Band of Brothers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in certain ways this reminds me of bf 1942, played that game to death, then the unofficial expansion came out for it which i also loved, this one doesn't feel like bf 3,4 and hardline it feels like bf1942 mixed with battlefront., i'm actually enjoying it, seeing people trying to bayonet tanks and horses flying off cliffs

love it

I've been in the Beta for about an hour.  First time I'm actually using my PC for this type of game.  I can't really use a mouse or keypad so plugged in my PS4 controller and running around with that.  Playing on PC is going to take some getting use to when it comes to games like this.

20 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Feel like they've used the wrong map for this beta.

The map's shite mate,it's a snipers paradise.big stretches of open sand and hardly anywhere to take cover from these cunts.fuck trying to capture g or e flag,it's suicide.

aiming in the beta feels off aswell,can't track moving players for shit,it's like I've got Parkinson's.apart from that I'm enjoying it so far.

13 minutes ago, watty. said:

The map's shite mate,it's a snipers paradise.big stretches of open sand and hardly anywhere to take cover from these cunts.fuck trying to capture g or e flag,it's suicide.

aiming in the beta feels off aswell,can't track moving players for shit,it's like I've got Parkinson's.apart from that I'm enjoying it so far.

I've felt like that as well.  I'm getting poor frames/per and thought it might be down to that.  Can't shoot any cunt with the snipers.

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I've felt like that as well.  I'm getting poor frames/per and thought it might be down to that.  Can't shoot any cunt with the snipers.

Something to bare in mind since you're using a controller.. unlike the consoles the PC version doesn't have aim assist, thus controllers are nowhere near as accurate... whilst it's difficult to start with learn to use K+M. 

FPS is also important.. prioritise frame rates over graphical fidelity! 

2 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Something to bare in mind since you're using a controller.. unlike the consoles the PC version doesn't have aim assist, thus controllers are nowhere near as accurate... whilst it's difficult to start with learn to use K+M. 

That might explain it.

On 31/08/2016 at 3:45 PM, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I've been in the Beta for about an hour.  First time I'm actually using my PC for this type of game.  I can't really use a mouse or keypad so plugged in my PS4 controller and running around with that.  Playing on PC is going to take some getting use to when it comes to games like this.

You should try and get used to using a keyboard and mouse for FPS games on PC, using a controller puts you at such a disadvantage when gaming on a PC.

4 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Pretty underwhelming tbh.

The gamemodes on offer I don't usually touch so that didn't help. Fuck capturing flags and defending a wee box, boring pish.

All out deathmatch, that's all that ever matters in these games for me.

(tu) I've never been able to get into other game modes when playing FPS games. 

5 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

How do i play the beta on ps4? I see someone said u dont need a code. I havent signed up for it can you still sign up?

You just download it from the PS store and then play it.

Although good luck playing it because the servers are utter dog shit

12 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

You just download it from the PS store and then play it.

Although good luck playing it because the servers are utter dog shit

The usual then ? They will sort it out for the release hopefully and have a few days with it being a bit sketchy. So glad iv got this to play though and not stuck with the sci fi dug shite that call of duty has become. 

I've only played it for around an hour or so but this feels like it's going to be the first Battlefield game where you're going to have to play the campaign first just so you can get to grips with all the new weapons and vehicles first.

Coming from BC1/2/BF3/4 which were all in a modern setting to jumping into a game based on WW1 will take some getting used to imo especially  with all the new class changes.

Still think they chose the wrong map for this beta in all honesty as it's far too open which leaves you getting clipped from snipers in all directions.

Downloaded and played it last night. Really impressed . I have been playing COD for years, brilliant franchise that kept me up till all hours in the morning fighting the yanks online and having clan matches etc. Recently the switch to sci-fi futuristic stuff totally put me off and i have been begging for a new ww2 shooter. Battlefield have gone for ww1 which is just as good if not better. 

Was kamikazi piloting last night into buildings full of suspected bheasts, me and some stranger were bombing it round the map in one of the armoured vehicles hounding folk for fun was gallas. The sound in game is spot on as well, cant wait to hear the full experience on the surround sound or with the turtlebeach's. 

I'v got this and fifa 17 preordered so fifa will keep me going till this bf1 gets released. Would be good to get a rangers clan set up for online battles i'll fire up a thread closer to the time for anyone wanting to join. Would be good with the 32v32 battles thats there to be played.

Would like to see BF1 knock COD off its perch this year, too long have they been taking the money and not coming up with much different each year apart from a different set of maps. The dynamics have been the same. Not listening to the loyal majority fanbase about what direction they want the game to go in should not go unpunished. Too bad they had to bundle modern warfare in with the new installment, using a old game to soften the blow to your new shite is embarassing and is ripping the piss right out the fans

Really enjoying the beta also.plays nothing like battlefront imo.that game was absolute trash.

sure the map is a snipers paradise,due to the limited cover and the hit detection is pretty bad sometimes,but you can see there's definitely a good game there,once they iron out the bugs and balance the tanks,weapons etc.

day 1 for me.

3 hours ago, watty. said:

Really enjoying the beta also.plays nothing like battlefront imo.that game was absolute trash.

sure the map is a snipers paradise,due to the limited cover and the hit detection is pretty bad sometimes,but you can see there's definitely a good game there,once they iron out the bugs and balance the tanks,weapons etc.

day 1 for me.

I have preordered through shopto.net , there a good outfit. I have had majority of games arrive the day before release with them. And you build points too so i think i had about £3 saved up that i used so got the game cheaper. I'm going online the night for a blast as soon as i'm indoors. The dug can shit out the backdoor the night , i'm busy. 

3 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

I have preordered through shopto.net , there a good outfit. I have had majority of games arrive the day before release with them. And you build points too so i think i had about £3 saved up that i used so got the game cheaper. I'm going online the night for a blast as soon as i'm indoors. The dug can shit out the backdoor the night , i'm busy. 

Aye,used shopto myself a few times,no complaints.

tell myself I'll just go on for a few games,next thing it's 1 in the morning.it's addictive as fuck.