Attendance 9iar

chewbacca

Was anyone else abit disappointed to see the attendance yesterday?

European match - SOLD OUT

9iar - Relive memories and show appreciation for our legends - 30000-35000 roughly

Still an amazing turnout but I would have fully expected yesterday to be sold out.

Too many blue seats and not enough blue noses :bouncy:

Was anyone else abit disappointed to see the attendance yesterday?

European match - SOLD OUT

9iar - Relive memories and show appreciation for our legends - 30000-35000 roughly

Still an amazing turnout but I would have fully expected yesterday to be sold out.

Too many blue seats and not enough blue noses :bouncy:

Depends on your point of view mate

People who were around then to witness the 9IAR probably had work to go to (maybe just making up excuses)

And the kids today don't know who any of them are (except McCoist)

For a game of old players against old players 35,000 turning up I think is a fantastic effort

On the way upto the game we were chatting how surprised we were that tickets could still be bought at the gate. Then when at the game there were alot more empty seats than expected.

Of course, its a game of older players, not as exciting as current squad ***cough***, and people have to budget as well. I was just surprised.

Oh, and you've made me suddenly feel rather old hahahaha I still thought of myself as young but if people out there don't know the team that won the 9 in a row season, god damn-it................I must be aging now haha :(:D

30k isnt too bad, it was a chance for people to relive the older memories, but also give their children a glimpse of some of the players (albeit, past it in some cases) from our great acheivment. I think it was great to see some of the players but it was nothing but an almost glorified scottish masters match, which we win every year near enough. still great to see some of the players back in blue though and despite being quite young myself, i knew who most of them were but havent seen a lot of them on the pitch before. for all it was a memory to relive.

On the way upto the game we were chatting how surprised we were that tickets could still be bought at the gate. Then when at the game there were alot more empty seats than expected.

Of course, its a game of older players, not as exciting as current squad ***cough***, and people have to budget as well. I was just surprised.

Oh, and you've made me suddenly feel rather old hahahaha I still thought of myself as young but if people out there don't know the team that won the 9 in a row season, god damn-it................I must be aging now haha :(:D

If it's any consolation i'm one of the lot that can remember them all.

I know some who don't even know Mo Johnston let alone know that he was one of the biggest signings we ever made.

So I doubt they would remember Chris Woods, Stuart Munro etc etc

I have no dout they have probably heard of them, but not seen them

I thought the 30,000+ was a decent turn out for the game.

I agree completely Bazza. It's not like there was a title hanging in the balance or anything. It was a fun day out. The players had a laugh and so did the crowd.

A fantastic effort on everyones part