Rumour doing the rounds....

MisterC

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, MisterC said:

Evening all and happy Friday :beer1: It just so happens I have heard from a good source that Mr Warburton is going to surprise us all very soon with a striker who hasn't been talked about. Kinda reminds me of the times when the first you would hear of a signing was when it happened. Anyway I digress. Punchline is folks, word I hear is we are getting a striker and its one that will make us all sit up and dust off our monocles in disbelief.....

MisterC :pipe:

Right thinking cap on, striker, 35 years old plus, no resale value, low wages, no transfer fee, played less than 10 games last season......that should narrow it down....

Really can't see it being RVP the money does not stack up. The only thing I heard was he was English and the management team were speaking to Harry Redknapp to see what the player was like as a character as he had worked with him. Given the number of players Harry Redknapp has worked with that's a wide list 

2 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Really can't see it being RVP the money does not stack up. The only thing I heard was he was English and the management team were speaking to Harry Redknapp to see what the player was like as a character as he had worked with him. Given the number of players Harry Redknapp has worked with that's a wide list 

Peter crouch.got to be.

No Surrender

Rab

Robin van Persie. :lol:

Fucking hell, I might be putting my tremendous reputation on the line here through mocking, but are people fucking high?

Are certain people oblivious to the money floating around the world's elite leagues? I'm not even talking about England, Spain or Italy; I'm talking about Netherlands, Russia and Turkey, for example, never mind the USA and the Middle East. Nike will pay footballers £5K per-game for wearing their boots in most countries, never mind the unbelievable salaries, bonuses, allowances, etc.

We are the world's most successful club, but operate in a third world footballing country. That's why we're signing unspectacular (almost) nobodies - a term I use non-offensively - for peanuts.

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Robin van Persie. :lol:

Fucking hell, I might be putting my tremendous reputation on the line here through mocking, but are people fucking high?

Are certain people oblivious to the money floating around the world's elite leagues? I'm not even talking about England, Spain or Italy; I'm talking about Netherlands, Russia and Turkey, for example, never mind the USA and the Middle East. Nike will pay footballers £5K per-game for wearing their boots in most countries, never mind the unbelievable salaries, bonuses, allowances, etc.

We are the world's most successful club, but operate in a third world footballing country. That's why we're signing unspectacular (almost) nobodies - a term I use non-offensively - for peanuts.

Fair point bud but ahem Nico and Joey didn't think so (tu)

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I don't understand the mentality of some folk, if you do know something but cannot tell anyone then just don't say anything.

Otherwise you're just fishing for popularity when in fact all you do is piss a lot of folk off.

Bit like you do every other day Jack (tu):D