• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

Mate your missing the point .

Sir David was an EPL class defender.

Caniggia was a World Cup winner beside Maradona.

Clint Hill however.....

Clint Hill's played a fair number of games in the EPL too, pretty sure he won QPR's player of the in the premier league aswell

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

You dont exactly have to be world class to be successful in Scotland, wonder if the boss has his eye on another central defender?

No you don't.  That's why I used the word "was" before each of the players I mentioned. They were both past there best yet were a standout in Scotland. Some pedigree though...

Just now, Gandalf the Blue said:

Just watched his interview. Says all the right things. Looks like another good addition to the dressing room if anything. Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

This for me is what people forget, it's not purely what players offer on the pitch. I think he's a good old fashioned centre back a typically British unforgiving centre back and that's so different from kiernan and Wilson. Hopefully some of that will rub off on them and give us better organisation at defending set pieces. Pace doesn't worry me as much as we'll have an actual DM this year to provide better protection for the centre backs.

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

No you don't.  That's why I used the word "was" before each of the players I mentioned. They were both past there best yet were a standout in Scotland. Some pedigree though...

Sadly the days of attracting that standard of player again is a long way off, sadly.

6 minutes ago, Barasa said:

We got a song yet?

To the tune of the famous Jose Mourinho chant:

Clint Hill's a pensioner, Clint Hill's a pensioner...

What chance has he got! A shrewd piece of business in my opinion. Someone who will make a big difference off the park as well as hopefully on it.

5 minutes ago, Barasa said:

We got a song yet?

They say I might as well face the truth.

That I'm just too long in the tooth.

I've started to deteriorate

And now I've passed my own sell-by date.

Oh I am no spring chicken it's true.

I have to pop my teeth in to chew.

And my old knees have started to knock.

I've just got too many miles on the clock.

So I'm a wrinkly, crinkly, set in my ways.

It's true my body as seen better days.

But give me half a chance and I can still misbehave.

One foot in the grave.

One foot in the grave.

One foot in the grave.

Just watched the press conference and I was impressed with how he came across. 

He seems a likable guy and that he will be a good character and role model for some of the younger boys. If MW selects him then it's because he has been doing the business in training and he'll be there on merit so hopefully everyone gives him the same backing they'd give any Ranger when he pulls on that blue shirt. 

Watching clips of hill defending and attacking and tbh people were crying out for a commanding, no nonsense centre back who's good in the air......as far as I can see we've got that so the only sticking point will be his age. Watched a feature with QPR after his injury and he spoke about how he likes to keep fit, look after his body, always in the gym. I think this is going to prove to be a master stroke from the manager.