonsense scottish defender who knows exactly what it's like to be playing in this league, who is a bit younger and will not cost a lot at all wage wise?

As I said. I do not know why the coaching staff do not sign a young Scottish PL defender, they must have their reasons and I suspect that proven quality will factor in the equasion as well as experience.

1 minute ago, True Azure said:

As I said. I do not know why the coaching staff do not sign a young Scottish PL defender, they must have their reasons and I suspect that proven quality will factor in the equasion as well as experience.

Sorry mate, i must have overlooked you saying that - i totally agree.

11 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Like Danny Wilson? :pipe:

14 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

given his lack of scoring ability i hope this is us planning to use the defence as far as the midfield and let the midfield attack with the top 2.

4-3-2-1 formation i reckon.

He might be a good sweeper, old fashioned sweeper in a modern formation any one?

Just now, AlBear85 said:

I doubt we'll be changing our philosophy or formation to suit one player on a one year deal.

FFS, what do you not understand about the possibility of Warburton changing his philosophy after seeing what Scottish football is all about and then signing this player? Simply a possibility.

To try and warp what people have been saying into something ridiculous to prove your point is Albear85x100.

I have not stated that I think that is exactly what has happened, I merely posted I'm worried something else might be going on here. That is it. :P

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

FFS, what do you not understand about the possibility of Warburton changing his philosophy after seeing what Scottish football is all about and then signing this player? Simply a possibility.

To try and warp what people have been saying into something ridiculous to prove your point is Albear85x100.

I have not stated that I think that is exactly what has happened, I merely posted I'm worried something else might be going on here. That is it. :P

Because our formation and philosophy has been implemented from our under 8 team up, as is the model of restructuring the club under MW.

I doubt we'll be rewriting the script after one year and putting in so much effort and investment in initiating the philosophy, especially not to suit one player on a one year deal.