Old Gers VHS Videos

Ok so I've got a box full of these sitting in the spare room, but don't just wanna chuck them away. I'm having a clear out and haven't got the space any more. I must have pretty much nearly every official video released, plus a few matches recorded off the telly, such as cup finals and such. There's a ton of Gers footage there from the mid-to-late 80s right through to the early 00s. Just fire me a wee message if you wanna come and pick them up.

30 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Ok so I've got a box full of these sitting in the spare room, but don't just wanna chuck them away. I'm having a clear out and haven't got the space any more. I must have pretty much nearly every official video released, plus a few matches recorded off the telly, such as cup finals and such. There's a ton of Gers footage there from the mid-to-late 80s right through to the early 00s. Just fire me a wee message if you wanna come and pick them up.

Sell them to someone on here then put then contact govanblue and pay the money into the erskine fund (tu)

21 minutes ago, Fabric said:

Sell them to someone on here then put then contact govanblue and pay the money into the erskine fund (tu)

He old post them on the sos Facebook page and sell at 5 times the original value,.  A one time limited offer only, of course.  :pipe:

Ps hope you managed to copy them digitally before getting rid of them

28 minutes ago, Fabric said:

I doubt anyone would pay for these old videos now. I tried offering them to the local supporter's club, but they don't even have a VHS player any more. I'm afraid they've all gotta go in one fell swoop, don't care about money, would rather have the space. If no interest then it's off to the skip they go, which would be a shame.

2 hours ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Have you thought about getting the vhs tapes converted to digital format?

1 hour ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

I doubt anyone would pay for these old videos now. I tried offering them to the local supporter's club, but they don't even have a VHS player any more. I'm afraid they've all gotta go in one fell swoop, don't care about money, would rather have the space. If no interest then it's off to the skip they go, which would be a shame.

Don't skip them mate . Charity shop at worst . Cmon . No binning of Rangers things .

Doing that would buy me years of bad luck :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Would be a shame that. 

Nobody wants any type of VHS video these days, well not enough to go hunting for them. The charity shops don't even want them. I'll be moving soon and I had to get rid of all my useless rubbish, so I binned my combi TV/Video player and I'm currently taking all the recyclable stuff to the recycling dump.

They don't even accept the video itself to recycle, but the plastic boxes can be.

53 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Don't skip them mate . Charity shop at worst . Cmon . No binning of Rangers things .

Doing that would buy me years of bad luck :rolleyes:

Charity shops won't take VHS tapes and haven't done so for the past few years now. I asked around, but they all told me they need the floor space for the stuff that actually sells.

4 hours ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

57 minutes ago, Lego63 said:

There is a page on facebook and the guy takes all the games and highlights he has taped on VHS and posts them online for fellow bears to enjoy.Maybe he will be interested.

I'll PM him see if he wants them (tu)

4 hours ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Hi, I would be interested in any tapes recorded from TV, I have all the official releases.

3 hours ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Charity shops won't take VHS tapes and haven't done so for the past few years now. I asked around, but they all told me they need the floor space for the stuff that actually sells.

Great point mate .You are right .Forgotten about that .

I'm sure you will do the right thing .

Thankfully I've got all mine onto DVDs now 

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Great point mate .You are right .Forgotten about that .

I'm sure you will do the right thing .

Thankfully I've got all mine onto DVDs now 

DVDs?  Soooooooo yesterday, you know the next great recording medium, expected to be viable for millions of years is storiing data  on DNA.  Microsoft and M I T already have proof of concept, but I am 3/4 through a bottle of Bacardi so excuse me if I don't  try to explain.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

DVDs?  Soooooooo yesterday, you know the next great recording medium, expected to be viable for millions of years is storiing data  on DNA.  Microsoft and M I T already have proof of concept, but I am 3/4 through a bottle of Bacardi so excuse me if I don't  try to explain.

You are just sheer lazy man :P